GeForce 442.50 Game Ready Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by zandathrax, Feb 27, 2020.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Ok, I used to have crashes in Division 1 until I upped my SOC voltage slightly to 1.1+ something, meaning slightly above 1.1 V.
    Could be something to try here as well for us both.

Just for the heck of it try turning it off.

I've had crashes, like others, when in inventory, when looting a container or in combat when ADS.

The only thing I can think of being common to all those is DoF.
    Especially if root cause is badly written shaders.

2. Mapson

Mapson Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 Super 8GB
    IIRC 442.50 is r442_47-2

Staying on 442.01 for now, in my system 442.01 is a stable / decent driver and I have no need to update driver yet.

-Tj- likes this.
  3. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    (Visual quality differences between different drivers has been disproved a number of times...it used to be a thing many many years ago when I think both AMD & NVidia were playing some shenanigans with image quality to gain a performance advantage - they were called out on it big time and I don't think either company would risk another repeat scenario of that fiasco...highly unlikely that image quality will ever relate to driver again, and I haven't seen differences in image quality with different drivers either).

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yes i tried those, I'm just saying I will wait for this new main branch 450 when it goes fully public.

Don't really have any new games that need driver optimisation so no big deal.

5. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I know.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    445 is the next driver family, should be out mid march, it'll probably be short lived and rolled into the 450 package in april.

7. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    The Division2 is really stuttery with these.....bordering unplayable.

8. TamarindoJuice

TamarindoJuice Member

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Anyone else getting weird server desyncs on Apex Legends while running after this driver update (442.50)?
    Overall performance degraded, at this point i don't know anymore whos the culprit, Windows 10 1909 latest CU, Nvidia driver or the Apex itself (or all of them together) :S

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    what you running in the background, thats not a complaint i've seen yet

10. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    yeah tha's not driver fault

https://twitter.com/OriginInsider/status/1233847655073116161

it's just a coincidence that the driver launches just when ea is having issues accross the server

also it's common sense that a driver can't cause server issues

11. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    I lost 200 pts on these, the 441.87 gave me over 11000 score so tried them again and got the same as the 442.50, but i take any benchmark score with a grain of salt, but the 442.37 work great for me.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    200 pts is the equivalent of 2fps in each test, its insignificant in the big picture but devestating for 3dmark itself.

13. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    You should read what I posted. I specifically said it could be less stable under DX12. And who knows it could be less stable on Turning than Pascal. CAPS was for EMPHASIS, because I keep needing to repeat myself.

14. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Why are you taking it personally with every one of your post to me a personal attack? And there you are with another running your yap behind your keyboard making another character attack. Pffffft... likely you just drink to much.

Right...so magically I just play for hours and hours with an overclocked and undervolted 1080 Ti @ 2037mhz using ~10.8GB of VRAM overclocked by 700mhz because an inherent flaw in the code will always cause a crash.
    The original assertion I was disupting was the game was unplayable in DX12. Clearly a subset of users has stability issues. Suspiciously, many of the same users that pop up frequently. Just as clearly, a subset of us that never seem to have issues playing games, don't have issues playing this one. And unless I and others pointed that out, it would seem like EVERYONE cannot play it. Reading this thread it would appear a minority have issues with DX12.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  15. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Maybe you aren't doing something these guys are?
    https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthre...-makes-the-game-crash-to-desktop-any-updates/

There has been ongoing reports from Rx users as well since the issues all started,

Also I assume you're a more hardware oriented and trained guy, because its quite easily to write code in a game that breaks every 5 minutes on tuesday but works fine on wednesday all day, especially when you're playing fast and dangerous with Root Signatures or not matching all constructors with destructors.

It is quite easy to hit undefined behavior in D3D12 if you are still learning it all, and the DX discord quite frequently has users show up quite unsure where their issue lays.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
    lukas_1987_dion likes this.
  17. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    I never said anything about Turing specifically, you should read what I posted.

Im just gonna call it quits for the sake of the thread

18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Well FWIW I managed a 2+ hrs crash-free session in Division 2 w/ DX12 last night. Only change to earlier was DoF = Off.

Too early to tell if meaningful, I've had crash-free sessions before only for them to start suddenly again. Would be curious what happens if others try this as well.

For reference also have disabled motion blur and chromatic aberration. So DoF, motion blur and CA are Off.

EDIT: not using this driver though, still at 436.30. But that driver has crashed just as other versions have.

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I think i have identified an issue in 442.19/442.37 involving video decoding causing the systems Paged Pool to be exhausted.

20. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I did, I did not say you said anything about it. It's like you just made something up just to avoid what I posted. I said perhaps Turning is more susceptible. What I was addressing was the claim DX12 was utterly broken and unplayable. Clearly it is not. My little ankle biter following me around has perhaps infected you with a mild form of rabies. ;)

You're running a factory OC too. What boost clocks are you hitting? I start at 2050 and settle at 2037 staying around 45-47C. If I have the heat on I might drop to 2025 if I tip over 50C or so.
    You're just ancedotal evidence that Turning seems to have more issues. I run 4K native at 85% scaling. Most settings are Ultra or high except shadows, AA at med and AF at 4X. My mins do not drop below 60 FPS.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020