AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.3.1 driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 19, 2020.

1. FR4GGL3

FR4GGL3 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Hi everybody. I read in this Forums since I don't know when...
    Now I decided to register.

All I wanted to say, and I already reported this to AMD, is that the 20.3.1 Drivers give me issues on the Integer Scaling. As soon as I switch on the Integer Scaling, the Picture Scaling gets nuts.
    Fullscreen Scaling doesn't work and also Aspect Ratio doesn't work properly. The Image stays small and hangs on the upper Edge of the Screen. 20.2.2 didn't have this issue.

You can see it in 3D Mark if you fix the Resolution of 3D Mark to 1920x1080 (as long as this isn't the native Resolution of your Screen of course). You can even see this at your Desktop. Simply try a Resolution of 1600x1200 (I own a 2560x1440 Samsung C32HG70 LCD).

It must be something in the way Integer Scalings work together with the GPU Scaling. Because if there is a tool that scales the Picture (like DGVoodoo which I use to Scale Comanche Gold to 1600x1200) there is no Problem at all.

Oh, and I have Issues on Battlefield 5 ingame Videos. As long as Freesync is active, the videos stutter at ~52 fps. As soon as I deactivate Freesync, the Videos play nice and stutterfree at over 70 fps. Things get even worse as soon as I switch to HDR. Then I get Graphical Corruption at the Videos (douple Pictures, colored flashes). But I have that since 20.1.x (I don't remember exactly).

pakoo likes this.
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It is not.

My source is Microsoft / DirectX discord.

it does not reset the driver.

It just forces a modeset, no aspect of the graphics stack is reset.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  3. coto37

coto37 Guest

GPU:
    vega 56
    Hello,

Quick question. Is it worh updating my Sapphire pulse Vega 56 drivers from 19.10.2 to the new adrenalin 20.3.1?

Thanks.

4. pakoo

pakoo Member Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Red Devil EL
    pro evolution soccer 2020 make my system freezes and crashes with the lastest drivers, only this game.

5700 XT and 1440p 144hz monitor.

5. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    I found a bug rx580
    Heroes of the storm full screen+ v sync 60 fps monitor.
    1) restart your machine
    2) go in the game
    3) in game push ctrl+alt+f (it shows the fps)
    4) at selection screen hover the mouse over the character you want to pick.
    The fps drop below 40.
    5)now alt+tab and go again in the character you want to pick. the fps will be 60 until you restart.

If the radeon image is enabled this bug dont exist.
    It also dont exist in window mode.

6. Halfmead

Halfmead Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte 2070 Super
    Seems good, pc been running almost 24 hours with no BS or freezes.

STILL no fix or the 75/144Hz 'bug' , if using monitors native 75Hz mode the memory clock is ramped to max even if idle (and yes, it can be fixed by making custom resolution, but at the cost of bit-depth decrease by driver)
    And still not possible to decrease fanspeed below 33%

7. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    My fan speed sits at 26% but you can use morepowertool to enable zero fan so fan is off under 59c and starts at 60c

8. Halfmead

Halfmead Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte 2070 Super
    I do not use the zero fan option ever :) i just would like to have the option of setting my fanspeed as i like, inside radeon :) it is no big thing ofc, but would be nice if 20% was lowest.

9. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    MorePower Tool under the fan tab adjust PWM Minimum from 33 to 30. You could try even lower, but go down one at a time.

Passus and JonasBeckman like this.
  10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Thought the drivers now enforced the bios settings at least for this or overall idle speeds though if it's the software it might be possible to override the value instead of using what is often very conservative bios defaults from 20 - 30% or even using zero fan up until the GPU registers activity or hits a temperature range of 55 - 65 degrees Celsius which leads to a higher overall idle GPU temperature but also a somewhat higher temperature in the case itself as the GPU generates additional heat but the fan either isn't active or is only spinning at a low cycle dissipating very little of it.

Would like a override or P state for controlling idle behavior like before 2020 but overall the active fan behavior is better and doesn't boost and then drop down leading to frequent near max speeds and resulting fan whine or noise before settling to actual speeds although that also makes some adjustment of the fan curve needed to avoid the card hitting higher temps which would otherwise affect the boost behavior well unless the GPU is downclocked or downvolted that is which also factors in.
    (Together with overall binning or "quality" of sorts where some only need a little extra voltage others require a fair bit depending on targeted GPU clock speeds and what it actually is able to achieve.)

Doom Eternal worked really well after playing through that game, Ghost Recon Breakpoint whether D3D11, D3D11->DXVK or now also Vulkan (VLK) however is pretty unstable although the recent patch broke a lot of things and more updates and fixes were promised "Over the next few TU's" so it's a waiting game before hoping to wrap that one up it seems oh well. :D

Rest of it's mostly clearing the earlier games in the backlog before getting into anything new so there's not much to say about D3D9 and if D3D11 causes issues DXVK so far seems capable of working around it so that's pretty nifty.

EDIT: For Breakpoint the driver or game perhaps more so is stable for just around two hours and performance also gradually decreases which is a known issue so I suspect some resource leakage but I haven't done any further checking, D3D12 and Vulkan can be more sensitive to this and DOOM has some AMD extension for over committing memory whereas say Monster Hunter World with the texture pack is fairly prone to crash and will even warn if the settings get close to the VRAM limit. (Happens already at 2560x1440 without lowering it down or just disabling that texture pack.)

Nothing serious or anything just a thing, VLK itself in this game brings a lot over the D3D11 implementation and even NVIDIA sees gains even if their driver is a bit less bound by the CPU performance. :)

Well so does DOOM Eternal I guess, even with the lower detail and complexity of the levels (Not to that there isn't anything at all though.) the game just is really optimized hitting very high framerate figures consistently long as memory isn't a issue though it tries to compensate but 8 GB is definitively recommended on the higher settings at least those that push memory usage up. :D
    (Vega particularly the Radeon VII probably excel for this game showing what the card is really capable of when not limited by other things.)

EDIT: Ah and now I see, changing how fast the fan reacts not what I was thinking of yeah that should work within how the newer Adrenaline 2020 drivers behave that could be a nice little workaround too. Neat!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020

11. gabsvm

gabsvm Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8gb
    Anyone playing Warzone with this version? Are good enough or better stay at 19.11.3? RX 580 over here.

12. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Not play Warzone,but 20.1.3 its good.
    Did you try 20.2.2 WHQL?Its also a good driver.

13. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Dual RX 6650XT
    Warzone crashing for me here almost always. Tried everything, different drivers, borderless windowed, lowering all to low, resolution too, underclocking gpu, none helped. Always getting dev error 6068 (directx error). Sapphire Pulse RX 580 4GB here.

14. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    It is a trick that even worked before Adrenaline 2020. On my 5700XT setting PWM to 30 brought idle fan speed down to 630 RPM from its default of 1100 RPM. I also turn off zero fan using MPT.

JonasBeckman likes this.
  15. Strange Times

Strange Times Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6600 XT
    one driver per month? perfect

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Wouldn't mind some more hotfixes but a well tested (Vanguard AMD user involved closed beta testing sort-of.) driver once a month also works usually the "Game Ready" or "GPU Open" monikers mean little though with Vulkan and D3D12 certain bits do have to work well or the software won't work at all.

Bit of a different view on it from my end though perhaps, bug fixes and stability as the primary driver upgrade reason with the 4 - 6% performance diff (Unless stuff is broken either game/app or driver side which happens.) well it's nice but not critical and for supported titles key enhancements usually lands well in advance though final driver tweaks and profile names and such can be part of the launch driver. :)

Suppose the decline of multi-GPU usage has also seen profile importance lessen somewhat but features like boost and sharpen need some tuning on occasion and maybe for the April driver we'll see how WDDM 2.7 and GPU hardware scheduling will work out for AMD's benefit? (Unlikely as it is a focus on gradual improvements to the D3D11 driver and performance would be nice too but I think I've heard the CPU overhead has gotten better even if it's still a major factor including for RDNA1.x GPU models.)

EDIT: Suppose the ReShade Vulkan driver issue and a few other quirks and extension issues are still open too but maybe not outright critical, might be some resistance(?) from AMD in supporting or fixing these too if it affects performance negatively but that's purely speculative on my end.

EDIT: Well the "ReShade Vulkan issue." is a general Vulkan issue in the driver as such but it affects and was pretty well documented in ReShade, not sure what other low-level API issues AMD or NVIDIA has but there's probably some for either vendor plus Intel too.
    https://github.com/crosire/reshade/commit/927abfe3e50e60c4b426f88053bfc881f31fdce7

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  17. Lipici

Lipici Member

GPU:
    I think first version of 20.2.2 ,the beta driver dosent have this bug. Ive seen the performace loss on watchdogs with reshade only after i updated to 20.3.1

18. JTJones71

JTJones71 Guest

GPU:
    XFX RX 570 8GB
    Anybody else having random black screen system crashes with this new one. Never had a single problem with 20.2.2. Using an Asrock Fatality B450 Gaming K4 Mobo, Ryzen 2600, RX 570 8GB, 16GB or Teamforce Memory. Radeonsoftware.exe will randomly crash and my screens go black and all my fans jump to 100%, I don't hear any sound or anything in the background so it seems like a full system crash or panic. I'm using Bios version 3.20 since I'm using a Pinnacle cpu, I wonder if updating to 3.40 would help, or trying to update to the new chipset drivers. Kind of at a loss, I guess I'll stick with 20.2.2 for now. I didn't do a clean install the first time, and it immediately crashed after installation, and as soon as I would reboot. Did a clean install, and it seemed ok for about a day. Now am getting random crashes. Sometimes just sitting at the desktop, sometimes when I try to start a game or app. Crash log if it helps.

Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5e713cb8
    Faulting module name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5e713cb8
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000412917
    Faulting process id: 0x27b8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d60438617a270f
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftware.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftware.exe
    Report Id: 1c11c90a-2f97-46fd-8e43-d004cfd6ca8a
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

19. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    First, update the Chipset drivers. They are primordial for a stable system.
    And, you should try updating the BIOS to 3.40 which it does support your CPU.

20. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Yep, install latest chipset drivers