Recomend a good quality cheap lens: Sony A6000

Discussion in 'Digital Photography, Home and Portable Electronics' started by vestibule, Feb 12, 2020.

1. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    Lads. I recently got me a Sony A6000 and I upgraded the firmware to latest... I have had a Sony RX100 for years. On the whole the A6000 takes photos better but the lens quality is not a good as on my RX100 and so photos blur out sooner when cropping .
    Can you recommend a viable upgrade to the standard lens on the A6000. :)

2. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Might be a wonderful idea to give folks an idea of the type of photography you do as just basic information. Different lens for sports versus portrait versus nature...etc etc... Are you seeing achromatic distortion? That's fixable in Photoshop.

https://www.borrowlenses.com/blog/best-lenses-for-the-sony-a6500-6300-and-6000/

3. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    What do you mean photos "blur out" when cropping? Cropping should not effect the quality of the photo.

4. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    Ah. Great link, plenty to chew on there. Fink I will go for Sony 50mm f/1.8 OSS E Mount Lens. But I'm not 100%. Still doing a little chewing but its looking good.
    Yeah, blur. So what it is, is that the default package zoom lens that come with the a6000 is that, whilst its good, its not crisp. Where as the lens on my RX100 is.
    Been doing some photo comparisons between the 2 cameras. I have been driving the RX for years now but with the A6000 its like some on has given me the wrong spectacles the where. :)
    The A6000 does take better pictures: shadows, lighting, colour especially colour.
    Looking forward to getting my hands on a crisp zoom lens.
    Fanx lads.