Imagine if this lock down happened without the internet.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Firepac, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Firepac

Firepac Guest

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 680GTX 4GB
    If the internet all of the sudden stopped working now suicides rates would go through the roof.

2. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    Read more books, I have at least 200-300 books I bought and never got to read. Been in this situation before, while recuperating from illness, was maybe a month-two being stuck in home, read a lot, watched a lot of TV too, and mostly stood in bed.
    The net is great, not having is quite annoying, but it's definitely survivable. You don't have to be that old to remember life without Internet, I'm 40-ish and my first 2 decades of life the net was too pricey where I live and when I needed something, I had to go to the net cafe and download, and back home. Not to mention that before that, we learned programming in schools on ZX Spectrum and Amstrad clones, and having a Commodore 64 at home and later an Amiga was a luxury. The truly rich would have PCs, some with dial up, parents fighting with children over the phone line etc. Good 80286-486, pre-Pentium era.
    Great times. With far more reading and going outside to play and do sports. Healthier, saner.

3. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    If that is the lifeline. Oh boy. Things are bad.

4. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    That reminds me of how moronic my country (NL) can be...our LIFELINE supporting people who contemplate suicide is advertised as 113 Zelfmoordpreventie, except that that isn't the fricking number because 113 is reserved for a potential EU blanket alarm code. The actual number is 0900-0113. So people have steadily committed suicide over the years because they couldn't reach 113. Phone providers haven't even put in place a simple reroute to the actual number or anything. True story.

5. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    There are no hope for some milenials,they dont know how to enjoy life,other than iphones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

dark_surge, fantaskarsef and Texter like this.
  6. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    If this was the early 90's I'd be playing an SNES all day long.

Nowadays? I live out in the country so I've been trying to walk for at least an hour a day. Early 90's me would have probably done the same.