DOOM Eternal

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 11, 2018.

1. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    I have to say, this game is pretty good! I'm glad they added a perk to be able to speed up glory kills and even give a speed boost afterwards, makes it feel far less stop-start than 2016. Just got the Super Shotgun and I'm looking forward to seeing where it can go from here.
    We'll see if I'm still praising the game after I see Doom guy pull off part of a demon and feed it to itself for the 200th time.

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  2. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Does anyone know how you customize the Doom Slayer's appearance with the preorder bonuses?

3. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    By the way, to disable non-skipable intro/legal videos, delete \backup\base\video\UAC_LoadingScreen.bik & \base\video\boot_sequence\Boot_Sequence.bk2.

Yes but you can “disguise“ it with the ingame sharpening setting. ^^

With 100 for example looks like a total different game. ;) 20 is default afaik.

You mean, manage - Slayer, you only have the default skins or you just didnt find the menu? :D

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    com_skipintrovideo 1 should also work. Renaming or moving files has a certain permanency though for when devs patch convenience out.

Small hotfix for something is up, seems driver related going by the changed files so I presume it just bumped up minimum to 442.74 NVIDIA and 20.3.1 AMD so it's not much of anything overall.
    (The newest available released drivers and recommended for the game now that these are out just as the game itself launched.)

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Game is 30% discounted on cdkeys,i might buy it

6. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    So that explains why my mouses colours were acting funny. I switched to a Razer mouse with my new build and decided to give Doom 2016 a try in prep for Eternals release, couldn't work out why my mouse started going bonkers when I started the game.

7. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    When the game downloaded the preorder bonuses they said you could enable it in the settings menu. It wasn't in the settings menu, it was in the main menu :p

8. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Man, the super shotgun sure is a game changer! It's almost as unstoppable as it was in Doom 2016 after you upgraded to the double shot.

9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    @Party Poison and others who pre-loaded via Bethesda:

how long did the game take to unlock for you?

I'm now waiting for unlocking and up to around 30 GB it went fast but then slowed to a crawl, now only at around 400 KB / s and estimates 6 hrs remaining!

God damn it if the download was borked.

EDIT: nvm, now back at 50 ... 60 MB / s and only 20 seconds remaining! Time to raze hell!

10. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    OK people I seen 1 mention of HDR not working but this can not be true,anyone playing with HDR.
    Also is RTX released with this game today ,just asking because I am too lazy to even google that crap.

I also get a laugh out of people with like 2 x 2080Ti's and pirating the game and then saying it is crap.

11. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    im 6 hours in it. this game is f***ing insane. i have no idea how anyone can dislike it.
    as a veteran i can honestly say its far superior ( so far ) from DOOM 2016.

im going back in there. cya.

12. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    upload_2020-3-21_14-14-19.png
    This is running both latest Doom version and Adrenaline drivers.

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    how can they be at 1.2 and not have vulkan hdr implemented

14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Okay, finally managed to squeeze an hour or so of actual gameplay in (will resume momentarily after walking the dog) and I'll leave a mini-review already:

THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER!

Archvile82 and The Phoenix like this.
  15. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Wow this game is intense AF and it's so damn GOOD, makes DooM 2k16 looks so pale and awful(and it's freaking amazing too).

One Q, does Gsync work here at all??? i get the same frametime with and without, someof the games with Gsync are not as smooth as they should be(Using Asus MG278Q).

Archvile82 and The Phoenix like this.

16. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Well thanks I see AMD not supported ,that does suck hard. So AMD no HDR and that means not a chance on Nvidia RTX,I should really google that,maybe the game was never going to do RTX.
    How about Nvidia cards and HDR anyone.

17. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    im lovin it the music an ambiance and sounds are very well done,get a constant 60fps with a mix of ultra and high on this old 970 lol with ryzen5 3600 cpu ,game is installed on an ssd not sure if it makes a difference other then load times which are fast as it should be

18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Gsync works fine for me. Make sure game is set to fullscreen.

19. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    Hi,

Yes HDR works on my 2080ti, you just need to have it enabled in windows before starting the game or you will get constant flashing - then enable in game.

Warning though, there is a bug where the map is darker than is should be and the Devs are aware of it. It's not game breaking unless colourblind option is enabled. HDR looks really good on my LG C9.

On the game, just amazing, it gets better each level. I'm 9h in and just beat level 5. Once you get more arsenal it really opens up.

Performance is amazing too, 4k, g-sync, fixed 60 and everything feels silky smooth and responsive.

I imagine there will be a lot of WTF comments at id on Monday regarding the players not liking it.

20. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    Why do you say that?