DOOM Eternal

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 11, 2018.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It seems almost functional although using it during cutscene moments seem to cause the game to glitch and it has no third person view model though otherwise it functions pretty well three round burst and zoom or what it does single shot.
    Shotgun kinda makes it less useful but that works same as in the earlier DOOM titles too long as the player has ammo.

Nice to have though interesting that it's just a simple cvar as well toggling it.

Wrapped the game up, mostly followed the leaked details but it changed a bit at the end though much of it did remain accurate though from concept art and early media many of those elements were likely implemented fairly early and set and then the end bit might have been tuned or revised from that leak.

Bit mixed on the platforming elements but not a bad first person shooter besides that, reliance on the mechanics and abilities can be a bit much jumping from glory kill and chainsaw kill frequently but it works pretty well though I miss the classic action somewhat too. New enemy types were fun too bit spongey perhaps but they do have their weaknesses or just BFG much as it's a cleanup gun that could weaken the super-heavies or let you focus on these more than the rest.

Tyrant / Cyber Demon Junior (But no less dangerous.) was probably my favorite, Marauder as a new introduction required some learning too though a direct hit from the green ball works wonders though it is a bit wasteful for when it can clean entire rooms of the less heavy hitters instead or possibly damage most of whats in the room killing the lesser dangers entirely. (Although these fodder and many demon types up until the heavy and super heavy categories work very well for refreshing ammo and health and such.)

Nice levels too even if there aren't many of them and the sheer size can be a bit daunting or exhausting though overall sans platforming hell it was a fun little playthrough, might try it again on Nightmare but probably later on.
    Next up more patches and master levels I assume remixing existing maps with new and fun encounters like the challenge rooms but larger and whatever the DLC will be either following the leaked info or something else.

Plus whatever DOOM 3 might be, sales are probably looking good and while I dislike it the design on leaving plot hooks and enough room for a sequel is very much something of a standard device in gaming now so it could be any number of things.

Turanis likes this.
  2. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I saw that this game performs rather well on gtx 1070,doesn t manage 144 fps but still 100 fps and a bit more

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    And you can use Ultra Nightmare settings on 1070 while 1660's users cant due 6gb vram limit.

ramthegamer and Turanis like this.
  4. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Seems all 4-6GB cards can't do Ultra+ textures.All 8+ GB cards are good in the future,when consoles (PS5 and XboxX) will have 8c/16t and maybe 8+ GB for games only.

Undying likes this.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Yeah. This is one of those cases where weaker card like my 580 that have 8gb is better suited for this game than a faster card like 1660 super that have 6gb. I can use ultra nightmare settings and still have 100fps. :p

Turanis likes this.
  6. Just do me a favor and stop responding to my posts. Thank you.

7. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Okay so how do you think my 560ti will cope with the game since that's what I am stuck with after my month old 2070super died?

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I think Steve from HU mentioned how gtx770 2gb was not able to run the game even on low settings.

9. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    So not well then ;)

10. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli

11. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Kepler has no Async support, and Maxwell has very limited Async support, which I'm assuming by default is used in Doom Eternal using TSAA. Also for Polaris vs Maxwell Polaris has way better Vulkan support. None of this is really all that surprising.

angelgraves13, AsiJu and Undying like this.
  12. Thank you for a video about idtech6 and porting idtech6 to Stadia. While the brief information about idtech7 at the end of the video is completely unrelevant to anything written in my post... You are constantly proving to know absolutely zero about rendering or games development, so I have to ask you once again to stop responding to my posts. This is my last response to you, I'm not loosing any more time responding to your pointless posts.

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I hope after this Doom they finally go on to make Quake 5, and it being a story driven singleplayer game.

CPC_RedDawn and Undying like this.
  14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I've mentioned that few pages back. It would be nice to see a continuation to quake 4. Not everyone liked that game but i didnt think it was bad.

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Hey as long as it's singleplayer story driven and not Rage I'm all for it.

Although I still want Quake 5.

angelgraves13 likes this.

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Personally I'd like to see iD do one more Rage game. Meaning 100 % iD developed.

Quake by iD oh yes but please iD if you do, no glory kills or any of that jazz.
    Just pure, clean oldskool stuff.

What else... something completely new and different... a JRPG by iD?

Seriously they're pretty typecast to shooters though I'd like to see them try something totally different.
    Maybe make that Quake RPG that it was originally meant to be.

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    The original Titan 30fps barely. I can imagine 780 with its 3gb and lack of async would just be unplayable.

PieEyedPiper likes this.
  18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Commander Keen maybe, side scrolling platformer.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Thought about that too but I perhaps let Keen remain a product of its time.

Rather have iD come up with something new with their signature style.

20. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Started playing yesterday and finished one mission. Hopefully few more today. Was supposed to play the whole weekend but my son decided to be born 6 days earlier than expected (expected was 26th of March). I have been a bit busy...