Fallout 76

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, May 30, 2018.

1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yep they were warned and even had youtube 'influencers" making videos on the hack, good game bethesda.

and honestly why would anyone play this? there china spy ware laden asset flip games that are better and less harmful than 76 has been on players.

2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    If ESVI turns out like Fallout 4 then I have really bad hopes for Starfield.

I really don't think Bethesda can handle another 2 games being as badly received as F4 and especially F76. I mean the engine they are using is so old now lara croft has been looking for it in a tomb. F4 was a watered down buggy laggy slogfest of a game, coupled with enormous fps drops in cities and towns on modern hardware. The F76 comes along and its just god awful in every possible way shape or form. A PR disaster of epic scale that we haven't seen in a long time... at least Anthem was functional and looked the part, sure it was a shallow repetitive overpriced mess that most free 2 play games put to shame (warframe!). But at least it was a functional game.... for the most part.

If ESVI is yet another watered down buggy mess like F4 was then I shall be skipping it, its a shame as ES is one of my fav franchises of all time, if Starfield is then the same I think their could be massive layoff's at Bethesda and Zenimax could slap the hammer down hard on them. Bye bye Todd.

All this debacle with Fallout I have some serious doubts about Doom Eternal as well now, I mean the Wolfenstien series is fantastic also but the latest game is not a good sign of things to come :(

cerebus23 likes this.
  3. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    This stupid `game' continues to smell and act like a poorly made mod for Fallout 4.. Which is insulting to Fallout 4 mod makers because they generally fixed, and made the game better..

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB

5. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    cerebus23 likes this.
  6. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Free 2 Play?

If not i pass.

7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    even free ill pass less its to hate review it.

8. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    people still play it ? after everything around it.. ?

asking for real here. :)

9. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    There are people who even pay the 100$ subscription (on top of buying the game originally when it came out), so yes, there are some real sycophants out there.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I'm waiting for it to go free to play to see for myself what the game is like.

11. 0458315753

0458315753 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070S
    What are the most demanding options in the game? The current version is 1.2.7.26, on my hardware with shadow distance set at medium, depth of field, motion blur and lens flare* disabled the frame rate can drop to under 40 and I experience extreme stuttering — on taxing locations you can never move the camera around without hitching.

I'll try lowering the shadow quality from ultra to high later. Is there any recent guide with comparison screenshots and performance metrics? It's extremely time-consuming to compare the graphics options since many require a restart.

* Fallout76Prefs.ini

Code:
    bLensFlare=0

12. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

I mean how dare they play what they like right?

Also I don't think you know what sycophant means.

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Hey if they don't mind paying to play a game they already paid full price to play, then more power too them I guess..... and Bethesda, they obviously found one way to squeeze blood from cold dead corpse.... may as well keep squeezing, there's is bound to be more blood.

If it's anything like 4 then it will be shadows.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    cerebus23 and AsiJu like this.
  14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Todd is the squeeze master for sure...

Yup shadow distance and quality and god rays is another.
    It's confusingly named but it actually affects all volumetric lighting. At least in FO4.

Though the biggest performance eating feature is the outdated Creation engine.
    Throw subpar netcode on top of that in 76 and you're all set for a shitshow.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  15. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

I mean $100 dollars a year for a private server is pretty cheap, And if you've got a group that plays the game a lot then i see no issue with it.

Consoles still play to play online, MMO games still charge monthly ontop of expansion buy in.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    What Bethesda forced onto players is not what was promised or even wanted by players... private world is not the same as a private server you pay to connect to, I can see in the future Bethesda shutting the servers down when there are not enough players subscribing and then the game will be dead, or maybe by then it will be shifted back into a singleplayer game, or maybe by then Private Worlds will be delivered as promised.

If someone is happy paying 100 dollars to play a video game they already paid to play, then hey who am I to judge, they have the money and Bethesda have found a target audience.

I am not that target audience, as far as I'm concerned Bethesda Game Studios has not released an actual video game since 2015, with Fallout 76 being just another quick money maker alteration of Fallout 4 while they work towards the next Elder Scrolls and Starfield.

Kolt likes this.
  17. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Subs for Xbox Live and PS+ yearly are $60, which gives you access to online features for every game on the platform, and you also get some subbed games(PS+ games you keep even if you don't sub anymore) and discounts for yearly resubscribing...The Switch is only $20, and there aren't really a whole lot of MMO's that charge monthly just to play(not counting doing a base tier and premium tier). Expansions though, that's every type of game on any platform, which not all games charge for new content either.

This is literally $100 yearly for one game, not even a server you pick the host, own the physical server, or can make modifications to the game like you can in say a comparable title being Rust....The game is also still filled with Bethesda bugs galore.

cerebus23, XP-200 and Kolt like this.
  18. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Bethesda can pay me $100 and I might try Fallout 76 then. Might.

ShadowDuke and SpajdrEX like this.
  19. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    For only 40 bucks you can now own F76 on Steam.

Oh, there is a Deluxe Edition for 60 bucks as well!

And feel free to spend more money in the Atom Store!

CalculuS, cerebus23 and Kolt like this.
  20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Serious question now guys.. and girls.. have you ever laughed so hard that you farted?

--

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
    cerebus23 likes this.