AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.3.1 driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Lucas Saw

Lucas Saw Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    Unfortunately still no fix for Brightness Flickering. Does everyone know how to fix it? Previously simply just turn off freesync the Brightness Flicker will disappear, but now it seems not working any more.

Intel i5 8400
    Asus Rog Strix B360-H
    2x8gb 2666mhz
    Cosair Rm750x
    Asus Rog Strix RX5700XT

Monitor : Acer ED273A Curve 1080p

2. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Just wanted to let you know guys that if you have issues with DDU or if you find that there is left over that are removed (after using DDU) by the AMD cleanup utility or else, please let me know with the details about theses leftover so I can include them in a future release.

I'm am currently working on what the AMD cleanup utility remove more and I already did find some stuff.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    mirh, Jackalito, Progeny and 6 others like this.
  3. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    SpajdrEX how is the developing of the drivers going on in this terrible situation? i can imagine you can't work and test as before

4. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Yeah, and I went back a few drivers and it's the same. So it's been like this for a long time.

5700 XT
    [​IMG]

Vega 56 (thanks @Krteq)

[​IMG]

If you are a 5700 xt owner you can check this for yourself. The Custom Options are not there. And, when you apply any profile and using youtube they don't work. They use to though.

Passus likes this.

5. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Thank you for trying to help , unfortunately it does not work on this situation , only a hard shut down of windows is the only thing that recovers the video signal.

6. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    About missing options for Navid cards under custom video profile - Once I know more as to why it's been removed I will post it here.
    Does anyone know from what driver version it was lastly available?

7. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    It was October 2019 if I remember correctly. But I didn't check the custom option as I don't recall one being available though. But the presets for Video Options were working for Youtube as far as I recall.

8. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    @Eastcoasthandle this is with 19.10.1/2 , is it all that was available for Navi cards?

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      42 KB
      Views:
  9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This combo is not a video driver reset, it is black screen diagnostics and all it does is force a v-refresh.

This is the result of the cards power delivery being inconsistent or faulty.

10. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I really don't remember exactly (as I was transitioning from Fury to Navi) but that does look familiar. When I looked at @Krteq pic it did look to me there were new options for Custom which is what I was interested in.

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    ctrl + shift + windows key + b
    That combination tells windows to reset input cards, and graphic cards.
    Basically it empties the video buffer and restart the driver, and does the same for the keyboard, the mouse and the soundcard.
    It was made to mimick that functionality on tablets and tactile devices.
    Helping some users and techs with stuck graphic elements, black screens, stuck sleep modes, stuck mouse buttons and buzzing or looping sounds.

12. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    There is a problem with Win 10 2004(2H1) build .113: do not want let DDU be opened.(the O&OShutup 1.7 do the the same thing,maybe the newer version 1.8 will be good)
    I uninstalled "older" 20.2.2 driver with AMD driver Cleaner,which left some ati files in sys32&sys64 folders.

Anyway,if still in trouble with RadeonSoftware.exe v.2020 maybe you should End-task him and do not let start-up in Task Scheduler,same with Dvr,link and else.
    Forget about dvr recording,enhanced sync,chill,etc.Newer RadeonSoftware.exe "eat" 100-120+ mb from your videocard Vram.(in Doom Eternal maybe you need it)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  13. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Those custom options are there for Vega since launch. I'm not sure which options should be there for Navi cards.

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It does absolutely none of what you just wrote.

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Should restart the graphics stack and can work as a spark plug for the AMD driver crashing issues but only partially and the hotkey is also a bit lengthier which isn't bad but it has to be executed almost immediately if the drivers crash or it might be unableto recover or go into a bug-check / BSOD or just reboot after a while.

AMD's drivers should also treat it as a graphics driver crash and reset at least the Wattman settings so having them on a saved profile is a good idea but then the drivers already has problems with hibernation, sleep and fast boot so with all that keeping the Wattman profile saved out and easy to apply becomes almost routine for all things that can bump it back to default.

It can be a handy workaround but shouldn't be required so hopefully the newer drivers will successively resolve the remainder of these D3D errors or whatever is going on wish I knew but the various combinations and factors for both Navi and earlier GPU models makes it hard to say much at all with certainty even if the newer drivers have resolved a number of timeout, crash and full on GPU shut-down errors at this point so it would seem AMD is on the right path but who knows how much more needs to be fixed or what the code situation is wherever these things can break and cause this sort of serious error. (When it's not from the hardware at least which is also another factor.)

EDIT: Well shocking the drivers (Or the Windows Kernel part of it, sort of as a Kernel mode error would be a BSOD or reboot compared to user mode.) into recovering instead of crashing fatally is more of a side effect but one that worked somewhat when the GPU didn't immediately shut down and thus it became something of a running tip same as many other suggestions and common tips and workarounds that might or might not work.

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Source?

My Explanation:
    When i use this shortcut & Radeon Settings is Open (or is in the task bar).
    -> this will reset all my Manual settings in Wattman, thus reverting to Default.

IMO it's some sort of soft driver reset.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  17. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    Bringing up the overlay in doom eternal is super slow. anyone has th esame issue? Especially when "in-game" and not on the menu or smth,

18. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    It's a game issue. Every overlay (Radeon Settings, ShadowPlay, RTSS, Steam etc.) is causing frame drops on GPUs of all IHVs

19. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    Thank you but i'm not really speaking about FPS drops. I'm speaking about 10 seconds delay till the overlay finally appears.

20. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I remember seeing the full options in 20.2.1, don't remember checking 20.2.2, as I don't use it. It is not present in 20.3.1.