NVIDIA Empowers Game Developers and Content Creators

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    NVIDIA works on helping to develop advancements in industry-standard APIs and game engines to drive graphics in games, empowering game developers to add next-generation graphics features such as ray t...

NVIDIA Empowers Game Developers and Content Creators

fantaskarsef likes this.
  2. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Awesome more tools ,better gameplay and graphics.Now if implemented better for consumer.

3. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Alot of marketing bs. The way its meant to be gimped long lives.

4. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    You have a choice. Don't buy Nvidia sponsored products if you don't like it. Sorted.

fantaskarsef likes this.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Or, since everything nextgen is amd, nv now needs some fx to bring that attention on their side again.

fantaskarsef and Eastcoasthandle like this.
  6. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Lol says the guy with Vega.

Or it's just GDC time and Nvidia is releasing devs tools like they've done at every GDC for the past decade.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  7. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Rumors are his board name is based on his personal experience with ATi. ;)

8. Might as well tell people don't ask to be born because it's the same kind of logic. Simply put, it's counter-intuitive - not logic - aka yeah I'm saying he had a point and buying an Nvidia product doesn't mean he can't have an opposing opinion nor a valid opposing opinion Mr. Smug

Besides - it IS marketing bs & reading it did make my eyes roll but so what; everyone has to make money - Hilbert - Nvidia, etc and yet people will comment. It is what it is so don't turn into a pussy when I call you out for being full of crap like you are right now nor all the other forum members whom can't understand the concept of fecking opinions about how corporations work.

We all drive cars I'm sure and wail about the auto manufacturers from time to time or fly Boeing but then you don't hear "says the guy who bought a ticket on a 737 max" bunch of dumbass arguments here

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2020
  9. You're smarter than a post like this Denial wtf..

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2020
  10. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I believe this part "The way its meant to be gimped long lives." is what is/was drawing attention. Not the obvious that this is ad copy.
    [

11. Ok

12. Dribble

Dribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1070
    These are all low level tools aimed at devs not us. I know Nsight is really really useful.

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Ok true, but I meant so they bring some crowd back to have nv exclusive freatures.

Nvidia works that works only on nv.. I remember alot of games that had plastered nv exclusive bs ran worse or stuttered, while not looking that different to compensate those side effects.. And they were kinda shitty games to begin with.

14. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I'm confused, am I reading the wrong article? Did the link change or something? What exactly in this article is vendor locked to Nvidia that's gaming related? What here is bringing the crowd back to Nvidia exclusive features?

15. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    Leave it to the typical posters here to basically stop reading at the company logo.

The RTXGI SDK pretty clearly states its for any DXR-enabled GPU, not NVIDIA RTX only. And that texture tool, while it uses CUDA, its a development tool only to improve textures. Meaning the developer needs a CUDA GPU, not the gamer. And Nsight are also developer-centric tools.

16. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Yeah I don't get it. The post also mentions RT, Mesh Shaders & VRS - all three of which are features Nvidia developed then worked with Microsoft/Khronos group to get ratified as standard for other companies to use. Also Nvidia enabled RT and various other features in the past few drivers on older hardware. They could have just done nothing. They could have held DLSS 2.0 for Ampere only. "Gimping" though.

Honestly how come all the Fine Wine people aren't coming here to post about how Turing is getting a boost from all these "next gen" features over their AMD counterparts?

Nima V likes this.
  17. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    Everytime i see this nvidia tech I always think of things like gameworks and how they try to lock u into their hardware. I'm happy they're trying to make it easier for devs but normally this tech makes all other hardware suck whether its amd or last gen owners.

18. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Edit: Idk I feel like im in a twilight zone episode.

19. craycray

craycray Member Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Gameworks 2.0?

20. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Well, today, when people disable GI or turn on HBAO+, they do not even notice that 1~2% fps difference. I am pretty sure RTXGI will have much more noticeable impact on performance.

But texture tool is likely handy.

AnselSDK64.dll - loaded even while running on AMD system
    APEX_Clothing_x64.dll
    APEX_Destructible_x64.dll
    APEX_Legacy_x64.dll
    APEX_Loader_x64.dll
    ApexFramework_x64.dll
    GFSDK_SSAO.win64.dll
    nvToolsExt64_1.dll
    PhysX3_x64.dll
    PhysX3Common_x64.dll
    PhysX3Cooking_x64.dll
    PhysX3Gpu_x64.dll
    PxFoundation_x64.dll
    PxPvdSDK_x64.dll
    Those things are all made to be implemented independently and easily, but it prevents developer from proper threading integration. They are mostly just stalling execution.