Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Cheaters will be paired with each other in the new update

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    This is great. Let's see who cheats best.

-Tj- likes this.
  3. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG RTX 6090 Ultra
    Call of Bots: Modern Cheating

Stormyandcold and jbscotchman like this.
  4. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    I really hate cheaters in Multiplayer games. I never understood the point of it, so this makes me really happy. Kudos to the devs for this.

nick0323, Brasky, jbscotchman and 2 others like this.

5. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    I don't see this mentioned anywhere and I honestly hope it isn't so.
    Just because you are suspected of cheating doesn't men you are in fact cheating.
    Forcing suspected cheaters (good players ?) to play with actual cheaters is not a good way to do this.

6. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    I think they developed a system with trust factor score for each player. So basically if person has low factor score, it will be paired with other low trust score players.
    It could be applied for more than just cheating. For example, players who get reported a lot, may have lower score, meaning they will end up with other reported players.

If you just ban accout, they will create a new one and ruin game for others. If you slowly lowering their score, it will take a while to realize they are in a crap hole with other cheaters.

7. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    So now this is all over the news they will make new accounts over and over.

8. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    Just because you are good at something doesn't mean you cheat. If you are good at something you will get reported a lot, which is no reason to treat you like dirt.
    If this happened to me and I found out about it, I would dump the game in a split second. Just as I did when I found out about the World of tanks match making system.
    World of tanks lost a player who spent a lot of money on that game. Their loss. I don't like cheaters they are the scum of video gaming. But that doesn't mean you can treat players
    who are suspected of cheating like crap. Bad players will almost always report someone really good for cheating. Just because they play the game a few times a week and they assume
    not one can be so much better than them, so they report they guy / girl for cheating.

Venix likes this.
  9. Zogran

Zogran Member

GPU:
    Msi Gtx 970
    Although this is a step in the right direction, this game will need to do even more against cheaters tot save itself.
    I stopped playing as of today because every 5th game or so my squad gets instagibbed from 200 m by a guy with a smg.
    And when you spectate these guys they dont even try to hide it.

For the time being ill switch tot valorant.

10. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    @Webhiker oh ?? what does wot mm does ? i have to play for a while but i pop for a game every now and then

@Zogran Valorant seems like a good fps ...BUT their anticheat system installs at Kernel level highest permissions possible and is 100% of the time active ... even when you do not play valorant personally i do not feel comfortable to have RIOT's rootkit in my pc

11. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    @Venix
    WOT MM was rigged to force players in the 50% win ratio so wargaming could make more money out of the players. "We dont want players to become bored with winning the game to easy".. SURE! my [edited]! Winning games is fun, getting matched in with [edited]over and over and over because your stats are to good isnt.

Venix likes this.
  12. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    "They're using a keyboard and mouse! That's cheating!"

On a serious note, if enough people accuse you of cheating, shouldn't you just be banned entirely?

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    my nephew accuses every player better than him of aimbotting, does that answer your question?

14. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    @Webhiker oh i see well i am a 51% winrate player so i did not really noticed .... but it should be random .... an 60% player must be getting matched only with tomatoes team mates i guess that can get annoying

15. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I said enough people. So for example if the majority of people you play against report you for cheating, then something will be done.

16. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    and what exactly should they do, if you don't cheat?

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I remember few years ago I got called out in COD bo2

lol I smoked a joly and I fell so into the zone with reflexes on edge, no one could get close to me.. and with a shotgun xD, then few rounds later cheat hax bla bla lol

18. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    If enough people call you a rapist, you should just be sent immediately to prison, right? Or...maybe there should be a trial, judge, jury...proof...evidence...testimony...

19. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Most people don't accuse you of cheating if it's obvious you're not. I've been wrongly accused of cheating a few times, but the vast majority of times that never happened, so I'd be safe. Whenever there was someone who very obviously was a cheater, they were very quickly vote-banned.

What an absurd comparison. One is a horrific crime, the other is spoiling the fun of a game. But let's just go with your analogy anyway:
    What I'm suggesting is no different than a jury. You are penalized only when the majority agrees you are cheating. Other players vote if you're a problem.

Besides, how do none of you realize that you're still being penalized no matter what? If you aren't a cheater but the community says you are, you're still being punted with a bunch of people who are actually cheaters, thereby ruining your fun. Most honest people don't see the joy in cheating, so it's not like they're going to stoop to the same level. So - make the penalty more severe and maybe it'll discourage people from doing it.

20. 1Bravo

1Bravo Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 980 Ti Hybrid
    So the new Gulag :)