AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.3.1 driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Meccs

Meccs Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 480 GAMING X 8G
    @JTJones71
    I suddenly have the same issues with my Vega that I thought only Navi users had, sudden blue screens (my first in like years) and black screens. I don't know what's going on. In case of black screens I can still hear sound (dis- and re-connecting USB drive) so it's not a system crash if it goes black.

Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5e713cb8
    Faulting module name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5e713cb8
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000412917
    Faulting process id: 0x2e3c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d604dbeaf92930
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftware.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftware.exe
    Report Id: 970a4290-7563-474d-8647-fa300216709f
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

2. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX

In Wattman - Lock at P1 power state as minimum, 852MHz / 810 mV and see if it helps. Also make sure you are up to date (BIOS, drivers incl. chipset etc.).
    P.S. This is only a workaround for black screens, BSOD indicates some other problems/instabilities.

3. Montville

Montville Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 7900XT
    Latest Ryzen chipset driver?
    since ever never been fixed "full throttle" issue - constantly @ 3700mhz on idle ... see attachment!..switching to Win10 Balanced.. speed idles @2200 which is normal for this CPU.

SoHo from me..

Attached Files:

4. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Basic understanding on how the internal power management works in RyZEN CPUs is lacking here.
    You think that idling at 2200 is actually good for your system responsibility? Or maybe good for the power usage?
    Let me tell you that this is by design and what is flawed is the windows standard power profiles (including balanced). Including nearly all the monitoring software that forces the CPUs to wake up.
    P.S. Power profiles are getting better in latest 1909 + updates but still a far cry from perfect. That is why I even started to use 1usmus custom power profiles --- for me even better that AMDs tuned ZEN power profile.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020

5. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Man, it's a "bug" of all 3rd party monitoring SW :rolleyes: Issue is NOT on AMD side.

Use Ryzen Master for monitoring

PrEzi likes this.
  6. exmodel

exmodel Member

GPU:
    MSI RX570 8GB
    With these drivers it takes like 5 seconds to switch to fullscreen applications
    Something is really screwy with fullscreen scaling in general with this driver. Switching to fullscreen or alt-tabbing out of fullscreen causes like 5+ seconds of lag and I've had other weird things happen like the game's resolution changing when I tab back in.

7. Lipici

Lipici Member

GPU:
    Lol, watching a 4 k video on youtube its not possible. Clocks are blocked at 300/300. Maybe because acceleration is turned off in browser ?

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Since we are at lockdown i've been playing games more than ever. This is a great and stable driver for the rx580 and Polaris.

Almost finished Doom Eternal and next to it playing Control Foundation and some Star Citizen. Not a single issue and performance is best as been on this card.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    ^^ yup it's fine :D

10. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Dual RX 6650XT
    Hey guys, I'm having this issue:
    https://imgur.com/12ee9220-eff1-4ca6-9c7a-e31f7b2683c6

Tried multiple drivers, same thing. I always uninstall with DDU first, then install new drivers. Currently I'm on win 10 2004, but this was on 1909 too. Tried enabling DirectPlay from programs and features (it was disabled), but it did not help at all. Can someone help? Don't wanna reinstall windows as I have some important school related stuff that I can't afford to move now and reinstall some programs I need for that.

EDIT: Don't know why the picture won't be shown here.
    Anyway, problem is that in dxdiag I have DirectDraw Acceleration Disabled, and both Direct3D and AGP Texture Accelerations are not available. Can't turn them back on no matter what I try.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    dxdiag has no control over any of those things under Win10.

reinstall windows.

12. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Dual RX 6650XT
    Like I've said, can't right now.

Anyone, if there is some sort of workaround, please DM me. Thank you, and stay safe. :)

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Some streamed or cut down version of Windows 10 or the variants lacking certain stuff like Media Player or a browser? (Though that should only be for a few default Windows codecs.)

DirectX runtime wouldn't affect this and stuff like the D3D diagnostic tools for optional features shouldn't matter either.
    With a 270X you also have the option to try earlier drivers and see if that helps assuming the OS itself isn't having some issues, I would go back a bit so maybe the 2018 drivers and then if that works go into 2019 installing the driver and checking DXDiag until it stops working then DDU to clean it out and install the last driver it worked on assuming of course this is the problem and it's not something else. :)

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-18-12-1
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-6-1

Year month driver just change the numbers a bit starting with a earlier driver as the GPU has a few years to it but not too old for Windows 10 and all that so 2017/2018 and on and if that works move forward until it breaks and back one or two drivers where it works.

EDIT: 270X from 2013 so newer drivers might play part though Windows 10 2004/20H1 is still a work in progress too but the latest update (Slow ring, not release preview.) and it shouldn't be too critical for mostly normal usage situations and day to day activity on the system.

srdjan1995 likes this.
  14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Hmm actually maybe check the registry first, reboot and see if that works. :)
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/disable-directx-features-acceleration-windows-vista-7.331613/

Of course a dirty registry would be cause for additional questions and concerns for what else is problematic and a clean install definitively a recommendation when possible and convenient to do. :)
    (Check the registry, zero the keys value if available though don't carelessly start deleting these outright and then check DXDiag on reboot.)

srdjan1995 likes this.
  15. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Dual RX 6650XT
    Will try that, thanks. And it's actually an RX 580, and same thing was on 1909 build. I went to 2004 (slow ring) just to see if it'll fix the problem (at least I hoped so).

16. elaganza

elaganza Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire r9 380
    is there any way to get old control panel on that series of Adrenalin? Just have tried new series and control panel is awful and there is no choice to refuse of installing bunch of garbage from AMD.

olymind1 likes this.
  17. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Huh?

the old panel was ugly as hell,, go back to pre adrenaline 2020 drivers if you want that

18. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    go to nvidia, they are using a panel from 1990 if you want that

19. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Only way is go back to good old 19.12.1 driver.Or install just driver from Device Manager(extract Adrenalin with 7zip) and after that install old CNext.exe 19.12.1-3(dont know if work for new Adrenalin 2020) .

elaganza likes this.
  20. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
    Chill guys, I liked the aesthetics of both the old and new UI but I think many can agree the current one is (putting bloat aside) just very clunky and illogical in most ways, you can get used to it after using it for a bit but it’s all still rather unintuitive.

olymind1, elaganza and LocoDiceGR like this.