AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.2.2 driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Oh wow,

clocks speeds and power are now stable and now my boost is 1715 mhz and it stays there!!

tested on 3dmark and gonna test a few games shortly

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Factory reset + keep settings.
    Driver is fine so far.

Checked:

BFV DX11 + Reshade = OK
    Forza H4 = OK
    Wolcen DX + Reshade = OK

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  3. justdoge

justdoge Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX580 Gaming X
    relive audio corruption is still present, ingame audio is fine

maybe its related to windows timer change mentioned earlier

adittionally relive indicator doesnt react to position and timer settings in scene editor

Jackalito likes this.
  4. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    It exists since a very long time, you already know workaround and you said it works for you. You can report that from radeon software.

5. ms178

ms178 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    Radeon settings doesn't crash anymore with a transparent window if you try to start it after finishing a 3D game. Thanks, that bug was very annoying. I still see higher idle voltage (0.85V with DP at 144 Hz and 0.95V with HDMI at 144 Hz) as reported in GPU-Z when using a custom Wattman profile (after a restart). I will report back if anything else comes up during additional testing.

Jackalito, Krteq and Undying like this.
  6. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Okaaaay..... the fixes list does look promising....
    I think I will take the bait and will DDU+clean install the 20.2.2. Worst case it can happen I will go back to 19.12.1 LoL.
    But I want to leave feedback if the black screens are fixed for my VEGA64 Liquid Cooled Ed.

7. justdoge

justdoge Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX580 Gaming X
    enabling separate audio track for microphone does not always fix this. it works most of the time but its not sure solution

8. ThatBusch

ThatBusch Member

GPU:
    ASRock RX 5700
    • Some games may exhibit stutter intermittently during gameplay on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
    Come on, thats the most annoying issue for me...

9. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Check page 1...

Say which games are affected - may help.

10. BlitzTown

BlitzTown Member Guru

I messed around with the chill settings aand vsync still i get random downclocks to 5mhz which causes the lag spikes.

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Good number of reported fixes from the Reddit at least. :)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/favtfv/radeon_software_adrenalin_2020_edition_2022/

Haven't had time to do much with the driver itself so far, moved to Windows 10 19041.113 earlier today and just got done with 20.2.2's install after getting back home. Suppose Ghost Recon Breakpoint would be a good test case seeing if D3D11 causes a (recoverable.) display driver crash within 15 minutes whereas it's stable for hours with DXVK and if that holds maybe trying the Atelier games which have a (unrecoverable.) black screen crash though it's random so could be one hour could be several before it happens.

Definitively seems to have several good fixes to the overall driver stability, specific games and stuff like the overlay (I kinda kill that anyway as it can't be disabled besides renaming those two .dll files and I don't need it running.) so that's really good info so far for how it's going with this driver.

EDIT: Bit of a backlog still though jumping between old and new.

[​IMG]

So yeah that GPU is sure getting a workout. :p

Division 2 TU8 for early March could see that change though and so far the backlog has shrunk a bit but many of the newer games are kinda stuck in wait for patch and wait for gaas so yeah it's been mostly older titles. :D

As to bugs though well I can at least replicate the driver crash in Breakpoint or well with the earlier drivers I could (19.7.5 being all stable as usual for whatever reason.) and Atelier makes for a good kinda wonky but excellent stability test though others like Gujian 3 also exhibit the issue but far less frequently. (Days instead of hours.)

Once the essentials done with (Eating a pizza!) time to see how Breakpoint behaves and if that's all good maybe see how Atelier is doing if that's going to be stable or not but RNG is what it is so it's kinda well it happens but it's really sporadic which makes testing difficult although it at least does happen eventually.
    (Ye olde 19.7.5 still being stable but it's a wee bit old by now though it's a good reference if nothing else.)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    OnnA likes this.
  12. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    1)Try setting a Global profile with Chill setting you want, with in-game VSYNC on/off.

2)Try setting PCIE link power saving to off.

3) Stop the amdow.exe and AMDRSServ.exe processes. Temporarily delete/move the files if you want to reboot after #4.

4) Also, seems this helped some... https://community.amd.com/thread/176003

5) Disable AMD Overlay.

13. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Reddit reports are very positive so far. Time to test.

14. ThatBusch

ThatBusch Member

GPU:
    ASRock RX 5700
    Well the games that i have issues with are iRacing, CS:GO and WarThunder. So games that are kind of old.

15. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Are you using Chill and/or VSYNC?

What's your monitor refresh rate?

16. justdoge

justdoge Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX580 Gaming X
    interesting find boombastic, ending radeon software host application in task manager restores default 15,625
    https://randomascii.wordpress.com/2013/07/08/windows-timer-resolution-megawatts-wasted/

because 1st post is like "reply with positive feedback here" and pr team started to spam gold. cheap trick tbh but works apparently

Jackalito likes this.
  17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    -> https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/favtfv/radeon_software_adrenalin_2020_edition_2022/

Fixed bugs highlights

Esiq
    With this new driver:

• No more black screen Disco Elysium

• Can start Monster Hunter World multiple times in a row without black screen

• Can enable shadows in Total War Warhammer II again without screen going green and purple

• Can run 3Dmark again without driver crash

• No more Hearts of Iron IV black screen during map load

• No more Frostpunk black screen after starting game in the first 4 minutes (couldn't play at all)
    And the best thing, Adrenaline would (in the past) crash after shutting down a game, now I could re-open it every time without the driver panel crashing, could test everything without rebooting the PC after closing a game/application. It works good now.

Like any other driver, I did do a DDU clean, installed driver, selected standard profile and went to testing. Also tested the games with FPSmon as overlay, still working.

So far this driver is a huge confidence boost for me.

adobongkamote
    Screen artifacts in the menu of Dota Underlords and Rainbow Six: Siege is now fixed for me.

Chantaz
    BF5 crash to desktop (memory error) FIXED Borderlands 3 stuttering FIXED Witcher 3 stuttering FIXED RDR2 performance 2 FPS increase Overall the 5700 XT is more silent!

Wow! congrats to the team. Well done. I thought I was gonna return the card tomorrow.

Chantaz
    BTW,

0 RPM state has also been fixed. And no idea why but the Junction temp is now down 10 degrees Celcius.

This is my first FULL AMD build ever and I'm now really happy with the performance :) Kudos!

Duncan088
    NO more downclock or sttuter on Apex legends, No more crashes on discord or chrome Thx

AnxtyMelon24
    So far a lot of small issues fixed for me, (5700xt) and also NO MORE RANDOM FLICKERING AND ARTIFACTING ON DESKTOP WITH A GAME RUNNING IN THE BACKGROUND Thank you AMD, I really had a feeling this could be the driver. Keep it up, it's big progress just for the fact that I can actually OPEN radeon settings without using task manager to end all radeon tasks first. Having hardware accel on programs again is nice too. Alt tabbing is smooth as silk.

IMO solid release :p

Jackalito, rafaelluik, Krteq and 2 others like this.
  18. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Performance Overlay still gets closed for some reason...

19. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Come on man if the problems are there what diference it will make. What you said is irrelevant. Give them a break. They also reply to people with problems.

My findings so far is that the card really clocks higher. And the clocks are really stable. Thats amazing. Stuttering is mostly gone. The card also boost even when the gpu usage is not 90+%. Any downvolts you people made you have to retest them. Before I was 1070. Now I had to increase to 1090 due to the card exiting 2000 a lot. The card never crashed at 1070 only the game and that is also good.

20. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    how many MWs are wasted due interpreted or managed programming languages and virtual machines? xD

PS: games use QPF/QPC which precision and accuracy are in order of few nanoseconds on modern machines (post-vista era).