Crysis 1 remake (rumor)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Aug 31, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    So long as Saber Interactive don't botch it, I don't think running this well will be a problem.

If they are bringing the game over to newer versions of CryEngine, it should almost instantly run better.
    As later versions of the engine are optimized much better then CE2 ever was.

But, again, someone out there with a RIG that barely meets minimum specs will try to run it at 4K with RTX on and cry the devs screwed it up.
    Though I'm still in the camp that RTX is "meh" at best.

2. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Yeah me too. I'm much more interested in DLSS 2.0.
    But I'm open to being wooed by raytracing as well, just hasn't happened yet.

3. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    what is dlss 2.0? can u please explain

4. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, nothing I've seen from ray tracing makes me feel it's something I "must have".
    So, no urge to rush out and get an RTX card.

I played Control from start to end, and felt the game looked amazing. And when looking at RTX footage, I actually prefer how it looked with the effects off.
    Seems the "RTX on = every surface reflects everything"...
    Which is awful at times, when in a concrete service tunnel... concrete walls should not reflect like a mirror.

Yes, a lot of my "gripes" with the feature are in how it's currently being used. But, if it's being used poorly (in my eyes) why should I spend the money to use it?
    Maybe in the future, when devs learn that "less is more" (again) and make the effects more subtle, and natural... and the performance costs balance out, it'll be worth it.
    But for now, seems like an overly enthusiastic way of making everything look wet and overly shiny.

5. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Digital Foundry does a better job than me:

6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I think this be crap.

They ruined Crysis when they moved it to consoles, should have left it PC.

7. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
  8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    the quality most likely is gonna be beyond the level of graphics in Sniper Ghost warrior 3 and contracts, for me the main draw in is the weapon placement and feel of crysis 2 that i liked, so i think it s gonna be more of the same which is great

9. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Not really excited.

Crysis 1 was mediocre game at its best, graphics was top-notch but the gameplay pretty uninspiring at all.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    [​IMG]

It's one of the few games I've actually played through multiple times and finished, the gameplay was extremely fun... my favorite parts were driving the military vehicle on the beach area and fighting against the attack helicopter and the night time bit with the night vision.

Honestly it just comes down to personal preference... I hate World of Warcraft for example but I don't go looking for World of Warcraft threads to share how much I hate it and the reasons for hating it.

ramthegamer, Duke Nil and Undying like this.

11. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    god the psychic helo i hated that damn thing.

sneaking across the map with a helo on you was maddening, think i modded the things ai or dl a mod for it. reminded me of the mounted guns in arma 2 being sniper accurate.

got c1 on gog anyway, f my old EA account.

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    It was decent enough to cope with the shooters at the time.

13. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Well we had COD4 around the same time, which was better than crysis in every possible way except graphics.

Unreal Tournament 3 was mediocre as well so yeah crysis was kinda of a meh surrounded by meh games.

14. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  15. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    guys all of you who are hating on this game and saying the game has bad gameplay, it is a solid shooter, not a whole sandbox shooter, but still a decent enough FPS game with what was sublime and breakthrough graphics for its time, so appreciate that we have a remaster add to that, the 91 metascore it has.,.... i think people should calm their tits a bit, i made a mistake back then by saying the game isn t optimized enough, well no one is supposed to buy a low end video card, but that was my budget back then and i was wrong, this game if played on a mid range card back then would have performed well, but i was using a gt 220 1 gb ddr3 and said that it was unoptimized, while any gaming rig should have mid range card and not less if one wants to enjoy a game of this level, so some people should really calm their tits

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020

16. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    i can count plenty of better games than Crysis, including shooters, that i would like to see as
    a remake.

at his best moments Crysis was a mediocre shooter in my eyes with nothing spectacular about it,
    other than its well known graphics. story was D grade at best, game-play was meh, atmosphere was meh,
    music was meh, guns\explosions sounds - good, graphics - stunning, so in a short review i can score it a 75\100 with exceptional
    graphics. Metacritic can say 91\100 all day long, this is fine by me :)

i don't think anyone in his right senses can argue about the game's graphics for its time, but the rest.. brutally average.

moab600 likes this.
  17. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    I would give it 60 out of 100 mostly due to the graphics, the gameplay was boring as hell.

18. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    [​IMG]

Redemption80, ramthegamer and Undying like this.
  19. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Its a great score

20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    A metacritic score does not factually mean a game is great.
    I'm sure there are plenty of games you personally dislike that have amazing metetcritic scores.

Different tastes, different people.
    Just saying, all metacritic is is an amalgamation of review scores, equaling an average. And all a review is... is an opinion piece. That reviewers opinion.
    So, you have a website averaging people's opinions.
    I mean, according to Metacritic... Crysis is a better game then Return to Castle Wolfenstein. So... nope.

For me, in 2007, we also had BioShock and STALKER. Both vastly superior games.

Also had The Orange Box, which... really... shouldn't have to say anything there.
    And personally, TimeShift also came out in 2007. And I had way more fun with it then I did Crysis.

Yes, Crysis was/is visually stunning.
    Yes, some of the early levels are fun to run around in. But... for me, the story is a joke. Characters are paper thin, throw away cliches. The aliens are horrible to fight, the game's pacing completely falls apart once you enter the mines. And from then on, everything feels at odds with any and everything the game tried to establish in it's opening levels.