E3 2020 is moving forward despite COVID-19 (Update: E3 is cancelled)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 5, 2020.

1. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    And who-tf you are? Go back to where you crawled out from, get a pair of glasses and read what I wrote.

To clarify my message to thick skulled individuals: I don't want thread closed, I don't want irrelevant corona spam in every topic on a tech forum, especially from people that have 0 clue what they are talking about.
    Yes, including you. Now go deal with it or have a tantrum under the blanket for all I care.

2. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Keep calm people and have a beer.

[​IMG]

jbscotchman likes this.
  3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    With the way global news is shared so quickly now days it seems that this particular virus is getting more attention than previous ones like swine or bird flu. That could be a good or actually a bad thing. Are more people talking about it because it's much more severe? Or just because news travels so fast?

airbud7 likes this.
  4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Meanwhile the GrandPrix of Australia goes ahead, 300.000 spectators.

2 Teams from the epicenter of Italy, as well as Pirelli.

I read 3 team members are in quarantine already, 1 from McLaren and 2 from Haas.

There is a petition though with almost 10000 signed to cancel it.

5. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    If we eliminated people who were physically weak (or simply left them to die) then Stephen Hawking would have never made his enormous contribution to science. A society where everyone simply fends for themselves is a weak society - we evolved a sense of compassion for a reason (this wasn't some mistake of nature, it was beneficial for our survival).

Evolution is about the survival of the species, plain and simple. Physical strength and intelligence matter insofar as being helpful for survival in our current environment but they're not the be-all and end-all - being physically strong or intelligent means nothing if the entire species is wiped out by a virus. As I said, reducing generic variation in a species makes us more susceptible to fast-evolving microorganisms and infectious agents (such as the Coronavirus), which are one of the few things that seriously threaten the survival of our species.

Probably the latter, although it's hard to tell. I think it's due more to the uncertainty, as we don't know the exact mortality rate nor where the virus might have spread (there was recently talk of an infected individual in my city using the subway). Containment efforts seem to have been ineffective and it's causing a bit of a panic, which feeds the news media, which causes more panic, etc.

6. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Thankfully the NASCAR weekend won't be cancelled, because then I would be bored.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  7. codyrocco

codyrocco Member

GPU:
    Mali T720
    [angrily cleaning my shotgun and stocking ammo around] there isn't such thing as "death toll", only "k/d ratio!"

8. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:

RzrTrek likes this.
  9. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    considering tons poor-people that dont have access to modern-medical will dying anyway
    heck for covid-19 some people still died despite using modern-medical-treatment
    so saying "Humans no longer live under the rules of natural selection, per se"... then why there are 4000+ dead from this covid-19 ?

those either whose recover or dead, by-all-mean is under "natural-selection/evolution" rather than cultural-evolution as medically there are no treatment for covid-19 yet, no?

one thing for sure, human cultural-evolution still not overcome many things.

yet human life expectancy still climbing right ?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_expectancy

nowdays news spread-fast... as well more people wanting the "truth"
    but for world-government stability is top priority which is logical-way imho ... there no benefit in telling the truth if all it cause is panic... what benefit from panic people ?
    so if it "lie" to cover some truth, is it bad ?

But yeah, i kinda agree, if there anything that wipe humanity, then its more-likely humanity themselves doing it rather than external things
    Human is just fragile being afterall

10. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    Yet another pile of lies and deception, served by governments, swallowed by public. Didn't anybody notice the curious coincidence (huh, coincidence!) of this new version of "flu" (for the last few decades we "had" Hong Kong flu, King Kong flu, bird flu, swine flu, Kim-il-sung-dzong-bong flu...) with the so-called immigrant-crisis in connection with so-called war in Syria (where no one can explain to people just WHO the frack is fighting who, who is with who and who is against who etc.). Governments do whatever they can in order to sedate public, to make a pretext for so-called economic crisis etc., and the best way to achieve that is to FRIGHTEN people, to keep people indoors, to make them think "OK, we'll keep our mouths shut, at least we are alive...". But are we?

11. Blackrivergod

Blackrivergod Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Someone needs to take away your Kool-aid. The reason Covid started in China was because they were wholesale trapping, keeping and eating bats. Bats carry all sorts of horrible diseases but this time a new strain of virus jumped across to humans. Parts of China are still pretty medieval and things like this happen, eating bats just isnt a thing in the first world. Nature doesn't care about your tin foil hat.

12. WalterDasTrevas

WalterDasTrevas Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 oc
    What surprised me most, besides the ignorance of those Trump parrots who repeat that the danger is "fake news", is their selfishness: "If the elderly and vulnerable people die, bad luck! I prefer E3 instead of trying to prevent thousands of deaths."
    The end of empathy is the end of humanity. ;(

13. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    [​IMG]

toyo likes this.
  14. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    It's not comparable. SARS-CoV-2 tend to cause interstitial pneumonia that complicates often, and overwhelms even very capable medical systems like Italy's. I'm a medic in Romania, been on the phone with medics in Italy, and the situation is quite dramatic.

Dude, let go of politics. Your country is not doing enough tests. You're in a for a rude awakening when the spike hits. It's rather unbelievable that you're more preoccupied to propagandize for a person you likely never met than accept reality. Disturbing.

HandR, Irenicus and WalterDasTrevas like this.
  15. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    basically you just posted fake news
    if you want can you post a vid of him saying it was a hoax I do not think you can
    you can try to show us what any other president did for a "pandemic" such as this?
    he stops flight they call him a racist.when we had record highs for the economy they said it was the last guy who gets credit
    you only hear mainstream media busting on him cus its tanking never when it was doing great for the last 3 and a half years
    don't be a fear monger he Is doing the best he can
    you sound like a democrat still butt hurt

keep politics out of it

jbscotchman likes this.

16. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX

do enough tests?
    so why would everyone a need test?
    they doubled the output of testing kits in a week they have them in every state.
    this is America in a few more weeks they will have plenty if needed and we will
    not down playing it but as more cases come up the kits will be there
    every governor of every state no matter what side of the fence they are on has been satisfied with the number of test kits they are getting. they even have "drive through" testing in some states
    just saying

17. WalterDasTrevas

WalterDasTrevas Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 oc
    To me, it looks like collective alt-right dementia doctrine ignoring reality. But when fanaticism reigns, reason perishes.

18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    NO POLITICS , YOU GUYS KNOW THE RULES!!!!! NO EXCUSES!

19. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    oh but WWIII after salami got his was not fear mongering?
    us in the states need to stand UNITED its not much to ask for.

sorry white we do

20. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG RTX 6090 Ultra
    Fight all you want. The virus doesn't care. It only has one prime directive: SPREAD

Btw, this topic is nowhere near as popcorn worthy as I've seen in other places...
    Actually, it's been quite civilized so far...