Resident Evil 3 Remake gets Game Plus mode and 5hr campaign

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Error8

Error8 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 2080 Supe
    Only 5 hours long campaign? That's truly disappointing.

3. hijodeosiris

hijodeosiris Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT
    More like 15 minutes, just wait for speedrunners. Pretty sure is gonna be somehow plagued of unnecesary puzzles that makes you go from point A to B which are at opposite sides of the city and in the way back to get / do something you face nemesis / special zombies well and AKCHTUALLY you do not need to even fight them just dodge, run, move to the next puzzle.

Do not get me wrong, I was a child when I saw this beauty being played by my big brother and I just simply had my teeth clacking like crazy by the amount of scared that crap induced me, the only other game that has ever made me felt the same way was Dead Space (1); I just simply cannot recall anything good lately coming from a reboot, hope to be wrong since I have not played any other RE game after RE5 and that was just borderline stupid COD style game, not anymore scary and frack those quick time events, so damn annoying.

4. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    5hours is quite short but wasnt the original like that also? That 5h is likely for one character and excluding extras. I dont think that there is a point of doing remake if you cut most of the content away.

5. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    At least it's not like RE4/RE5/RE6 - just action, shooting, and quick time events all the time.
    When exploring it should be longer than 5h, also Game Plus Mode sounds cool!

6. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=7719
    well all remake basically same game with updated graphic, same like the rest afaik

they probably better said remaster instead remake
    but so far remaster more like same-asset in HD resolution
    remake = every parts in game replaced with new asset + upgrade to new engine
    the "true" remake so far probably FF7

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    They dropped the ball on this one. There is clear visual downgrade, lack of dismemberment, short sp it seems and nemesis just looks weird.

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    £50 for 5hrs!, no thanks.

9. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I am in this group,no frigging way I would pay that much.Time to break out VPN,hello Argentina.

10. fredgml7

fredgml7 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 7600
    I don't know about this game yet, but I rather pay and play PSone's RE1 (3h long) than a modern Call of Duty (campaign mode).

11. JOHN30011887

JOHN30011887 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070Ti
    Well looks like this game aint on my list for now then, 5 hours is too short for that money, graphics look great and what not but 5 hours, yeah i'll pass till its cheaper or more info comes out about that length of campaign

12. Mi3kC

Mi3kC Member

GPU:
    3080ti / 12 gig
    RE2 Remake takes about 1 hours per campaign especially after you are familiar with the map. It still didn't stop my son and I from trying to beat our times over and over. The first play through was about 10 hours on one campaign. There was nothing but praise for a 4 hour game that has received 30+ hours of gameplay.

I am very excited for RE3 remake!

13. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    £10 an hour, seems legit. NOT.

MegaFalloutFan likes this.
  14. Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33 Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4070
    Without meaning to sound pratronising, i wonder if people complaining about the 5 hour length have played a Resident Evil game before Resident Evil 4 before. They're always been around 5 hours, with their longevity being the fact that they're so replayable on a whim due to said length. Resident Evil 2 needed to be completed a miminum of 4 times.

fredgml7 likes this.
  15. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    Not everyone is like you, I only play games ONCE, usually once in a lifetime and move one.
    I cant play same game I already played, its not fan to see things I already saw before and experience same story twice.
    I also dont watch movies/tv twice

16. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    I have different memory from RE, When I played the first one,way back when it came out it took me days.
    New RE games are much longer too.

17. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    They are 5 hours if you know what you are doing and run thru things. When RE 1 was released i did not have internet and therefor did not have access to a guide. It took me a good 20 hours to finish the game over multiple days. Died multiple time trying to figure out where to go. Had lot of fun. A lot of games are very short if you know where to go and just run thru mobs. But what's the fun? I'd rather kill the zombies than just run. Killing Zombies is one of the few things that doesn't get old.

18. Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33 Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4070
    I'm the same with almost everything else. But Resident Evil is different, they're designed to be replayed. That's why they're short, that's why it's 5 hours.

People who took 20 hours to complete Resident Evil 1 will probably take 20 hours to complete this too. Shouldn't take the numbers too literally.

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I'm the same as MegaFalloutFan, don't rewatch or replay anytihing unless there is at least a decade between those times and i'm playing something "upgraded"

I've still not played RE1 or 2 remake but it will be curious how long they take me. I can't remember how long it took back in the 90s but it felt like the biggest part of a week.

MegaFalloutFan likes this.
  20. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    Same thing, I replayed maybe 10 games and im 40, and also took decades in between, it has to be a REALLY good game for me to replay or be a complete Remake: Mass Effect 1-3 [Moded, UHD textures, Models, Gamepad on PC etc], Dragon Age Origins [same game with light mods], Fallout 3 and FNV [Heavily Modded], TLOUS [ ps4 remaster], Uncharted [ps4 Remaster] and God Of War [PS3 Remaster], FF10 [PC Remaster], FF7 Remake [will play in future] and thats it, maybe i missed one game or two but if I forgot about them they are not important.

Also Remakes are counted as new game, unlike Remaster that only increases resolution and textures like Uncharted series ported to PS4 and TLOUS which is basically PS3 version just with HDR and almost 4K resolution