Crysis 1 remake (rumor)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Aug 31, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    I personally hated Crysis 3 lol. I built myself a new pc to play that at full details (4790k, 16gig, 2x 780 gtx) and I stopped playing it when I got over half way, I just didn't enjoy it.

Much preferred Crysis 1 ( to an extent ) & 2 so I'm looking forward to this remake.

2. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    The rig I had back then if I remember was a 3930K at 4.5ghz (later upgrade to a 4930K at 4.3ghz) with 16GB of DDR3 2133 and SLi Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB edition. Ran at max settings, with very smooth frame rates.

If I had to rank them, I would say that Crysis 1 had a major advantage in atmosphere. Game play wise Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 were better, as the nanosuits and weaponry were much more powerful.

3. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    DSOgaming is reporting that the Crysis remake will feature major upgrades to the original, to include:

I hope that the N.Korean soldiers can swim this time. I want to feed them to the sharks :cool:

ramthegamer likes this.
  4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    The game is a chore because it doesnt have the crysis feel

Archvile82 likes this.

5. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Crysis 3 had what may be the best graphics of any game released to date. Polished feel to it and outstanding characters, voice acting. Good gameplay until about half way then begins to fall apart.
    Crysis 2 had the best campaign and was the most enjoyable Crysis title that I've played.
    Crysis 1 was spotty as hell. Had great moments as well as utter crap missions, unfun enemies (aliens), cheesy North Koreans dialogue (die Yankee coward!). Graphics were also spotty, great in some instances (lush vegetation), terrible in others (vehicles, objects, clutter in huts or buildings, etc).

Would rather see a remaster of Crysis 2 than 1, purely due to its superior gameplay, story, plot, characters that drew me into the game more than the others.

ramthegamer likes this.
  6. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    One thing I hope they fix is the draw in on objects (decals ?), Always remember light switch would just pop in like 2 feet in front of you, always annoyed me considering all the detail that was being rendered around you.

I played some Far Cry the other week and that brings back many memories, trying to play DX 9 mode on 5800 ultra...I'll get my coat :D.

7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    superior gameplay, however a walled in experience as Newyork times said about it

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Its coming to switch? My hopes are gone for this to be something revolutionary.

ramthegamer likes this.
  9. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    ramthegamer likes this.
  10. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    Definitely an interest to me. A shame the game will still suck when the
    island is flash frozen and the awful aliens come out to play.
    :(

DocStr4ngelove likes this.

11. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    I expect the Switch to more closely resemble the Xbox 360 version, over which it still should be a significant improvement.

It's probably going to be re-released once the PS5 and Series X are released too, so I'm hopeful this game still will be an early taste of next-gen.

12. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I'll only start considering it if it cost <15$

13. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Yup. I must've restarted the game 20 times because the first half hunting soldiers in the jungle is waaaayyyyy more fun than 'fighting' those aliens. The game's atmosphere really falls apart after that.

14. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I did the same, restarted like 10 times those first 5 levels

15. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    aside from its glorious graphics for its time, Crysis was an average shooter for me.
    story\game itself isn't memorable in my book ;/

fantaskarsef likes this.

16. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    This. Played Crysis and Warhead, and I have to say, what stayed most memorable was the graphics, the rest was okay-ish for me too.

coc likes this.
  17. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    The sandbox feel remains there for the first 5 levels then it falls apart

fantaskarsef likes this.
  18. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Pretty much.
    Visually the game is stunning, but from a gameplay perspective... it feels a bit so/so.

Almost as if Crytek couldn't settle on what kind of game they wanted to make. "Lets give the player a super suit, but... no, can't be too powerful. Make it realistic, but... you can go invisible. So long as you don't move... yeah.
    Super speed? No, well... maybe for a few seconds."
    They give the player possible tools, but massively gimp them to try and pull the game away from the "power fantasy" theme the suit seems designed to give players.
    I mean, the intro cinematic shows the players basically being this indestructible super soldier.

Yet, in game... "Maximum Armor"... you can take MAYBE a "couple" of shots more then if you weren't using armor.

And really, there isn't much "sand box" to the game. It's still a linear, point A to point B design. They just try and mask it by making the paths between those points wide.
    There's very little actual variety in the levels. Player goes this way... he'll run into some soldiers. Okay, he goes this way... he'll come across... some soldiers...

What if he goes this way? OH... he'll come in contact with... some soldiers, and a jeep. GASP!

19. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    What did you expect; an RPG where you play as a Superman?

Crysis is more an engine showcase. One more thing that was great is AI. Also what i like about it is quasi-realism; in Crysis/Warhead you will not find an ammo or weapon in places that makes no sense.
    In HL/HL2 you crawl into some hole/pipe and you find an ammo?? Or in Bioshock you find it in a picnic basket?? Enemy has left it here just for you! This nonsense was also implemented in Crysis 2/3, this linear/casual gameplay design.

20. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080