GeForce 442.19 Game Ready Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jwb1, Feb 3, 2020.

1. DreamcastAlienware

DreamcastAlienware Guest

GPU:
    GE Force 970
    Definitely not working for me. My 970 is still crashing on my 17R2. None of these drivers are functional with my graphic card. Something is not right here. Literally have disable my graphic card from the device manager. It continues to crash my laptop. I'm tired of jumping into safe mode to disable this and have gone trough all kind of methods. I have an Alienware Graphic Amplifier with a
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AMP Extreme Core Edition that have not being used yet. Wonder if I should hook it up or it will fail as well?

Any update on proper updating the Nvidia GeForce 970 will be greatly appreciated or if you have an old driver that will work. This is frustrating.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  2. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Try running DDU and reinstall.

DreamcastAlienware likes this.
  3. DreamcastAlienware

DreamcastAlienware Guest

GPU:
    GE Force 970
    Have never been into DDU or how it works but will take a look on youtube for a tutorial.

Thanks

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    probably should stop trying to use nvidia reference drivers on an alienware notebook that uses specific drivers

5. DreamcastAlienware

DreamcastAlienware Guest

GPU:
    GE Force 970
    Did not work either

6. DreamcastAlienware

DreamcastAlienware Guest

GPU:
    GE Force 970
    Specific drivers are on the Dell website for the 17R2 and it doesn't work either.

Will try the specific driver tomorrow after using DDU

7. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Image sharpening still doesn't work in CSGO if set via Control Panel, including new HF drivers.

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    it never will.

9. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    How so? Yeah, I know you (or might be someone else, don't remember) posted about Nvidia intentionally disabling it due to issues but they never officially acknowledged it anywhere and from what I know that screenshake issue wasn't universal and only a handful of people had it.
    It would be nice if @ManuelG shared some info about it.

10. superleeds27

superleeds27 Active Member

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX560 TI
    I've had issues with Chrome locking my full system. Not sure if thats a GFX Driver issues or a chrome issue or both. It's bizzare.

I've also had the black screen flashes on Videos, Twitch etc.

11. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6700XT OC 12Gb
    Not having any issues in Firefox with a 970, in fact, these drivers are working really well in everything - I've tried Witcher 3, all the modern Tomb Raiders, Generation Zero, Chernobylite, The Suicide Of Rachel Foster, all of the Far Crys and a multitude of indie games. That being said, can't wait to upgrade to a modern card at the end of next month :)

AsiJu likes this.
  12. Dr4Wm4N

Dr4Wm4N Member Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 3090
    You can make it work via Nvidia Inspector (recent version) by looking for "NVIDIA Predefined Sharpen Usage" ("Other" section) in CSGO profile and set it to "0x00000001". Then you can set sharpen settings as you like in NVCP.

It works for other blacklisted games too (GTA V for example).

windrunnerxj likes this.
  13. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    This driver is definitelly a crap, lot of people are getting trouble with the latest drivers, stutters, fps drops, weird cards behaviour, i noticed that from the first install, in reddit forum, many people are speaking about real problems i noticed me too, but here people are speaking about browsers and everything is fine for most people, i think reddit forum is more realistic than here, its like the sli period, here in guru3d forum people were always taking us to sli crap, now its dead, hope this changes next time, and we''ll speak about the real drivers problems, so nvidia will correct the real bugs, you see where you are taking us, now they are adding lot of useless things to driver, but the drivers are getting worse and worse.

14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    So Guru3D is to blame for NV drivers not working and reddit has more legit info?

Gotcha.

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    people with messed up pc's will always have driver issues.

16. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    didn't said that, i mean people here
    didn't mean that, Guru3d has nothing to do with that ( respect ), some people here like to lead conversations to useless things, and for me Reddit is also a good forum, even if i prefer Guru3d.

( Catch me if you can gg )

17. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    What are we trying to catch? Your input consists of 'this XXX.XX is crap' or this 'XXX.XX' is not crap', with no other information. I mean, don't take this personally but you did claim what others were providing was 'useless'. Shouldn't you include your own? Your conversation in this thread is completely useless to the topic.

pharma likes this.
  18. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    I guess they are preparing a new whql driver with new useless features, with less stability and performance.

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    You seem to lead by example. Anyhow "gg" and bye.

20. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    How are you not banned yet?