Crytek employee says Playstation 5 will win, Xbox Series X has bottlenecks

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 7, 2020.

1. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Microsoft has more hardware though :) Typical Microsoft make inefficient code and toss hardware at it. Typical Playstation make the code efficient and go as cheap as you can on hardware. Anyhow everyone arguing over this generation of consoles really should just relax. These consoles are so overpowered they literally are mid tier gaming PC's. We have never had anything near this type of power in a console. It simply won't matter they will both have great FPS.

-Tj- likes this.
  2. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    We just need great games.

3. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Consoles win by their exclusive games, not their hardware.

sof006 likes this.
  4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    And it begins

price and exclusive less so on the exclusives imo, then again histroical the winner is usual the one the comes out the gate strongest and get the developer behind it, which general lead console for development for the gen. The PS3 Outpower the Xbox360 but do to how insnanely hard it was to program for it it didnt really win and by time developer grasped how to use that power of ps3 it didnt matter. For me it simple I will never own MS console again I been with Sony since PS1 that isnt gona change. short of them doing what they said they never do again is which 600$ console I just want Sony to pull there head out there ass and stop using shitty psu that induce coilwhine and jet engine fans would also appricate they made the fan curve on system based on temp and not load that or developers need to learn to use Vsync/ FPS cap cause some game just turn jet engine sitting on just menus. I really want to take my ps4 appart and reaply the thermal paste it always been loud but now it louder., but I not will to risk put back together and find out something broke in process.

Nintendo understand power dont mater it about there games, I will ague other thing about them why I have not touch there consoles in decade or more but I not gonn open the pandora box.

5. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Yes price will play a big part if there is a gap. Parents will often opt for the cheaper one obviously.
    I have nothing against Xbox but it's just not a single one of their first-party games interest me.

6. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Regardless of these and 10,000 more just like it and 1,000,000 more in direct contradiction to any of this: I will never ever ever ever ever ever ever buy a console from Microsoft.

They are a software company.

Sony are one of the largest electronics manufacturers in the world.

My money is on Sony, purely and simply for this reason: A console is an electronics device.

But anyway, I already called it months ago: Sony will win this round, as they have every single other round since 1995. For you betting types out there, that's 25 years of winning, quarter of a century yo'.

7. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Oh, I thought Microsoft's Xbox, since 2001, was an abacus.

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    [​IMG]

9. Margalus

Margalus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus 3060 Ti
    Now where is the updated title? I just read elsewhere that the Crytek developer who supposedly said this has either retracted his statement or actually never said it. The interviewer he supposedly told this to has now pulled all references to the interview.

10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Well, It depends. When you have overblown need for shader performance, then console with higher raw power behaves better on their engine.
    When they have bad texture compression or overblown texture resolution, they'll benefit from faster storage.
    In case they made engine that constantly pulls data between CPU and GPU memory, then they can benefit from HSA.
    And so on. Each bottleneck is bottleneck only if engine demands that much.

Take any parts of HW that are used and let's have normalized console A which has performance ratio of those components as 1:1:1:1:1:1: ...
    Take console B that has ratio in comparison to that A console as 1,5:0,8:1:2:0,5:1: ...
    Then Engine that uses more of 1st parameter (1,5) will claim that console B is better. But what about engine that uses a lot of 5th parameter (0,5)? That will claim that console A is better and B has bottleneck.
    If someone claims that having 35% slower storage that is still 5 times as fast as average PC storage means bottleneck, then they are not facing reality that their game will be used to build games on PC.

KissSh0t likes this.

11. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Read the article, has been there since the beginning. Read before posting.

12. Margalus

Margalus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus 3060 Ti
    One little sentence at the end doesn't make up for the headline grabbing title.

13. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    120fps and instant resume for like 5 games has me thrilled about the xbox, might be my first console ever, im beyond sick of dealing with endless launchers & accounts & layers upon layers of bs to play games

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Prepare to subscribe to be able to play those games multiplayer..... if you like multiplayer games that is.

15. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Yeah, because having someone else make something for you makes you a manufacturer; so, I am the manufacturer of Levi 501s, by that logic? :)

C'mon, don't split this into semantics, Microsoft is a software company that gets other people to make stuff for them, because...they are not an electronics company at their core.

Bill Gates did not set out Microsoft to become the largest and greatest electronics company ever, he set out for it to the largest and greatest software company ever.

That's why he called it Microsoft and not Microelectronics.

It's in the name.

16. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    ...This is kind of a silly argument lol.

17. kieron fleming

kieron fleming Member

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti
    Sounds like a bit of cogwash and rumours I’ve heard the PlayStation 5 over heats and the speeds Sony gave aren’t sustainable.

all rumours won’t know till they’re released.

18. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I honestly don't care as long as they catch up to a PC's capabilities finally, which should give us all better looking and playing games.

19. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I have a feeling neither of these consoles will have a good exclusive for at least a year or more. I mean look at Cyberpunk2077, it's gonna be on six different consoles along with PC each with varying level of detail and performance. Console only players are basically paying for hardware upgrades at this point just like the PC, have we come full circle?

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2020