People thoughts on keurig

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by tsunami231, Feb 23, 2020.

?

Love them hate?

1. Love

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Hate

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Other Colorfull Choice

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    So I love the machine but damn every last one them I got all had issue I currently have k-Elite that like to empty the tank upon turning the machine some times it does the 2 time week some time more some time it goes months and it fine, it been replaced 3 times too. remove tank from machine no problem it will trying suck water out tank that not even on it, and even if it was still on it it would just keep trying to take whats not there.

Do people think there really worth, never mind the fact plastic is be added to world at an alarming rate actual biodegradable

2. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    I drink a whole pot of coffee every morning so the one cup thing would not work for me...actually I never tried it... is it any better? or is it the same just 1 cup?

Brasky likes this.
  3. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    If you actually like coffee, I don't see how you can like a Keurig. The coffee tastes horrible that comes from any of the pods because it's brewing it in seconds. Coffee takes time. I always take the pods they have at my work, open them up and put the grounds right into my aeropress and that makes coffee that is great, so it's definitely the fault of the keurig brewing method. Plus, they're incredibly wasteful for people's extreme laziness.

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  4. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    [​IMG]
    The best part of waking up, is HEARTBURN in your cup!

jaggerwild likes this.

5. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    Science fiction has taught me one thing: KILL THE POD PEOPLE!!!!

6. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    As a former heavy coffee drinker, I purchased a Krups machine.
    The beans are grounded and the machine brews coffee.
    The results are quite good, the only trouble is that you have to keep the water tank full after a certain threshold, and sometimes that threshold is ignored or the machine call it quits before reaching it.
    I learned to accept it's quirks, just because uses coffee beans and the coffee is freshly grounded, not contained in a plastic pod.
    I had a similar Keurig coffee machine, it was wasteful and call me stupid, the coffee didn't taste as good as freshly grounded coffee.
    More trouble for what it's worth in the long run and kinda difficult to repair. Because it broke a few times and replacement parts were a joke price wise.

Before buying the Krups, I wanted to know what's the best and willing to spend some money on a good coffee machine.
    Luckily the former workplace bought a Keurig machine and I wasn't impressed and find myself at fault thinking that having a great machine will automatically gave me great coffee.
    So, Keurig and other coffee machines with plastic pods are a not a solution, just another problem.
    But hey, this is just my opinion.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    airbud7 and Size_Mick like this.
  7. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I got a far simpler solution to get my coffee:

[​IMG]

8. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Classic filter machine -dripolator- user here. The filter basket has a flow restriction latch underneath so you can just add a bunch of boiling water to activate the grounds in the basket before putting the pot under it. Great coffee as a result, all from a run-of-the-mill filter coffee maker, and a method requiring >25% less coffee grounds for a decent cup of joe. Just pour it into an insulated coffee jug when it's done...

9. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    [​IMG]
    Over 20 years in use, the first one did 15 years without faults and got replaced just for esthetic reasons.

Keitosha and airbud7 like this.
  10. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    that looks like something from a chemistry lab^....:D

big ROBOT bill and Keitosha like this.

11. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    I use the Chemex system these days, but the Keurig was great when i was extra lazy. It's just simple.

big ROBOT bill and airbud7 like this.
  12. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    y'all check this thing out!...looks like something from Breaking Bad
    [​IMG]
    damn things even got alarm clock!

big ROBOT bill, zipper and Keitosha like this.
  13. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    For Morning moonshine...

airbud7 likes this.
  14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    imo most Instant coffee from Folgers and what not tastes better. most k-cup. it is " simple" and good for lazy people, but it also make an insane amount waste from all the plastic, plastic that is not biodegradable. brewing your coffee the slow way is always better mess and time consuming, but people are lazy as fck these days.

I for most part only use the keurig for the hot water and use instant coffee cause it taste better imo.

1 whole pot your self? you must have sleeping problems like me. it depend on who you ask. I think most Instant coffee taste better then most k-cups, which why mostly just use folgers instant coffee

airbud7 likes this.
  15. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Huh...$500 and the coffee tastes exactly the same as my $20 [​IMG] which is in it's second decade.

Can't stand instant coffee. Personally I just start a pot, jump in the shower and by the time I'm done coffee is too.

16. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX 7600
    big ROBOT bill likes this.
  17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    eh keurig is nothing more then indivutal pods of instant coffee. it pretty much the same thing as instant coffee, but still think instant coffee taste better then keurig so long that isntant coffee isnt old

18. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    Instant is s#it, nothing to do with real coffee. Only instant cappuccino with brandy/cognac/rhum is drinkable. I know, we are the biggest coffee consumers per capita in the World.

19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    never said it was better then actual brewing coffee just said most instant coffee taste better then most k-cup

20. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Yep, whole pot between 5 a.m. and 8 a.m. every morning...I laid off the booze a while back and replaced it with coffee I guess? lol...my energy level is through the roof/ constantly doing something, always thinking about what's next...life is good.