IOC member says Tokyo 2020 could face 'cancellation' Canada and Australia bow out of games

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by gerardfraser, Feb 25, 2020.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    While true, I'm more worried about my grandma and my parents. They are really in the group that could catch it, no worries about my friends of 30 give or take a few years.
    And even then, is there anything you can do, besides what people should already do during influenca season? Wash hands and eat healthy, take your veggies and fruits?

Sorry, maybe it's just me, but I don't lock myself in out of fear. I'm too young and in too good shape to bet on under 0.5% chance to die.

Brasky and airbud7 like this.
  2. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Yeah, while i may survive it, my parents may not and certainly my grandma wont.

I was going to have my eyes lasered in 2020, but since it also showed up here in the netherlands i will have to cancel that, since after the lasering you need a year long of checkups.

3. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I'm worried about the ineptitude of my government and basically all governments to handle this. I think it will end up worse than it should have.

Every time I get the flu, I wish for death anyways. I'm a wuss. But this one looks like the mortality rate is at least 5x higher, possibly 20x as originally thought. It's no joke.

TheDeeGee likes this.
  4. Tiny_Clanger

Tiny_Clanger Guest

GPU:
    igpu
    shouldnt that be cancerration? :D

5. Tiny_Clanger

Tiny_Clanger Guest

GPU:
    igpu
    like Dick Trickle :D

6. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    The government here is the Netherlands is pretty much taking the piss.

There are 900 students going to Northern Italy for a vacation... corana or not they said.

The school where two children tested positive will just go open tomorrow...

As long as people don't have symptoms there are no worries they say... boy are they so so wrong. It's clear you can infect people a day or 2 before you get symptoms.

7. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    airbud7 likes this.
  8. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    cures colds, molds and sore assholes....easy to apply with just the fingertips...for better coverage get a friend to help with application, ...for best results apply after a bowel movement and refrain from passing gas for several hours.

9. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I suspect they will need to be a really really really understanding good friend. lol

airbud7 likes this.
  10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Media propaganda at its finest.. Don't get cought up people, it's just scare tactics.. either you believe it or not.

[​IMG]

11. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Well Scotland's loving the fact that certain news outlets say alcohol cures the Corona Virus.... which is odd and places some confusion on how the makers of Corona beer are facing their biggest financial quarter lose in a decade.

XP-200 likes this.
  12. Tiny_Clanger

Tiny_Clanger Guest

GPU:
    igpu
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  13. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    1980s: AIDS is gonna kill us all.

14. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    In north east of Italy alcohol will protect them all. Prosecco über alles :D

15. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    While everyone looks at the whole Covid bussines, what is really happening and we are NOT paying attention?

16. Definitely the Grappa will....ugh, parts of Milan are still kind of a blur. Great time though. Italy really is a lovely place to visit. Cremona was a fun town too.

Alessio1989 and airbud7 like this.
  17. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    airbud7 likes this.
  18. And let us not forget the 100 percent certainty that something will kill us.

-Tj- and airbud7 like this.
  19. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    I think it's important to keep in mind that peoples effort to prevent deceases in past made them not a big issue nowadays.
    People prevented SARS, so people don't die daily to it anymore. (I might be wrong here!)

Corona is not a big issue, YET.

20. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Umm...that's not media propaganda, that's a list you posted. There are always going to be absurd folks making absurd claims. The 'ebil MSM' was not making any of those claims. I don't count the Enquirer as the MSM or credible media.