Halo Infinite

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by KissSh0t, Jun 11, 2018.

1. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Well, we'll see how it goes. I haven't played the previous games, but with the MCC coming to PC, I may give it a spin (if the port turns out to be good).

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  3. Flakk

Flakk Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    Wow I'm really gonna enjoy driving those warthogs when this game comes out.

KissSh0t likes this.
  4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I guess there will be lots of driving in Halo Infinite going by this video haha.

The 100 year old tractor was the coolest looking thing ever... I really hope they do more video's like this, it's always fun to see this sort of behind the scenes stuff.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB

*edit*

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Honestly not very impressed with the gameplay video... doesn't look next gen at all. 4K60fps is nice to see but visually it looks flat, texture quality looks subpar and just looks like a solid colour without any (or very little) surface detail to them. Gun sounds were nice, sound overall seems much improved, open world is hit or miss with people I would prefer a linear game as I'm bored with endless open worlds now.

Seems like its being held back as its a cross gen title and needs to run on the current machines too, probably at 4K30fps with dynamic res scalar or 1080p60fps which judging by the graphics quality shouldn't be an issue on current gen machines.

Serotonin likes this.
  7. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I figured this coming console gen wouldnt have much visual improvement since it's going 4k. But damn...this looks like something from 2015. Gamepass title, so i'll play it. But with the rumored $69.99 price hike for games next-gen....yeah...nothing in that presentation jumped out at me to pay that for any of it. Minus Fable and Stalker 2, which seem years away still.

Gotta love parity. We will be sitting on 3080 RTX gpu's and continue to be held back by consoles. Frustrating.

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  8. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Never played a Halo game, so I can't / won't really participate in the discussion. But I did see the Xbox reveal event and the gameplay trailer.

Freezing the gameplay video a few times, I think the reason the game seems a bit off is the lack of Ambient Occlusion, and that the textures makes things look like plastic.

@ the 3:32-ish mark
    [​IMG]

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    lighting and detail pass has not been done yet.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It just clicked in my head, the true reason for the price hike on purchasing standalone video games on the "next gen" consoles is to make subscribing to a service more palatable to the average gamer.

Subscription crap aside I am sooooooo looking forward to Infinite... I guess we will be traveling right around the ring to get to the damaged section?

Serotonin and CPC_RedDawn like this.

11. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    If that is true then they are seriously stupid, why show your big console selling triple A franchise exclusive launch title... literally the biggest gaming franchise they have, in an unfinished state? I know things can change during development and sometimes trailers or gameplay reveals can change before release but to not even have proper lighting, shadows, and AO in your big reveal seems rather stupid to me when its supposed to be the title that sells a new console on launch....

Serotonin likes this.
  12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Because... lighting and detail passes are almost never finished until the product hits Gold.

And, if you think that will stop HALO Infinite from selling, or the new Xbox from selling... you're fooling yourelf. ;) Even after how much "fans" complained about Halo 5, Infinite will sell... like crazy.

XP-200 likes this.
  13. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Well as a gamepass subber i have a very nice collection of games coming to me over the next year, Halo, SOD3, F8, and some look very interesting, that one with the two different worlds looks very good.

Serotonin likes this.
  14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This

15. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    That is true it will still sell well, because of its name alone and mainly because it will be playable on current gen consoles.

The general consensus from the live event has been pretty underwhelming. Sure those effects are not finished until a game goes gold, but to have them completely missing is just weird. I have never seen Nintendo show off Mario with completely missing graphics effects, and I don't think Ive ever seen Sony or Microsoft showing off a game with missing effects either. Its normally over the top PC footage with everything turned up to 11 and then on release the graphics are toned down for console hardware.

I would never of showed off the game in this state.

16. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Of course the irony here is that the next gen consoles are offering 4k HDR 120fps gaming, yet game devs can't show those feature off on the more popular streaming app as the likes of YT don't support 120fps playback, and the YT HDR app on smart tv's seem to be a flip of the coin if the TV maker and model you have supports the feature.......so we are at the stage were console hardware has now moved ahead of everyone and now the only way to really see what they are offering is to have the hardware in front of you on a 4k HDR 120hz TV....its mad how quickly tech is moving. lol

17. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    Best in class performance capture (lip syncing looking amazing) but the rest.... meh.

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  19. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
  20. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^^Whoever took that screenshot needs to upgrade their internet to something better than 56k dial-up. lol