Capcom announces Resident Evil 3 Remake Demo Release this Thursday

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Nice! Hope there's a benchmark included.

Undying likes this.
  3. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    As annoying and stupid it is for Hollywood to re-make perfectly good movies, I'm actually a big fan of the gaming industry re-creating classics. It's even better if the remasters fix major complaints about the game or make it play/feel more modernized. Creating a 15th iteration of a title can feel boring/uninspiring, so if the plan is to just milk a franchise for all it is worth, why not just remaster the games that made the franchise so popular in the first place? That way, die-hard fans get to relive nostalgic memories "in HD" while maybe attracting new fans.

I would rather the entire Half-Life series get remastered, with a better ending to wrap things up, than to get a 3rd iteration.

4. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    Honestly this is two very different industry. Movies tend to age far better than games. You can remaster an old movie in 4k and it'll look very good and still be better than most crap released today.

Kinda like old 2d games they are still very good and look good with the right software. Old 3d games though for the most part run badly on new hardware (if at all) and the low resolution and textures quality is almost unbearable on modern monitors.

I really hope they'll remake Code Name Veronica too.

kakiharaFRS and schmidtbag like this.

5. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I agree with all of this. I was actually going to point out how specifically old 3D games are the ones that would need remastering, but... I decided not to since I figure someone was going to get in a hissy-fit saying "they're good the way they are!"

6. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    when they released the ps-mini I was "whatz ? are they crazy ? games were horrible to look and play" I hated early 3D the 1st time I saw a virtua fighter arcade machine and next to it was the 2D darkstalkers, I know where my money went
    +1 for code veronica the last one I played on consoles

7. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Yeah I agree that there are alot of the early 3D games that totally would benefit from remasters, but I can also see complaints when they change it so much that it might as well be another game. For example, Final Fantasy 7.

In the case of RE2, the main thing I found annoying was that they added the adaptive difficulty.

8. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Yeah, I don't see a point in remaking a game if it's too different. Perhaps they just wanted to recycle the same story in a new game, but that's not a good justification.

9. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    One game i would like to be remade is Gabriel Knight 3: Blood of the sacred. The gfx looked already dated when it was released. Would love a remake with modern gfx.

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Where is the pc demo?

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Here in the UK, its 5pm on Steam.

12. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    So... am I the only one who's not happy with this YAS GURL rampage resulting in Carlos being turned into a sniveling cuck in this remake?

13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio