Lian li outs their DK-05F Gaming Desktop

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    And with desktop, we mean the one you sit at and build a PC in. We're not 100% why Lian Li still fabricates them, they are insanely expensive and very cold and smudgy to work on with that tempered gl...

Lian li outs their DK-05F Gaming Desktop

2. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Always dreamt about having one of these,but price.

jura11 likes this.
  3. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Got a "gamer" tag on so they double/triple the price... I just got a normal desk for £180, and they want to charge over 10 times as much for what?

4. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    When you say normal desk,what do you mean? like an office desk or? Is it also a case like this one?

This one has lots of cool features,but i mostly would like one just because i can't make my own "Desk Case",i don't care for things like making the glass opaque or height adjustment or things like that. But thats why it costs so much though,that and no competition.

If anybody knows of any desk cases but cheaper/less feature-ish. I'm listening.

5. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    Ya , a normal desk does not have height adjustment ! but then again ... how many times you will use that feature ?
    Also , dropping 2500 on a desk is too much for some ( to be read MANY ) of us

6. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    If it goes high enough to be able to make it a standing desk that would be cool,if not i agree with you. But yea the price is too crazy anyway,the cheapest one, like dk 01 or something ,which is shitty as well,too small and all that,is too expensive also.

7. Aztec2Step

Aztec2Step Active Member

GPU:
    Pulse RX 6800
    If I was made of money, I'd buy one of these!

I have my standard office desk on wooden blocks so that it's high enough for me to use comfortably as I'm 6'6"/198cm tall.

My wife has an adjustable height sit/stand desk so can get it millimetre perfect, the lucky moo. :p

8. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Normal office type one, stuff like height adujustment is useless, it might be something you use once to get to your height then never touched again.

There is a mini desk case for £550, so thats a thing, just hard to even look at these at the price, I think case £200-300 for a good one, right, Office desk £200-300 for a good one right.... together you'd expect maybe what £600 - £1000? But no they double or triple that, most likely for what you said no competition. I mean what features beyond height adjustment does this have that a normal case wouldn;t? RGB control, my case has that, Fan controller, my case has that, USB hub, case got that If it was more resonable to the price I mentioned earlier this would be nice, but cannot recomend a price like this. Specially if any specs change and we use new standards past the ATX format and such, then it would be an over expensive desk you need a new case for

9. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    It isn't hard to make your own out of a cheap desk. Depending on your craftsmanship, maybe it won't be as elegant, but you can get it done with basic tools.

10. Margalus

Margalus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus 3060 Ti
    But then you have to buy a separate case for your computer. So now it only costs 5 times as much. It's a bargain!....:(

Ricepudding likes this.

11. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Haha,my craftmanship sucks and i don't even have the tools, wish someone would make something like this but without rgb and all , i just want it to be roomy to fit 3 360 rads and have a glass so you can see inside and be like 300-400 euros or something.

12. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
  13. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    You can install 2 PC's inside the desk.
    Also it has this electro glass top that can be made transparent or dimm with a switch.

14. Vincenzo

Vincenzo Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Radeon RX 560
    Using modular shelves in steel wire (like the old Metro line, not sure if is still in business), you can build anything you want, in any form you wanna, with several levels, isn't hard to build a better desk case (because with the Lian li model, for "open" the case you need to clean the desk, right? :D ).. But since build a desk-case don't have much sense..

ps. real desk aren't cheap