Intel Comet Lake-S (up-to Core i5-10600 ) series pricing listed at etailer

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Being 80$ more expensive than r5 3600 is not that atractive.

Loophole35 and Silva like this.
  3. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    So while Zen 2 had 2 models priced the same as their Zen+ counterpart (2600-3600 and 2700X-3700X), it seems that every Intel model is getting more expensive.... LOL

4. steffi

steffi Member

GPU:
    RX 6900 XT
    "have been listed at Chech and Slovakian stores to a certain extent."

- its Czech and Slovak stores ...

shalafi likes this.

5. TheOne79

TheOne79 Member

GPU:
    3080Ti + 2080Ti
    well, that's srange prices, for example here 9600kf is around 200eur....

6. shamus21

shamus21 Member Guru

GPU:
    Do not forget you have to buy a new motherboard also :eek::eek::eek: no really. AMD all the way now.:)

Silva likes this.
  7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    To think 3700x cost only 20$ more than this. What ware they thinking.

Silva likes this.
  8. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    They're relying on the "Just buy it" mindshare.

carnivore and Undying like this.
  9. Mundosold

Mundosold Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    And I thought they were going to have a price war with AMD, guess that Intel Inside sticker is still worth a lot to people.

Silva, H83 and Undying like this.
  10. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Maintaining or increasing the prices of the new CPUs seems to be a suicidal strategy from Intel... Maybe they don´t want to sell desktop chips...

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020

11. shalafi

shalafi Member

GPU:
    GB 1080Ti FE Hybrid
    ^^^ this.

12. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Intel is AMD's best marketing campaign thus-far.

Silva, carnivore, Embra and 1 other person like this.
  13. kings

kings Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti / RX 580
    It wouldn't be that strange, desktop is a niche market, it´s probably the least important for Intel right now, especially with AMD wanting to appear more seriously in the mobile market.

The money is in the servers and mobile market, and at a time when Intel factories are producing at full steam to meet demand, I would not be surprised if Intel places high prices to lower the demand for desktop parts and allow them to allocate resources to much more profitable segments.

14. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    I think you are too negative here.
    I would buy an AMD 3700x too compared with the 10600 non K.
    But the 10600 is still a 4.8 turbo and a 4.4 all core on a 6/12 cpu.

If you have to buy a new system from scratch and so you need a new motherboard anyway, if you are a gamer it makes sense. Is still going to offer more fps in some games, without costing more than a 3700x

When we see the i7 prices we can compare with the 3700x price.

Being 80$ more expensive then a 3600 is not a deal breaker if you have preferences.
    I bet the 10600 will probably win over the 3600 in terms of benchmarks

Also to answer the guy about central europe ripping off people, there are high taxes and vat for shops. Shipping costs for etailers. I mean, street price is different from msrp.

nhanphan1990 likes this.
  15. Saabjock

Saabjock Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX1070XLR8
    When Intel can give me this level of performance for $200...then and only then, will we talk.
    For the record: This is my very own R5-3600x and a GTX1080Ti.

16. Borys

Borys Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Gaming X
    Intel is completely CRAZY! At this point of the market they put all this cpus more expensive than AMD?!?!?!
    Mega LOL!

17. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    why would they want to be cheaper than AMD? It's not them who are fighting to gain desktop market share. They did drop prices somewhat, and they did release better CPUs then they probably intended to.
    I am just being realistic here, not defending or attacking anyone.

18. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    The vast majority of people buying a new CPU regardless of it being AMD or Intel, also buy a new motherboard. So your point is fairly pointless. But i guess that is to be expected. Reminds me of how when AMD chips were behind in pretty much every way, you'd still get people claiming they're better because of price/performance. Which later became performance/watt. All of which was meaningless, just like when Intel would use the 'higher mhz' argument when they released the Pentium 4 even though AMD was wiping the floor with them in performance.

Intel can't make chips fast enough to supply the demand. Why on earth would they lower prices? They also have over 80% of the market share according to steam hardware survey as well as highly respected Mercury Research. All that fake news proclaiming AMD having 40%+ was nothing but lies based on a few select retailers who mostly sell AMD. Gone are the days where writing an article that deceptive would be an express ticket to the unemployment line. Too many so called journalists do nothing but push an agenda these days.

19. TLD LARS

TLD LARS Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    __________________________________________________________________________________

There is quite a few people out there that made the jump to AM4 370 almost 2 years ago and just like me, they did not buy the top of the line CPUes, so they are ready for a 3700, 3800, 3900x or maybe even a 4000 series CPU in ½ a year or so.
    I will keep my 200€ Motherboard money and go for a 12 core instead of a 8 core again, i see very little reason to change motherboard and i have the 3000 ready bios installed and ready if something should happen to my until now flawless running 1700.
    The only alternative i could have went with, was a dead end 7700k and even in games my 1700 is slowly catching up with the 7700k and smashing it in multicore.

I would be dumb to buy a 10000 series version with around 9700k performance and then see my MB being a dead end, because they changed the chipset 1 year later to get the pci x 4.0 to work.
    It would be the 7700k chipset all over again.

20. NCC1701D

NCC1701D Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    Vast majority of people were also buying Intel because AMD performance wasn't on par for nearly a decade. That's changed and I think you'll see more people take advantage of dropping a new CPU into their existing AM4. If Intel didn't require a new mobo with every gen, bet your ass people would take advantage of it.

For your second point, again, AMD is still playing catch up. There's many more Intel chips in the Steam surveys because Intel has held such a strong lead for so long in gaming. Not everyone upgrades as frequently as the enthusiasts here, so they should have 80% of the market share. If AMD keeps it up, we'll start to see AMD creep up in market share in these surveys over the next few years.

I'll be blunt and say your view seems dated and biased. 3700X is my first AMD CPU ever and I'm more than happy to pop a next gen Zen in my AM4 if the performance is there. Intel makes a fine CPU, but AMD does now too. I really hope people stop championing brands at some point. Build to get the most performance within your budget and forget that brand names exist. Best way to play.

Neo Cyrus likes this.