Valorant - Character Based Tactical Shooter by Riot Games

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by KissSh0t, Oct 16, 2019.

1. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
  2. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    As if I didn't have enough reason to avoid this bland looking attempt of an E-sport shooter.. throw in a rootkit 'anti-cheat' on top of it..

No thanks.

Reclusive781 likes this.
  3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    What does it do exactly?

When you uninstall the game it doesn't even remove it, you need to do it manually.

4. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    It doesnt do anything, its anti-cheat.

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Hard pass.

6. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    It installs and loads a .sys file with ring 0 level access (the most access you can possibly get in the Windows environment) that runs at the start of your computer and never turns off. I can't say as a fact or from personal experience as I haven't installed the beta (complete lack of interest there) to begin with, but knowing that it does install that I would never install the game. Why does it need to be running all the time? Who wants to trust Riot/Tencent and therefor potentially (realistically) the CCP with a backdoor to your machine? I also hear some people claim that it is causing stutters/frame drops in other games not related to the Vanguard anti-cheat.

Again, I don't have personal experience so I am not a good source on any of this.

Here, watch this instead of listening to me:

KissSh0t likes this.
  7. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    Riot understands. il give them credit for that.

they know CS is simply a timeless game, therefor the combat\shooting is a copy\paste.

they will bring their vision and keep the combat as a CS replica. i predict massive audience.

8. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    its not really copy/paste...

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  10. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT

11. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    morning

the gun-play\aim\shooting\movement - from what iv seen so far, its a CS replica. at least that's what my eyes see. the rest ( characters, different guns, skills & abilities ) are Riot's version for a hybrid competitive shooter. given their very relevant experience in the Moba community, i believe Riot feels the formula that made CS a timeless competitive shooter - is now implanted in their own game. so that's what i mean by a a copy\paste. i see a very popular game bringing a lot of crowd for years to come. i dislike CS, so Valorant is a hard pass for me. that's just my take on it :)

12. Reclusive781

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    This garbage cartoon version of CS:GO developed by communist ant people needs to die.

13. Reclusive781

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT

Tat3 likes this.
  14. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
  15. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

Whats with the hate boner for a game you won't play?

Did I miss something?

16. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Yes. The "anti cheat software" which that game installs. It doesn't stop people cheating, so it's not good at that. Removing the game does not remove that anti cheat. Anti cheat runs all the time after it has been installed, it's running even before you log in to your PC. Riot/Tencent is owned by Chinese. But hey, nothing to worry about, you can trust the them and there is no way that some third party could get full access to your computer because of this.

Reminds me of my childhood when parents were blaming installed games for every problem there was with the computer. Soon this might actually be true.

cerebus23 and Reclusive781 like this.
  17. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

No anti cheat can stop cheaters, and anything on your computer can be used to gain access.

Seems like a lot of hate just because its Riot.

18. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    I don't play LoL or other that kind of games. I have not played CS is ages and never played Overwatch. For me it's not about Riot, it's about that anti cheat which went too far. I do not want to see that kind of anti cheat in any game and I really hope that other companies do not implement similar systems. If enough people talk about this and refuse to install the game, I hope that the anti cheat in current form goes away. After that, I don't complain if people get good free game which is not pay to win.

19. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Nothing is too far regarding anti cheat, it's a rampant issue that's been plaguing every competitive games on pc for the last 2 decades.
    Cheaters ruin competitive games, ruin the experience.

BUT, when i'm not intending to play this game, i want nothing from it running on my computer. I'd rather restart my computer everytime i want to play this game.

I have no doubt this whole thing is getting blown out of proportion, like a lot of things on internet.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    Party Poison likes this.
  20. Reclusive781

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    First coronavirus now Valorant.

Astyanax likes this.