Italy lockdown ...how bad is the Coronavirus?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    Guys in italy, what medications are u trying to fight ARDS (main reason for death in COVID19) ? Here someone with little bit medical background?
    Every Healthy persons should take vitamin D 400U per day .
    And people with COVID-19>> are they trying hydroxychloroquine and zinc supplements to fight viral replications and cytokine storm which in turn causes ARDS? If yes, since when? Any comparisons?

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Picked my parents up at the airport after they returned from their vacation on Mauritius (no cases there so far), I tried to warn them ahead via texts and pictures I took of empty shelves on Friday that they will come back to another country and living... technically I said a brief goodbye to my grandma, aunt, and parents for the time being, will probably see only one or two friends (young and less endangered of getting sick) in the next days and weeks, besides shop clerks ofc when buying food.
    Thankfully my skeptical dad realized how grave the situation is and I didn't have to do lots of convincing. I only advised, that before they would go for each other's throat, they better take a walk.

Tiny_Clanger and anticupidon like this.
  3. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Italy should - hopefully - reach the peak of severe sick people this week, probably in the second part.
    In my region the increment of sick people is still ~linear, which is quite good compared to other part of the country.
    Didn't read about Vit. D anywhere. Dunno about other drugs, everything is confused and they try to follow more paths, Tocilizumab is one of them (another is a cocktail of drugs used for fighting against AIDS and Ebola). Sorry but my medical background ends with the high school (scientific path)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    anticupidon and mohiuddin like this.
  4. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Real info about vitamin D and it's effects on the immunity.

mohiuddin and 0blivious like this.

5. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    This is what happen when things like "Comuinione e Liberazione" is left to rule on the health-care for 20 years in Lombardy. I know this is political but it should be known.

anticupidon likes this.
  6. Tiny_Clanger

Tiny_Clanger Guest

GPU:
    igpu
    nice to see he's still got his marbles :)

anticupidon likes this.
  7. Tiny_Clanger

Tiny_Clanger Guest

GPU:
    igpu
    better safe than sorry :)

anticupidon likes this.
  8. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Thank you for the reminder. I knew I forgot something at the store this morning. (5am, was nice and quiet) I meant to grab that too. I just now ordered some for the 6 of us that I am shopping for. Coincidentally, when I was at WalMart 2 days ago, I was there at 2am, trying to avoid crowds. I got to talking with a young guy (at about 20 feet) who stressed that I should get Vitamin D. He said both his parents were Doctors and that's what they are recommending.

I was going to get a dozen donuts this morning but I think I'm avoiding all prepared meals/foods now. This morning I realized I need to clean the seat-belt touch points too. I've neglected those 2 spots. Maybe I'm taking this overboard but I'd just assume take every precaution I can think of.

9. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Is why I visit my fav hardware forum - to get a free medical advice about ongoing pamdemic from someone who knows someone who has a medical background!
    [​IMG]

10. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Just add some termal paste and you are good to go!

anticupidon and Noisiv like this.

11. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    There are no real proofs of Vit. D helping against Covid-19. Of course if your diet is made by mc-donalds&co doesn't help.

12. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    And dont forget your vitamins and you're set

Vitamins and "supplements" are made for those who eat crap.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  13. Tiny_Clanger

Tiny_Clanger Guest

GPU:
    igpu
    [​IMG]

:D

Solfaur likes this.
  14. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    It's well known (to many, not me) to boost your immune system. Turns out the high risk person I bought some for was already taking it.

You folks dismissive can do whatever you want but pretending you actually know better than medical experts is not helping anyone. This forum is clearly not ideal for getting/giving info but is now really the time for childish nonsense?

15. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    But usually vitamin D deficit is witnessed in countries with low Sun presence.

16. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    All you can do is wash your hands before you touch your face...so don't touch your face...and wash your hands well as the virus has a lipid shell that's destroyed by soap, and a decent rinse will get rid of it. If you worry about your car, let it heat up in the sun if it's warm enough where you live for the car to hit ~41*C/105F (or just use a decent hair dryer...better not use a paint remover). A virus dies at what are high fever temps, and beyond. It needs bodies to live, not food or plastic. A decade ago it was hip to blowdry a common cold out of your nose, apparently...but don't go nuts and hairdry the crap out of everything, as you're wracking up the power bill. A sauna/hot bath/hot shower is also interesting against a virus. But hot water always requires a caution.

And don't eat donuts when you're stressed...it's garbage/rocket fuel and inflammatory. High food temperature kills the virus so just nuke your food a bit. A microwave salami sandwich is pretty tasty...and also literally rocket fuel btw (another Mythbusters classic).

As for Vitamin D...people who work night shifts are more prone to get lung cancer...you want vitamin D for your lungs, so lots of sunlight, but in the winter the sunlight isn't powerful enough further removed from the equator, so you get a vitamin D deficiency, which makes flu season, flu season at the end of the winter after months of light deprivation.

17. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    So, by your logic I am eating crap. No sir, I eat as healthy as I can afford.
    Not to saying fasting and eating a meal a day.
    I take vitamins to compensate my deficiency in some cases.
    Generalisation is always dangerous.

RzrTrek likes this.
  18. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I try to eat healthy (prefer red meat and vegetables) and despite of that, I supercharge my system with vitamin c, d3, magnesium, zink and many others, but if you're on a serious budget and don't know what herbs to buy, just get yourself some ascorbic acid powder (vitamin c), then spread it out over the day (~4000mg), mix it in with your water and you'll feel like a million dollars.

19. Tiny_Clanger

Tiny_Clanger Guest

GPU:
    igpu
    many people dont supercharge their immune systems, clean clean clean is their motto, they go overboard, you need a little dirt n grime here and there for the body to practice on.

20. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Tried to do online food shopping here in the netherlands as i do every 2 weeks.

But now all schedules are full until march 30... RIP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.