Italy lockdown ...how bad is the Coronavirus?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Facemasks in grocery shops and drug stores (although not pharmacies...) are made a law now starting from monday. If you don't have one, they're supposed to not let you in, and apparently they're bound to be given out for free by the grocery stores, until of course, they're out of supply. If I don't get one tomorrow I'll probably just sew myself two or three in some way, cutting up old tshirts and that. At least those are easily washable at 90°C

Solfaur likes this.
  2. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Also quarantine, discipline and not so much free money to journey (anywhere).

PS I saw video from China made by Russian family there, and Chinese people do as they were instructed - stay at home and wear mask. Unlike Russian people here in Moscow.

toyo likes this.
  3. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    The Chinese police didn't start welding doors shut because people were doing as instructed.
    But yes in general I think are more docile,Tiananmen Square taught them to obey.

4. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Yeah my mother made 3 pretty awesome (and ofc washable) masks out of some decent fabric she had. That's because over here there weren't any masks not even 1 month ago left... and yes, masks do help. Why the WHO advised otherwise was purely because of the shortage issues, and that medical staff should have priority.

fantaskarsef likes this.

5. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Masks don't really help in this case unless you're near other people who may be infected and even then. It's not something that will help when you go out shopping etc. In fact it could increase your chance of catching it. Fabric masks certainly will not help AT ALL.

6. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Oh god not one of those.

You think this is a hoax? You stand up and go to work and you'll end up making things worse. Why is it some people just don't get it?

Singleton99, scatman839 and XP-200 like this.
  7. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    [​IMG]

MNS: Protects other people (if you are infected). Does not protect you (from getting infected)!
    FFP2/3: Protects you (from getting infected) but does not protect other people (if you are infected).

Just to be clear...and the thing is, you should only wear them once! But with the shortage of masks and a higher cost of 3000%...yeah..

Alessio1989 likes this.
  8. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I regularly don't respond to stupid, but I do when people try to put words in my mouth. I never claimed it was a "hoax", in fact I know the leaked flu virus is real, bioengineered or not I couldn't say, but it's clearly being hyped by the mainstream media and while we focus on a few thousand deaths, our freedom and liberties are slowly being denied one by one.

9. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Well actually, I think it's less damaging to your credibility if you had just stuck with asserting it was a hoax instead of asserting as fact it is a man made virus intentionally released to disrupt the world economy. 100% Nutterville.

10. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Let's keep this civil guys. I really don't want to close this thread, but if it turns into a whole flame, conspiracy and politics thread I will.

RzrTrek likes this.

11. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    It's a tough task. I was just reading they had to increase the security for Dr. Fauci because of all the death threats he's getting. Some of this is because anyone can put out anything anywhere. Back in the day, you had to use a stamp or use something physical like a landline. Now it's just bits you can blast out in seconds.

vbetts likes this.
  12. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Here's you bear arms now hush...

[​IMG]

13. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Meanwhile in Italy the lockdown is extended to 13th of April.

THIS. Home-made cloth mask are useless on protecting you.For MNS if you wear them more than 8 hours are useless, FPP2/3 have also a limited time. If you wash them the are even more useless. Everything that is useless but gives you a false sense of security when abused is also dangerous. All please, keep the minimum distance at least of 1 meter, better 3, do not got to the grocery every day, don't take drugs without prescription, these are the most important rules to follow.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    jura11 and anticupidon like this.
  14. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Guys, local hospital is calling for us to donate blood.
    The situation is slightly getting out of hand, there is STILL need for blood supply.
    But many, many stay at home fearing the worst.
    What would you do?

jura11 likes this.
  15. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Best solution would be a blood donation bus or something setting up shop in a big open space.

16. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aren't the hospital secured for blood donors in Spain? We had the same issue in Italy ad the beginning of the lockdown, but after a couple of public appeals they said they solved it..

17. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    I guess no, they are somehow at a risk level, so I've heard. I am a donor, but seeing how clumsy and stupid they acted in all fronts I almost decided against. I've dodged a bullet already, not wise to tempt fate.

18. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    The experts seem to disagree though. They are about to advise the Nation here to wear masks when in public, even home-made ones. The data seems to indicate a population wearing masks reduces spread. Some also seem to think even a basic face covering gives you as much as 70% protection. Can't hurt, can it?

I would be careful claiming things that are utterly harmless to the user are "useless" when experts say otherwise and at best, some disagree. Especially considering the stakes. Anything we can do to slow the death machine. It's horrific.

Solfaur likes this.
  19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  20. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WHO, my national healthcare system, scientists and MDs say what I wrote. Cloth mask are simply palliative and anyway you need to change them often, doesn't matter the type.
    If you wash them or heat up them you risk to deteriorate the tissue if they are not meant to do it, best way to sterilize them are UV rays. Best things to do is go to the supermarket/grocery shop as less as possible and maintain a distant of at least of 1 meter from other people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.