AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.2.2 driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 28, 2020.

1. sonojo

sonojo Guest

GPU:
    Radeon VII
    I am still having black screen with Radeon 2020 drivers, when I go back to 19.2.1 everything works well but with 2020 drivers I can't even play back a movie that it gives me a black screen. I bought this card (RADEON VII) thinking that I was upgrading my setup to something much better and know I can't even install new drivers.

fish and P.O.N. like this.
  2. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    @sonojo what program you use to play movie files?

3. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    We are aware of this issue.

Lipici, Jackalito and rafaelluik like this.
  4. sonojo

sonojo Guest

GPU:
    Radeon VII
    Media Player Classic 64bit from Klite Mega Codec. It also gives black screen with VLC

5. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Both programs updated to the latest version?

6. Halfmead

Halfmead Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte 2070 Super
    For video playback i use MPC-HC and some free codec pack (forgot which..) no problem with crash or Blackscreen after this update here. 1 monitor setup/rx5600xt.

7. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Noted, if we replicate the issue it will be investigated and hopefully fixed soon :)

connos and Jackalito like this.
  8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The newer K Lite codec packs contain a additional video render mode from Media Player Classic itself so maybe that's part of it, I've mostly been using the MadVR mode though and it's WIP versions since the latest included in K-Lite is fairly old now.

EDIT: Overall though MPC on it's own and possibly LAV should be good without going for a full on package like that though K Lite Standard and trimming it down a bit is what I'm on anyway as it's just convenient to update, most of the time at least.
    (There's a few different builds of Media Player Classic around for one complication for example and then these filters and how to set it up and make it work nice and be compatible with other software.)

EDIT: And MadVR also has a ton of advanced settings and enhancements that might be a bit tricky but can be really useful to set up both for how demanding it can be and for certain tricks that maybe affects things a bit beyond just image quality for performance. :)

Not that I'm very good at it either, tons of Google searches and forum reading to figure out a decent explanation for most of it and that's still pretty limited. :D

EDIT: Which can also run through DXVA so yeah some testing might be needed to replicate any possible hardware accelerated media playback in video players like MPC with or without certain filters and codecs or other tools and other players entirely perhaps but I haven't read much about it so far though a few reports exist on the AMD Reddit for Media Player Classic though with only some info on how it's configured.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    VLC and MPC can be affected by freesync - nvidia profiles gsync off for both, could be connected to systems that have a freesync monitor and be why not all devices reproduce it.

I wish there was a MFE version of LAV.

10. sonojo

sonojo Guest

GPU:
    Radeon VII
    The thing is with the Radeon drivers 19.2.1 I don't have any problem to play games e watch movies with VLC or MPC-HC, only when I updated to the Radeon 2020 drivers that I started having this issue with black screen

11. fish

fish Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 5700 XT
    Drivers seem fairly stable for me, installed yesterday and played GTA V, Division 2, watched YouTube and Netflix. No issues at all.

Then today, I watched 1 YouTube video and display black screened on me. Sound still playing and PC responsive, but irrecoverable black screen.

19.12.1 has been the only driver that has been solid for me, although these are very close.

nytevizion and sonojo like this.
  12. sonojo

sonojo Guest

GPU:
    Radeon VII
    That is what I am talk about here and in the AMD forum and they still have no solution for the problem

fish likes this.
  13. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    don't know if you can reply but.. this 800mhz ""issue"" has nothing to do with the (seem) solved low clock in some game?

14. ftskamins

ftskamins Guest

GPU:
    5700 / 8GB
    What witchcraft is this?! This driver fixes the fan profiles , the stutters , the overheating and it performs better than the all the drivers before it!
    It is almost like.....like....LIKE HAVING AN NVIDIA GPU!!!!!!!
    Best driver ever!

connos, nytevizion, Passus and 2 others like this.
  15. nytevizion

nytevizion Active Member

GPU:
    6900XT
    Running a Vega 56 with black screen stability issues from most or (all?) of the more recent drivers. I really couldn't tell because the stability was random and only stable after a hard reset. Those problems appear to be gone and I can properly crank the GPU up. 20.2.2 has made a big difference for me. Finally! :)

ftskamins and SpajdrEX like this.

16. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Also a Vega owner here (VEGA64 Liquid ed.) and reporting back after 2+ days of testing 20.2.2 --- also for me no black screens yet.
    I will report back in a few days to confirm the issue was (hopefully) fixed :D. For now it does look good! :cool:

OnnA, ftskamins and SpajdrEX like this.
  17. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT

I haven't seen the gpu frequency this tamed since I bought the card. Good Job!!!

connos, Jackalito, LocoDiceGR and 2 others like this.
  18. sabrewulf...

sabrewulf... Member

GPU:
    Asus DK Top HD4870 512MB
    Vega 64 Sapphire Reference with Custom AIO, never ran default, always undervolted / overclocked using Wattman, always latest drivers and never had a black screen issue, or any issue really other than those of my own causing here and there due to unstable settings. Its been dialed in nicely for some time now. Gonna try these out, hope they don't mess with what has been working so good lately. Will report back if any issues.

Jonas Edit: This with my old i7 4770K @ 4.5 Ghz build, various Win10 versions since launch, never a format / reinstall and NEVER an issue. (it updates when it updates) and now this newish i7 9700K @ 5Ghz build (got a good deal on a few week used CPU) fresh install of latest Win10 1909.

Usually do dirty driver updates, DDU for the big yearly's. Every so often a clean install, but not lately.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
    Krteq likes this.
  19. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Just to add: Under 20.2.1 Dragon Age: Inquisition would start start up as a windowed mess when set to fullscreen. Kept jumping between it's startup window, and fullscreen, and keep doing that until you were actually in game. You could play, but it was a horror to watch going through the menus. To avoid this, I ran in Borderless Windowed.

Behavior is back to normal with 20.2.2 for fullscreen gameplay. \o/ My OCD is happy..

Jackalito and ftskamins like this.
  20. nekrosoft13

nekrosoft13 Active Member

GPU:
    1080ti
    can someone help me with this issue?

https://ibb.co/sbsK5Vy

https://ibb.co/qg7Dpx0

Why did the GUI revert in the new driver?

I tried reinstalling 4 times, everytime I install 20.2.1 the GUI is new, everytime I install the new 20.2.2 it goes back.