GeForce 442.50 Game Ready Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by zandathrax, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    3DMark Timespy scoring identically with my system vs past recent drivers. BF1 gameplay seems fine, can't notice any differences in framerate.

lukas_1987_dion likes this.
  2. Morris

Morris New Member

GPU:
    gtx 670 2GB
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  3. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
  4. InsideInfinity

InsideInfinity Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX980TI 6G
    Weird. Maybe someone can test it aswell and see if the performance drop is only in dx11 ? i sadly don't have those benchmarks installed but would be interested in knowing how the driver performs in both, dx11 and 12 on a gtx980ti or newer (though ofc i would love to know how the driver performs on a gtx 980ti and i still have one)

5. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    well the game still uses the old source engine, just updated to dx11, so yes adding stuff to an engine like that is practically making a new game every time

btw

the game still crashes with the dxdiag error when alt-tab, is less often but still happens

6. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    Rdr2 can't start with MSAA activated ! Can anyone confirm ?

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    MSAA or MFAA?

MFAA can only break dx12.

MSAA doesn't apply to Vulkan or DX12 from the driver.

Or are you talking in game?

8. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    Setting MSAA x2, x4 in game - in setting ! If I try to start the game I get GFX_Error crash

9. Dan Longman

Dan Longman Master Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Driver seems fine for me.

Regarding Division 2 DX12 crashes, I switched my 2700x for a 3700x yesterday. Up till then I never had any crashes in div2 using dx12. Same settings and same driver and now getting crashes. So wonder if it's exacerbated by Zen2?

10. TachiFoxy

TachiFoxy Member

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080S
    Giving my feedback on The Division 2 DX12-crashes:

Got them with the old driver (442.37 Hotfix-Driver) only occassionally while browsing the inventory.
    With 442.50 it would crash during normal gameplay - in the midst of combat - way more often. At least once per hour, basically.

Reverted back and the game runs as before, though without those pesky inventory-crashes yet.

System-info:
    Ryzen 7 3700X
    32 GB DDR4-3200 RAM
    GTX 1080
    Win10 Version 1909 Build 18363.657

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Purge the (disk cleanup) shader caches, and nvidia's shader caches.

You need to delete the games pipeline cache after a driver update.

delete "sga_" Vulkan cache files in the RDR2 documents settings folder

IchimA likes this.
  12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Are all your CPU settings at default? Would you mind checking what is your actual SOC voltage?

Do you have Depth of Field enabled in gfx settings?

13. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    If you say so. However, I'd like to point out that, the vast majority of the time those who do NOT have issues do not REPORT NOT HAVING ISSUES. Whereas those WITH ISSUES are FAR MORE LIKELY TO REPORT THEM. I have about 20 people I know that play the game. Only one of them had issues in DX12 and that was resolved by reducing his GPU overclock. So out of 20, that I know personally, only one had issues and we resolved it. I have nearly 300 hours in game. So, I think I can speak just a bit on how it performs.

14. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    Thanks man !

15. Dan Longman

Dan Longman Master Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Running PBO with AOC, (Boost/PPT 200, EDC/TDC 230)
    I have SOC set to 1.05 on my motherboard but ryzen master is showing 1.1v

I have vcore set to Auto with no offset

[​IMG]

16. sean8102

sean8102 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Nope. WDDM 2.6. I'm running the Windows 10 Insider 20H1 build (latest slow ring build) and was getting WDDM 2.7 with the 450.12 driver.
    [​IMG]
    Also no longer have the "Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling" option in Settings>System>Graphics Settings that I did with 450.12 (no surprise I guess since it requires WDDM 2.7).
    [​IMG]

EDK-Rise likes this.
  17. TachiFoxy

TachiFoxy Member

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080S
    Yup, I have DoF turned on.

18. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

Ok but WHY are you SHOUTING at RANDOM.

I have about 1200 hours+ over my personal accounts and testing accounts.

Both the Leamington Spa and Stockholm teams acknowledged the issue and could not find a fix, it got passed back as an Nvidia driver issue and was never fixed.

But if it can't be replicated it can't be fixed.

20 people I know that play the game. Only one of them had issues in DX12 and that was resolved by reducing his GPU overclock. So out of 20, that I know personally, only one had issues and we resolved it. I have nearly 300 hours in game. So, I think I can speak just a bit on how it performs.

So because you have no issues in that play time or in the circle of users you know there is no issues? Riiiight.
    Example: I know 20 people who had zero issues with RDR2 does that mean there are no issues? No. That's not how it works.

Even if those with issues are more likely to report it ( those that bother that is ) that does not discredit those reports. If anything having constant reports of the same error across such a large sample of users and hardware variations indicates a software fault.

AsiJu and tiliarou like this.
  19. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    @Party Poison Don't take it personally, he's toxic, doesn't know how to talk civil.
    He has thrown a fit when someone asked another user to prove there was sharper textures in a driver. He said one person reporting is not always a placebo effect, defended him. Now, he's yelling at you for being one person with an issue, if anything he should be defending you.

20. Dan Longman

Dan Longman Master Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Regarding this I figured out what my problem was with getting division 2 crashes, it turns out my RAM overclock wasn't actually stable. It just appeared stable in the usual stress tests that I used to quickly check.
    I loosened up my timings a bit, and ran memtest for hours with no errors, and played about 4 hours of the division 2 in dx12 without any crashes.