Cyberpunk 2077 NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti's selling at Auction for $4250

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 8, 2020.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    You know it's going to happen one day, high end video cards are already double what high end video cards should be priced at...... why not triple? or quadruple the price? there's always an oil prince somewhere.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    this card will end up showing up in a rig showcase next year at some convention.

3. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    It's no different than any other collectors item. Toys are meant to be played with, not kept in a box, coins meant to be spent, etc... Because you don't understand why people do it doesn't make it wrong. Let rich people spend their money

4. phatbx133

phatbx133 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1050ti 4GB
    That's lot of Atari 5200.

5. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    Exactly. Let people put back some extra money in the economy somehow.
    Is not that spending more for a supercar or in drugs or at some super star chef dinner is definetely a better choice.
    Once you take care for who you have to, and once you have some money aside for emergencies ( for the you and family ), and once you capped your charity level ( that can be very near to zero and you can be totally a fine person ), with the rest of the money do whatever you want to do.

A 1200$ 2080ti or a 300$ 1650 gets obsolete as fast as that card, and the difference between 300$ and 5200$ is probably less than the difference between people salaries across any country.

6. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    It's very different than any other collector's item. This isn't like it's aimed at video card collectors, it's an item very loosely branded with the name of some random thing. That's like collecting a fishing boat because it's an official Cyberpunk sanctioned item. Let Y or Z do W or X? Sure, but they need to be mocked accordingly for it; the world has become too complacent and accepting of stupidity, greed, and gluttony. Just because some fracked up behavior has become normalized doesn't mean the rest of the world should bite their tongues.

7. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    No.
    In this particular example there is no greed and gluttony or stupidity. You want something, you buy something. Is not an overpriced first necessity item or service. Is a commodity.
    Trashing money at something you do not want does not make you award a mock just because you do not want that particular item or you think 5200$ is an high value, maybe he/she does 6000$ per week.

You can buy the same functional item at a fraction of the cost. Well great, good for you. That does not make him/her stupid.

I would tell you maybe is doing a super present for his son/nephew/niece/daughter and that is priceless for him/she.

The world has become complacent and accepting the right of everyone to comment and judge what other people do, when there is no necessity at all. That is the other side of the problem.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  8. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Yeah.... minus the ebay and paypal charges, but still nice bit of extra cash...enough to buy a 2080ti with a better cooler or just wait for the 3xxx series

9. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I assure you there's magnitudes more people in this world who've said exactly the same thing about GTX1080ti owners. Waaaaayyyyy more.

10. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Except it's the complete opposite, especially online everything has become pussified to the point that I can't say the same things that I would point blank to someone's face. And I was replying to the specific scenario of just having it there collecting dust for the sake of collecting it and never using it. If someone buys it because they make $X/w which s/he can spare just to have it collect dust, that just makes him/her an asshole on top of being stupid. It's not comparable to a normal collector's item. It's not really associated with what's being collected for, and it only loses value. Don't try to compare them. A super present to give a kid a $4K video card instead of the same thing plus whatever else that cash can buy? Maybe you're one of those people who think it's okay to spend any amount on anything you want so long as you have the money, that's not how I live because I have a conscience.

Do you have any idea the number of millionaires I've met and all of them would rather go out and buy a $500K car than pay their employees enough to get by? It's the exact same mentality. People need reality checks. I would (rightfully) feel like a douche if I 100% unnecessarily pissed away money I can put to good use. Everyone single one of those a-holes became furious when I wasn't impressed by their hedonism and said I don't enjoy living life like that.
    Where are the betting odds on that? I'll put my money on "$4K card to not use it and let it collect dust" over buying a 1080 Ti. It's not like there were other options for those who play over 1080p/60fps. That's a functional purpose with no alternative at the time, which isn't nearly as bad as other comparisons considering how long it lasts.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020

11. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    I would have killed it instantly too on the eBay then wait for the big navi or 3xxx series from nvidia throw in a 3900x for good measure and keep the 3ķ left overs to get a huge update in 4-5 years .

12. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Not many people know about this $4K card. Loads more people including console gamers know about the GTX1080ti. That's just the way it is.

13. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I bought the 1080ti because it gave a very good performance increase for only a slightly inflated price (at the time).
    It turned out to be the best value card I ever purchased such that I'm still using it.
    I have never used a gfx card for 3 years, especially without suffering.

My plan from the start was not to wait 1/2 yr to a year for aftermarket cards but to get the Founders Edition at launch and put an Accelero III cooler on it.
    Great plan, insta performance boost, way lower temps and ultra quiet.

This card in no way equates to the stupidly inflated price vs performance of the 2080ti.