Final Fantasy VII Remake

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Sep 13, 2019.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Not that disagree with you I just curious how? seeing I never got past 20 hours in I think I might of got 2 or 3 of collections of weapons whats his face his supposed to get? I stopped playing after I meet up with lunafrya or what ever her name is in that town. there is like what 5 "DLC" that I probably never gona get around too I just think it trash and combat killed it for me, IF i wanted game with type game play I go buy that type game FF is not and never will be the type game it trying to be as of late.

Then again if think about it FF7 remake is gona me incomplete for years seeing it has 2 other parts supposedly coming and best parts arnt till after midgar so..
    no sephorioth, jenova, weapon, vincent , and countless other thing that came after midgar
    unless the to work that stuff in to midgar, which wont work to begin with.

I do look forward to see how the explain Barrets arm and what happen in upcoming part, if they dont stick in this part which would break the story seeing the story was part of plot which triggered that store in firstplace.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  2. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    If I remember correctly the first cd went on much longer than the second and third cd ?

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    cd 2 and 3 was mostly CGi movies data and copies of some data from first disc alot the FF7~9 where like that on ps1

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    How is it incomplete?

The cancelled DLC that was turned into a novella was the true ending of the game, it prevented the game from just being another hero sacrifice ending that SE has been boring gamers with lately.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    good to know I will probably never beat the main game let alone all the DLC even though I have them all.

6. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    CD1 and 2 were roughly the same length, cd3 was basically getting the ultimate weapons and fighting the final battle.

7. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
  8. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Are you guys going to play this one? I mean, I saw some reviews that I trust, and honestly mostly good news about this game. Never played a final fantasy game before, and with TLOS2 delayed, I need a good single player game :D ATM, I am playing Breakpoint with my friends, on that new immersive mode, and I really like it.

9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    This game is *fantastic* in my opinion, some 21 hours in and on chapter 13 (of 18 apparently). I am playing on Classic mode though.

It is not perfect - the variable texture quality in the hub areas where you get optional missions (some look to be sub-PS3 in quality which is really surprising) and the pop in of NPCs while traversing the busy, populated areas is disappointing - but when this game shines, which is most of the time, then it positively shines! It looks absolutely gorgeous and sounds just as good, which would all be for naught if the gameplay/combat was not up to scratch but it most definitely is. If you were annoyed by the random battles of the original game where you only saw the enemies when the combat scenario had loaded (like I was) then it is going to feel leaps and bounds above the original. This is like reading a comic then seeing it brought to life in a big-budget Hollywood CGI movie if I was to compare the original to the remake. Yes, the original game was of its time and an absolute classic but the remake is exactly what I would would have hoped from a game made on 23 years newer technology.

I cannot think of a single aspect that isn't improved on here. Everything is better from dialogue, voice over work (every single line spoken by a character in this game is voiced, including all NPCs!) to translation to the music score (oh my god, the score is so sublime so much so that I've pre-ordered the 7CD soundtrack from the Square-Enix Store), the visuals (obviously) and the gameplay. Sure, there's some filler quests and the whole Midgar section which was a few hours at most in the original is now a 40 hour game here. That said, I am enjoying every single second and love the fact that they've expanded the characters so much, giving them more personality and showing where they live, what they like and so on. It's fantastic stuff. Cloud Strife is the same loveable moody so-and-so from the original that gradually warms up and Aerith is just so adorable in this game. The game oozes emotion on so many levels but more so for the fans of the original classic.

Honestly, I cannot recommend this enough. It's coming to PC as well, right, next year? That should fix the texture issues and pop in plus allow for native 4K and 60 fps so that will almost certainly be the definitive version but then there's the awesome sounding PS5 and Xbox Series X consoles too which will easily be able to run this game better than PS4 Pro does right now (at a locked 30 fps and a dynamic 2880x1620 resolution). If you have a PS4 or PS4 Pro right now though, why wait?

10. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Never stop doing reviews Darren. I enjoy reading them.

Darren Hodgson likes this.

11. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    In the original ff7 if i remember right there was a scene where you run up a really long flight of stairs, have you come across that also does the mini soundtrack you got cover the main themes.

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    one of those memorable scene imo, I would assum that would be towards the end it better still be there, I get my copy of the deluxe verions in few days, it might be month if not years before i actual play and or beat it though, list game i have i still trying to beat is endless, it starts with skyrim and go right back to skyrim even if i start another game which just means i restart the game each time i go back and forth :(

13. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    Do you think this game will definitely come to PC? I've got a PS4 that only stays powered on for a few seconds so might try fixing that if it's not gonna appear on PC - otherwise I'll probably wait it out. Like tsunami231 I prefer the original turn based battles but will give this a shot, just hope it's not too "god of war" style crap.

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    IF you played XV it plays like that imo with slight changes, honestly IF they left turnbased alone and just add action combat system to for the new people( cause let get this straight only reason FF combat moved heavily towards Action/hacknslash type gameplay is to get new people to play) I would had no issue. Everyone i know that knows about FF7 original were all instantly pissed when they change combat, and most have not liked combat in recent FF game for this reason.

I still insulted by the "a Final Fanstasy for Fans and First-timers" its was not for fans it was for first timers, everyone I know that like and played FFXV said same thing to me, I never play FF before cause they never liked the turnbased combat and it becoming hack n slashy action based combat is only reason I playing it now. and they compared to game like GoW and DMC gameplay. and ironically they gona have long time fan of FF that stop playing/buying the series cause there turning the back on that turnbased combat. im sure there long time fans that welcome the change but I am not one them and people i know are not either. My cousin said he never played FF and never would, he then got XV and said it played like GoW and DMC type games only with party members..... he beat the game but said the game way to long for that type of game, he compared to GoW and DMC type games. something FF Franchise ISNT and should never INSPIRE to be like.

I already know i dont like combat, it moot at this point IF it was not for fact I have very fond memory of FF7 and waited 15+ years for FF7 to be redone with current graphic I would completely ignored this much like all the other FF game as of late, I might have them and that cause I got them when they were like 20$ or less but I also refuse to play them long enough to beat them, cause I cant stomach what they did to the combat.

As for PC if it does it wont happen too after exclusivity ends which some time in 2021. Seeing it come on 2 Bluray disc I sure it will bust the 155gb XV is on the PC by leaps and bounds.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  15. scaredchimp

scaredchimp Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX970 SLI
    Really liked the game, got it last week Thursday as Shopto.net delivered early, 30 hours on easy with side quests, to be faircombat was pretty decent, not true turn based, but ATB still present waiting to use items / spells / abilities.

just doing some of the endgame content, collecting more summons, getting to lvl 50 (currently lvl 35 at time of beating it)

16. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Playing the game on normal is the best way for me to enjoy it. I am loving it so far!

17. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    Not played FFXV, looks like a gay clusterfuck from what I've seen but I could be wrong. Last FF I enjoyed was X though I never finished it. I agree with FFVII Remake they should have given the option for traditional or new combat systems but unfortunately things change just not always for the better though I appreciate this depends on your viewpoint. I did try FFXIII I think it was, that one with lightning in it but combat killed it for me, think I only got about 2 - 3 hours in before I sacked it off.

I might have a go at fixing this PS4, feels a long wait until 2021 heh...

I really wish they would remake Xenogears, loved the combat system in that - turn based but you could do different combination of buttons to unleash different combos plus it had a great (dark) storyline (better than FFVII imho) though it would probably get censored to hell nowadays with all the religious stuff in it and become "Care Bear Edition - for toddlers of all ages". :confused:

18. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Still loving this game at Chapter 14 and 28+ hours of playtime so anyone worried about length need not fear.

I am playing on Classic difficulty though (which is equivalent to East with tactical options) though I have occasionally switched to Normal (the highest currently selectable difficulty though hard ones unlock once you complete the game from what I've read, including a New Game+) from time to time. Some of the battles on Normal are really tough though (for me!) but I reckon if you play on that difficulty from the off then the game could last you much longer. I am doing *all* the available side quests because I have been enjoying the game so much plus I have also done some backtracking through previously explored areas just for fun because the combat is just so damn entertaining. The game is just so rewarding to play.

serbicu likes this.
  19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    XIII is the one with lighting, combat killed me in that in I still cant bring my self to play long enough to finish it probably got to chapter 11 never got passed and there was only 2 chapters left by that point I was just forcing my self to play but XV making XIII combat look good i still cant bring my self to finish XIII and XV i never got got past the town you meet lunafrye in.

The day SQE remembers what FF gameplay combat is and returns to make FF games like that again is day I will be in heaven I been waiting since Advent Children movie to have FF games that look like that and plays like the FF1~10 games combat wise since that movie. This why I dont want Capcom to ever revive Breath of Fire they will do something just as stupid and change the combat it anothing game franchise that is turnbased rpg should stay as such. Dragon quest stay turnbased but I think that has more to do with the fact DQ is Enix and not Square Soft at the time and when the mergered Enix part of company want the combat to still be the same thing it aways has been. or at lest this what I choose to believe as way it still turnbased.

Xenogears is one those Game I have but never beat too but not cause of the combat. it just back then I really had short attention span vs now were I have long attention but that is of set by my ocd

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  20. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Only own one or two games at any one time. Or just remember to revisit ones you've played after a month or so. Works for me.