Borderlands 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scaredchimp, Mar 27, 2019.

1. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    You can replay mission after you've done with the story yes, unfortunately that means you have to reset the progress but only under true vault hunt mode.

Unless the mission is defined as repeatable(Like circle of Slaughter or the takedown event).

2. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    @AsiJu
    You don't need to replay a mission to farm a boss. If you want to farm Graveward, just open the map, then Eden 6, then travel to The floating Tomb.
    You will spawn at the entrance of the arena where you fought Graveward. Just enter and he will be there for you to fight again. When the battle is over, quit to menu, then enter again.

BTW, currently there is a special event going on. All vendors are selling legendary weapons. This is a much easier and faster way to get that one item.

3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I see, but that means I'd need to remember where each boss is.

Also Zer0 had to cut open the door to Gigamind's arena, not sure if it remains open though.
    The door was an obvious "progress preventer" because I explored that area previously / before starting Hostile Takeover.

4. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Yes, you can go back to Gigamind anytime you wish.
    He's a great way to farm.

AsiJu likes this.

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Okay, good to know.

Actually that's convenient thinking about it, being able to farm bosses without replaying entire missions.

6. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Pity game does not support dsr, like the older versions

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Don't be silly, why would a new video game have features a previous video game had?

Now if they sold it separately at a price you couldn't refuse....

8. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    One could hope

9. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Guys how is the game performing?

10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Bit of stage fright but with experience it goes away.

Game runs between 100 ... 120 fps at 1080p in DX12 mode with settings on High, except Volumetric Fog at Medium and Texture Streaming and Shadow quality at Ultra, for me

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    U should hear my cpu cooler in this game, lol so so loud

AsiJu likes this.
  12. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Both DLC works much better than the base game, but it all depends.

Most of the base game works better under DX11, Eden6 planet works better under DX12.

To those who finished the second DLC, do all the side missions, it's very interesting and not so borderlands type.

13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Do you mean DLCs are more fun to play or do they actually run better than base game?

14. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Actually both.

I find the gameplay of the Moxxi DLC especially to be better than vanilla gameplay.

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Got the Hellshock from Gigamind, though it was lvl 12 as that's bosses level I think, until you reach end game and do Mayhem mode.

Regardless Hellshock melts shields and then just switch to incendiary and finish, very nice.

Having said that I don't like the charge up delay and in general I find myself using Dahl and Jakobs weapons almost exclusively due to their straightforward nature. They feel good to fire.

Also "upgraded" my Night Hawkin to a more contemporary one, heh.

The OP shotgun-rifle I mentioned earlier was the Sickle legendary AR and it is indeed so OP I've stopped using it temporarily, it trivialises combat as it one shots almost everything.
    Granted I lucked out and got the two-shot roll as well so it does double damage.

Stacking that with Siren's Personal Space that I actually have at 5/3 due to class mod (=up to 60 % damage bonus) and Arms Deal for increased splash damage is well, something... :D

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020

16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Im using the 8 magazine one, takes 2 or 3 shots to kill very nice shotgun and not too op

17. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yeah well obviously being a lvl 12 gun it becomes less OP all the time and ofc it doesn't one-shot heavies but I could kill lvl 15 Demoskraggons with 3 or 4 shots with the Sickle...

Sure it's great for farming but I replaced it with a Jakobs shotgun for the time being.
    Having the Sickle equipped makes other weapons redundant as long as you can get close to enemies.

On the other hand it's refreshing that you want to switch to a WEAKER weapon on purpose on a looter shooter.

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    The performance is not good when many enemies are fighting u, gearbox should have fixed this, the only game to drop fps and not really that advanced graphically, unoptimized game...

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Are you running DX11 or DX12?

20. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Gearbox should've done a lot of things.
    Specially with recent news, they should've paid their staff decent wages. Not shafted them out of promised bonuses... and Randy shouldn't have gotten a 12 million bonus just "because"...

Personally, Borderlands success was the worst thing that's happened to GBX.
    Since it blew up and became so massive, GBX... as a studio... became lazy. I may have said this here before, I'm not sure... my memory is not always the best.
    But, before BL they seemed to try harder, to take more risks.
    But, once BL became a safe bet, a safe way to make money... it seems they dialed it in. Canceled or answer with the constant "It's being worked on" responses to all other IPs they own.

Borderlands success stifled the studio, instead of bolstering it. Which is sad, it's never good to see a promising studio go backwards. And, after the BiA series, and their work on Half-Life's expansions, I had solid hope for them.
    But now, BiA is all but dead.
    Instead of trying something new, they tried Borderlands in a mode/fps model... and it failed, so they cut ties. Farmed out Aliens to a studio that wasn't prepared or equipped to properly handle it. And... as Scott Miller has said, he was under the understanding that GBX was going to put about 20 or so guys on DNF to polish it up, fix existing issues and bring the game to where it needed to be. Instead, they did nothing.

Some of the best things to come from GBX lately... haven't even been made by GBX. Only published by them. Made by other, passionate developers.
    Again, it's sad. Years ago, GBX was a studio I was excited to follow. These days, I've all but turned a blind eye to them.