AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.3.1 driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 19, 2020.

1. doom_st

doom_st New Member

GPU:
    Shapphire RX 5700XT
    black screens are back at usb tv tuner this time

2. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Doom runs great! 3200x1800 res, all max 60fps locked ... perfect

No issues yet to report from here

3. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    are this drivers mandatory for doom eternal or I can play if fine without the 5% gain on my rx580? i'm still on 19.9.2 because I have no-issues and a bit scared juping to 2020 drivers as AMD have focused them on navi fixes

4. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    read elsewhere: the new minimum percentage pwm for the fans is a FIX, it was incorrectly reported with previous drivers, so in your bios you should read that 33%: open your bios to check if it's true of not

5. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Reason I use the iGPU is so that the dGPU memory doesn't run at full speed. Thanks for reminding me to update the Intel drivers. It works for Radeon settings now but still crashes with iCUE and battl.net client but not a big deal.

6. Rootax

Rootax Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 MSI Suprim X
    DE doesn't take a lot of ressources, you will be fine.

7. GlennB

GlennB Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 EK
    I had black screen problems with my Vega after upgrading to the 2020 Adrenalin drivers and did about 7 reinstalls with DDU with 3 different drivers versions ( 20.1/20.2/20.3) and nothing worked. Used the AMD tool and did not have a black screen ever since.

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    :(

that should have fixed any accelerated application, its a common issue that the driver model difference between 2 different vendors can cause crashes when moving screens between them, its not unheard of for the update to not fix it but its unusual.

9. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    And I had to uninstall the Intel GPU update because get this. Rocket League crashes every time while loading on every second match. First match plays fine but then crashes when loading for the second match. :D Very specific.

10. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    First black screen when watching YT happened yesterday to me on my VEGA64 Liquid.
    I decided to leave everything in 20.3.1 at stock at first to test if AMD has fixed it. They didn't.

So I have applied the workaround and locked the GPU at P1 state set to 852 with a custom voltage of 807 as this has helped me with black screens and the earlier driver (20.2.2, reached 15 days uptime w/o black screens, afterwards came 20.3.1).

11. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Dual RX 6650XT
    COD Warzone crashing all the time with some dev error. Tried 20.2.2 and 20.3.1 drivers, tried deleting and downloading game again, but nothing seems to work. Tried on lowest details possible, same thing. Sometimes can't even get to menu due to this error, and can't get in game at all. Saw lots of videos of the game being played on RX 580, and multiple people told me they play it just fine on that GPU, no crashing whatsoever. Someone had and fixed the problem somehow? Tnx

12. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Guys i'm getting black screens again and often with this driver :( on my secondary back up gaming PC , since i upgraded to this driver i too have black screens while playing Forza Horizon 4 , Grip and BF5. It happens random and it could take 5 minutes or 30 for black screen to happen , but it will always black screen like for 30 seconds to 2 minute continue black screen , it looses video signal and i can hear the sounds of the game still playing on the background but i have no image only black screen.

The image will come back after more or less 1 to 3 minutes. I cannot play my games this way. I reverted back to 20.2.2 drivers and it is a lot better , few black screens , maybe one or two a day very short for like 5 to 10 seconds. This is on my back up PC - Asus Strix B-350 , Rysen 2600 , 2x8GB ddr4-3200 cas 14 , Brand New video card too XFX RX 590 8GB FatBoy. I'm getting really frustrated as i had lots of problems and black screens issue with my old video card too , it was a Sapphire RX 580 4GB Nitro + . I already reported this problem to amd. This is my report on this driver. Everything is updated on the software side and hardware side everything is 100% stable so it is the drivers.

Everyone stay safe from coronavirus.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  13. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Hello, do you have enough airflow over your VRM heatsinks on the motherboard? it can get hot and makes the system unstable. I'm asking because I had that motherboard and VRM part is insufficient, especially with 8/16 CPU.

Jackalito likes this.
  14. ms178

ms178 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    Interesting that you need such a high idle voltage to stay stable. I get a driver reset while watching youtube videos with h.264 and hardware decoding if I use a -130 mV undervolt on my Vega 56, with -125 mV it is fine. The GPU dips to 0.63 - 0.64 V with these settings which seems to be the threshold to stay stable on my GPU. But I have seen different thresholds on other Vega GPUs and silicon quality seems to be a factor here.

15. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Yeah, it's not working for me so it appears to be something they need to address because others are having issues with video profiles as well. I wonder if it's as simply as some sort of toggle when installing drivers? IE: It's on for your card but not for my card...
    For me though I'm missing features. I think I posted it on the 1st page of this thread.

16. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The cpu is water cooled and i have a fan Noctua 120mm fan pushing air to the vrm heatsink ,just in case vrm temperatures are great , no problem with that. Also i'm running a 6 core 12 thread Ryzen 2600 not a 2700 sorry for the confusion i made a little mistake there with the cpu naming.

Now it got worst , i ddu - clean installed again this new drivers 20.3.1 to make a video for you , see for yourself and maybe report back to amd this problem and share the video with them.

While playing Forza Horizon 4 after 5 minutes of gameplay it did black screen just now , then the screen change to green screen color. I loose video signal but you can hear the game on the background playing ( you can hear the windows xp shutdown horn installed on my car i play that a lot so you can hear the sounds of the game while there is no video signal and only a green screen ) . I had to hard shut down windows using the power button on my pc case to get out and reboot to gain the video signal back :( .

youtube.com/watch?v=f6_2VvyON1k

Here :

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  17. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    This is the lowest voltage + a slight bump compared to the "official" P0 state in Wattman. P0 in Wattman is 852 and 800mV. Unfortunately I cannot use P0 state as it idles sometimes far too low thus causing black screens.
    Maybe I will try with power tables but as far as I know (not 100% sure thou) you cannot control idle states fully....

18. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Hmm as I never use custom video profiles I did not check and I also only have 1 option for brightness nothing else

19. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Thank you, reported.

20. fleggy

fleggy Member Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    CTRL+SHIFT+WIN+B (video driver reset) does not work in such a situation?