Nvidia 450.56 dx12 ultimate drivers?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Krzyslaw, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i hope ultimate titles begin happening immediately.

Death to prebaked shadows!

2. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Are you aware your current card (1080Ti) won't be able to run them (at all)? :)
    Now I could feel "smart" for picking an RTX2060 over a GTX1660-something. If, for some reason, I won't (be able to or willing to) upgrade for some 3-6 years, I will still be able to launch those games and run them at Low settings with ~30fps (assuming nVidia won't drop driver support for Turing sooner for whatever reason [unlikely though]). :D

3. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Does it really matter though? At the end, these are just arbitrary numbers (not even necessarily monotonic upticks when it comes to preview versions). They can always bump the version number up for no real reason (after very few and small changes) and they could keep the main version number the same even after huge changes (if they wish). We shouldn't read too much into it. From what we can deduce from public preview content, 450 is the working series for WDDM 2.7 and DX 12 "ultimate" testing nowadays which belong to Win 20H1 testing. That's all. Looking at the compilation date can tell you more than the version number when it comes to preview versions (like right now, 442.74 contains more recent fixes which are not part of 450.12).

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

Are you aware pc is upgradeable.

5. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Yes, but wishing a forced (any but let alone financial) decision upon yourself seems to be a little paradoxical. I thought my second paragraph made this clear ("what if I can't upgrade for a long time for some yet unknown reason").
    You probably know we seem to be dancing on the edge of a full blown financial crisis and economic depression (potentially spanning this entire decade until real and full recovery) and price volatility so far unprecedented in our lifetimes (so it will be hard to profit from the general harm, shall it ensue, no matter what you planned, no matter what you think you might learned from 2008 data, "black swan" is unpredictable... average skills won't even save you, let alone elevate you...). Lots of people will face the truth that they have been essentially useless (or even slightly harmful) and were only made to feel useful by the zeitgeist which is shifting around them. I think all businesses will try to factor this into their decisions. And dropping backwards compatibility to favor a small fraction of the potential users would hardly fly in euphoric times (and now it's uncertain times).

6. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    The zeitgeist is cyclic. I can recall when the lean times came in the early 2000s. There was an entire group of engineers, over 30, who had just gradually came into existence as a 'data group'. Essentially, each of them had a small product portfolio and assembly house to deal with. They basically did nothing unless their data was flagged with, for example a drop in yield. That would then trigger said engineer to contact the manager and inform him. That was the extent of his input. The manager then had another engineering group for manufacturing. Too make a long story short, Ron, our data guru and I, took about 3 days to take all the separate data and come up with an SQL data base. It wasn't really that difficult. The data was already in varying machine formats. After a week or so of debugging, we presented the manager with a fully searchable interface that had every product and every parameter available for it updating in real time as the machines (wafer inker for example) spit the data out on the network. 3 months later, 30 less engineers. I think I felt better about it that I didn't get a raise.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i said i want prebaked shadows dead asap, even without RT there is alternatives.

8. peppercute

peppercute Guest

GPU:
    Msi 2080Ti TRIO
    no.

9. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    Its pretty common for games to have multiple rendering paths depending on hardware features, if there is a real improvement to be gotten from doing so. This is especially true if support for this arrives through the major rendering engines (UE4, Unity, ...)

You could say the same about DXR, really. Sure, emulation can run it on any card, but its so slow that its pointless. So instead, games support DXR optionally.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    lol, you mean user @ nvidia forums.

btw he's astyanax here.

11. Pinstripe

Pinstripe Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7700 XT
    People fail to read:

https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/announcing-directx-12-ultimate/

There can be Ultimate titles immediately, but they build on top of DX12_1. Next-Gen games will still run on non-Ultimate compatible hardware, just with less performance and/or bells & whistles.

12. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    It's not confusing. You keep conflating the insider track drivers with the standard or released version of Windows 10 drivers. If you'd stop spamming every driver thread with your OCD over this, that would be great.

SyntaX, Sajittarius and -Tj- like this.
  13. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    450.12 ran nicely for me (WDDM 2.7 seemed good), the only reason i stopped insider builds was games with Battleye/EAC would complain or not run, lol

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    ;)

450.56 will potentially not see the light of day, Microsoft's Claire Andrews is coordinating with Nvidia to get a public release of 450, and it likely won't be until DXR Tier 1.1 is ready.

[​IMG]

NV QA is also working from home now thanks to COVID, leading to logistics issues with things.

@Koul2020 you need to chillax, the driver isn't going to be the second coming of christ or anything.

15. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Why do we have multiple driver fans now in this forum :rolleyes:

Since when did driver versions have fans... Can we get deep voice movie trailer guy to do a trailer release of the 450.xx driver when it comes out.

"In the not too distant future... nVidia (green explosions everywhere) will release the revolutionary driver that will give you the same performance and better game optimisations"

From the makers of 445.75 and its hotfix 445.78 which came out two days later... Comes a NEW driver.

"One that will likely need a hotfix too, but that's not important"

"GEEE --- FORCE --- FOUR FIVE ZERO --- DOT --- FIVE SIX".

"Released APRIL 15th"

(Date subject to change due to coronavirus, and because I just made it up).

EugeneJackKhoros and janos666 like this.

16. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    What's the point of waiting if there is no new control panel, lol.

17. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    Stil with 450.12 here and so far so good.)

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    nobody wants one.

Archvile82, DaRkL3AD3R and artina90 like this.
  19. artina90

artina90 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    How are DX12 games on your system?
    DX11 performance was amazing but I had memory leak problems and stuttering in DX12 titles, I had to revert to the standard drivers.

20. ChaosHusky

ChaosHusky Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti, 970
    I have Insider 2004 with 450.12 drivers, so thought i'd chime in.. Despite being able to set it on most things in the control panel (Low Latency mode) i wanted to try the new hardware accelerated scheduling.. It works fine for me here, though i have a now quite old 1080Ti it has improved many things, though i didn't get too many stutter problems before i now get none. Battleye appears to have been updated to work, or at least it does for me. But i can't say i play any games that use it at the moment anyway! This combined with dedicated SSD + HDD RAID array seems to have even helped load times a little more. Modern Warfare starts up in a handful of seconds and that's from a 2x2TB RAID 0 array.. The only 'problem' i've had so far is Legion TD 2 has had a couple of not responding crashes (one was before i had Insider preview and the test drivers anyway) and the other forgetting to turn my card power down when i wasn't folding and got a GPU driver crash (oops..) as i had all case fans in quiet mode. Modern Warfare is still tetchy in the menus at 4K but once in-game is running amazingly well. Forza Horizon 4 has also improved, though this didn't stutter much anyway. Some of it can be caused by a lot of background stuff running i tend to disable if i feel i need to though. Haven't done that for a while either actually, doesn't seem i have to with this Insider build and insider driver fork.. The only main "problem" i have is having to use nVidia Inspector with MDPS as i have multiple screens, but that's nothing to do with Windows or drivers! I wish they would fix the clock issue.. Plus since getting a new monitor that supports 4K and uses DisplayPort, if i have anything set under the 'Video' area of MDPS to increase clocks, it goes crazy and all screens display the same garbage.. (Did that before on 1909 with dodgy hotfix and WHQL drivers) At lower or full clock things are fine though, so i don't think my card is faulty! Haha..

Anyway, long story short for those that see this as tl;dr, even games such as Starcraft II and Warcraft III Reforged, Hitman 2, Lost Ember, Planet Zoo, NFS Heat, Dangerous Driving and Forza MS 6/Horizon 3 and 4 work well or better, even PS3 and Xbox 360 emulation speed has been improved, especially RPCS3 via Vulkan and Xenia via DX12! Folding@Home work units are unaffected and have even seen a little speedboost, but that could be unrelated to the driver and/or windows insider build! Just wish i didn't have to work around the annoying clock issues with 3 monitors + TV attached!