GeForce Hotfix Driver version 442.37

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Astyanax, Feb 14, 2020.

1. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    Are some people really coming back to older drivers just because they ( think :p ) had 2-3 fps more in some games (error margin for the most part tho) and are losing nice fixes and tweaks from latest drivers by doing so?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its especially silly given a public event means there are highly variable amounts of player characters about which alters cpu and gpu performance from normalized gameplay.

lukas_1987_dion likes this.
  3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Are you two replying to me?

Its more then 3 fps, up to 5-7fps and 50fps vs 56fps is a difference, I don't post bs, never really did, and since others like to post I try to stay out of it, it's pointless to argue, I rather do something more productive. Like now Im almost forced to reply and defend my claims. ;)

And no there isn't any variations, each public event is max 6players at the time.

Sora you can keep those placebos, ty.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    AsiJu, RodroG, jura11 and 2 others like this.
  4. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I've had issues with ClearType being reset with driver installs and yes, it DOES affect clarity on screen. Ya might want to rethink your blanket assertion it is ALWAYS a placebo effect.
    Matter of fact on the hotfix, I had to redo Cleartype because of this.

5. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    It wasn't a blanket statement, it was a reply to a specific person. I didn't say the word "ALWAYS", hell I didn't even say the word placebo lol.
    He sees better textures with a certain driver. Something you can easily prove. Just like cleartype settings being changed is something you proved.

You need to stop taking everything so personally, quite looking for a reason to be outraged all the time. I don't remember you always being so toxic.

6. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    "Definitely just you, take some screenshots. Should be super easy since you see it for sure."

I'd suggest BOTH of your comments ASSERTING he's WRONG and are in fact assertions could NEVER happen which is clearly the INTENT of your comments. Otherwise you had NO REASON TO MOCK HIM TWICE. In addition your attempt to paint this is my personal problem and not addressing your post(s) and make this personal, is awful and very immature. You must have taken my post very seriously to have taken such a tact. You MOCKED them repeatedly as if IT COULD NOT HAPPEN and demanded photos. Those are the facts any one can read. Then even more awful you try to assassinate my character by claiming I'm the toxic one when I am addressing yours. Man...wow...there's words for folks like you.

RodroG likes this.
  7. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Yes, i believe he's wrong, as do the other replies after his post. That's it.
    I have a hard time believing anyone would look at this situation and think I'm the toxic and immature one.
    But maybe you're right. So be it, I'm ready for the consequences. ;)

8. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    You're going to have to explain how this
    "I've had issues with ClearType being reset with driver installs and yes, it DOES affect clarity on screen. Ya might want to rethink your blanket assertion it is ALWAYS a placebo effect.
    Matter of fact on the hotfix, I had to redo Cleartype because of this."

Of course you have a hard time. Then you try that weak old antic of claiming others side with you. Based on what? You're immature and need to grow up. Now either explain why you're attacking my character based on that simple calm post, or just admit you need a Snickers.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Fonts aren't games, fonts can be affected by any 3d graphics settings being non default, the windows color profile resetting or updates to font files pushed in windows updates.
    the perception of game quality changing is almost always placebo as everything from the local lighting, to whether you got enough rest as well as needing a tweak in prescription can impact it and it almost never holds up to differencing comparisons.

Also: Drivers don't reset the cleartype calibration - Windows does, its a known long term Windows 10 issue.

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Destiny 2's mapping system is weird, you seamlessly move between regions where you're the only one present and suddenly encounter an open world segment where theres other players.

I'm also using the drivers and not seeing any performance change from normal, but I'm not using Windows 10 either.

11. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Just two other people. Who agree that if you're going to make claims of better textures, you should have to show it.

Unless you agree, in which case you could take some screenshots for him. That's not being mean or immature, I'd expect no less of myself.

12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Guys I have a radical new idea for driver threads going forward:

- everyone can state their observations as long as they are on topic and about the driver version in question

- no one calls others' observations bs / placebo or anything of the sort

- no one argues about completely off topic crap
    - no one posts completely off topic crap to begin with

- no one makes assumptions about others' software or hardware or how they are configured

with these 5 simple steps I strongly believe driver threads could be 99 % more informative in comparison to the usual dumpfest going on.

I for one somewhat rely on these threads on deciding whether I try out some driver or not, as someone who simply doesn't have the time to try out every single version (life u know).
    As such I'd like these threads to contain as much information as possible and I don't think I'm alone here.

Mufflore, jura11 and fantaskarsef like this.
  13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    how about nobody posts placebo's.

observations are only called as such when evidence supporting the observation is provided.

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Actually its max 5players per section. And yeah you dont have win10 so it doesnt matter what you get and what i get.

Ps drivers can affect clarity in games too, some have better af then others. That's if you force driver af in those.

15. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    How is making claims about drivers having better textures with no one questioning it more informative. That's potential misinformation, less informative.
    The only crazy off topic stuff here is a certain someone blowing their top. Let's not get the wires crossed here.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    be :cool:

And when it really happens, everyone recognises it.

17. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Wat

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    be chill

19. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Oh lol. I'm chill bro. Mostly amused. Also aroused ;)

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    only those that force in driver. And not a lot do that, only tweakers.