GeForce 445.87 Game Ready Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Deleted member 255716, Apr 15, 2020.

1. GiveMe

GiveMe Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Trinity OC
  2. sayem57

sayem57 Member

GPU:
    Zotac RTX2080Ti amp
    HDR is working fine for me. I am using potplayer with madvr and LAV filters. Image sharpening is also working fine.

3. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    Why would it be in driver? DLSS needs to be supported in game, you can't just enforce it globally in everything.

4. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Its been moved to the main driver folder instead of having its own folder.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
    RodroG likes this.

5. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    It is NGX, which is used by DLSS (which should still be shipped with the games).
    Just like the main driver package provides CUDA, it also does NGX now. Though it might be that the line what is NGX and what is DLSS is a bit blurry, who knows. Anyhow, it's not our concern.

6. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    This driver is behaving the same as the previous one. Not bad at all on my system, so I keep them for now.
    Games like metro ex, borderlands 3, witcher 3 and bfv all do the same fps, at least not less performance.
    One thing I did notice, things look sharper. Brighter.
    After first install I changed one game profile in the nvcp and found firestrike was suddenly locked at 72 fps max, I have gsync disabled globally but enabled it for borderlands 3.
    After figuring this out I decided to go back to 445.78 and immidiately noticed less sharpness. Still had the same bug with setting a game profile so decided to flush out everything and do a new install in the custom setup for this driver.
    Now all was fine again, game profiles don't interfere with global settings. I suppose it was something in memory on my end or some left over reg setting that ddu didn't clean out.
    And it's a little bit sharper.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You cannot do this.

I don't know how people got it in their heads that they could make this work, the monitor refresh technology setting cannot be set in profiles and expected to work, if you don't want a game to use gsync, use nvidia inspector to change its profile and set Gsync application state: force off.

@ManuelG can a change request be made that the monitor technology option be removed from profiles in exchange for Gsync application state?

artina90 and flow like this.
  8. SyntaX

SyntaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    setting game profile to "fixed refreshrate" and " vsync off", my monitor shows ingame gsync off and tearing is there like it should be. exit game and g-sync is enabled again. there where drivers some time ago that has that
    behavior you could only fix with nvidia inspector and application state.

9. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    I appreciate your answer, and it made it clear to me now. It is indeed the option in the game profile that make me and likely others think that you can enable it per game, while disabled in global settings.
    I'm happy this is sorted out for me now.

10. Smiley_ie

Smiley_ie Guest

GPU:
    3090 Alphacool
    So is COD:MZ a driver or game issue ? seems to be a lot of people with texture prob.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It doesn't matter what "Your game" shows, it does not work for all games and most will not respect the change.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i haven't seen screenshots of what you are reporting yet, i've seen a few state there is an issue but no idea what it is to throw into google search and go looking.

Updates:
    The RE3R Flickering on certain lit up objects has been reproduced
    F1 2019 Crashing has been acknowledged in r445

Monster Hunter World DX12 lighting up like a psychadelic drug affliction has been fixed and a hotfix driver *may* be coming.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

the limit was removed in both GRD 445.87 and NSD 442.92

14. jabloomf

jabloomf Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
    Does anyone keep track of the change in VRAM usage in DX12 games between driver versions? Just wondering.

15. Thunk_It

Thunk_It Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080ti Turbo
    GPU core and VRAM usage are the same in Borderlands 3 DX12. With both driver 442.50 and 445.87 I am getting ~1.7 Ghz core clock and 5.2 GB VRAM usage with a VRAM clock of 7.0 Ghz. Also both drivers give me ~105 fps @2560x1440.

16. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Thanks for reporting, was just about to ask whether they fixed sharpening.
    Won't bother with these drivers then.

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  18. bombardier

bombardier Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 Phantom
    Petr V likes this.
  19. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
  20. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Not going to lie, after installing this driver I played some BF5 and my first thought was in fact that this game is brighter AND sharper than it was before. I haven't played BF5 in a few weeks so I thought maybe something changed in the game or I was just remembering wrong.. but there was something noticeably different there and this was before I saw any of these comments regarding brightness and sharpness.

Placebo maybe.. maybe I did change settings and don't remember..