New Battlefield V chapter based on jungle fights in the Pacific Ocean Area

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    BF2, BF2142, Bad Company 2 are the last good Battlefield games, because they were "true BF" games.
    Ever since they just took CoD mental gameplay of quick fragfest and renamed them Battlefield.

And is the reason why people like myself, the older generation in their 40s, don't like the fps games coming out today.

How many here remember the UT99 "mods" like Strikeforce and Tactical Ops? Anyone played those games 20 years ago, has more memorable moments from back then, than the maps played in the latest BF & COD games two night ago, let alone last week.

2. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I actually haven't bothered with it for months. I actually spend way more time playing Starwars Battlefront II - much more enjoyable and fun. Sick of whole crap boring weapons of WW1/WW2 - really miss proper tanks/helicopters of older games. And the fact that most "rewards" are just more skins for everything which do absolutely NOTHING. Remember when vehicles/guns actually had real upgrades.

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Did you ever play Battlefield 2142? unlocking stuff in that was really cool.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  4. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    No. I only started with BadCompany2 I think, then BF3, BF4, The Vietnam one? (which was great), then BF1

5. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Wasn't Vietnam an expansion for Bad Company 2?

Fediuld likes this.
  6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I am sorry for your loss.

*stares off into the distance watching titan explode*

That's right, BC2 expansion.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  7. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    These games are supposed to be fun. 1942 was fun. Vietnam was fun. Battlefield 2 was fun. 2142 was fun. I say it peaked right there. Bad Company /2 began the feature removal. Battlefield 4 was the last one that I enjoyed, but it was still too bogged down with 74 different gun scopes and other unneeded nonsense like an SP campaign.

With all these remakes, I wish they would remake battlefield 2 and 2142. And maybe release 1943 to PC players. Give us back the arcade, moddable fun we used to get.

Battlefield Vietnam was the first game released after 1942, prior to Battlefield 2. Just to clarify which one I'm referring to.

Fediuld and fantaskarsef like this.
  8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    EA don't support mods because that would prolong the life of the games and make it harder to sell newer iterations of the game..... although officially they say it's because Frostbite is too hard to use.

The thing I want is ability to fight against bots on all the multiplayer maps again.... that.. and Mods.. Desert Combat was just sooo good, which led to Battlefield 2.

Mods inject new ideas into video games.... EA is stupid for working against that.

0blivious and fantaskarsef like this.
  9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Honestly, I never bothered with BF mods tbh. But then again, BF2 was the primus... hands down the best military shooter of it's time window. Even years later you found people playing it. BC2 was good as well, destroyable walls etc. BF3 was a good update, especially since I loved playing BF2 maps in there (Back to Kharkand EXP?). Then 2142 which I loved, Titan mode is STILL my favourite one and would be so much cooler on the bigger maps we have these days. But BF4... was like BF3. And BF1 could have been grim, dark, bloody, but ended up being surprisingly arcade-ish imho. BF5 then was... too soulless to have felt like a true successor to the series. And it brought literally nothing new, did it?

Titan Mode was the best (2142), suppression was the last big mechanic added, and it was introduced in BF3, right? The rest were reskins.

Fediuld likes this.
  10. Angushades

Angushades Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 OC
    You know why ppl don't know or care how bad cheating is on PC , its because they don't like their favourite sport tarnished. Yes, I have cheated too once many years ago for shits and giggles, got banned tho but funny how two of my other mates brought the same cheat and didn't lose their accounts. If you look into the pro gamers you will find 95% cheat even on twitch. If they wanted to stop cheating on esports when live they could lock done every app/exe on win10 via permissions but they don't ya know why because it's rigged.

For the record, my steam account was made in 2004 and it is clean with over 590 games on it and yes I'm in my mid30s. I cheated on a fresh origin account with bf3 on it

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I guess it's the FIFA effect.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  12. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Alright, let's wait for lootboxes then.

13. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    And i was totally pissed off years ago when Origin ****** up somehow and forgot ALL my hundreds of hours of progress in BF2 / BF3 / Vietnam - it thinks I never played them now. So I never played them again after that. Think they stored progress locally or something before it got more advanced online records keeping.

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I think online stats started with Battlefield 2, I used to use the fanmade BF2S website to look at my stats, but it has since retired....

Gamespy killing all those old Battlefield games was such a awful thing, you would think EA would update those older Battlefield games so they can keep selling them but nope.... obviously too much effort.

Hey you never know, the head of Fifa, David Rutter was given a new role to oversee DICE... maybe there will be more fun gamb... I mean surprise mechanics to look forward too in the future.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  15. Great White Shark

Great White Shark Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Jetstream
    Love the game. Just think EA/DICE are pathetic in not dealing with the rapid rise of hackers/cheaters. Anti-Cheat software company should be sued for Battlefield 5 being unfit for purpose. They have literally damaged the Battlefield community.

16. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I agree and am looking forward to the same mechanics as you @KissSh0t .... *fear*

On hackers, yes I've seen some. They're disgusting. But chances are you're banned faster as a player using cheats, or as a player using certain reshades or w/e than companies on the net that exist for 10 years selling cheats for the Frostbyte engine.
    Why EA doesn't go against them? Because it's more profitable to ban people and have them buy new keys than to persue legal action against a website they can't pin down... it's not like they don't care I theorize, but I think they don't care even remotely enough to do something about it.

17. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    My PS4 BF5 disc got damaged and can't be read. Not buying it again.

Have to wait now for BF6 Modern Warfare.

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I think it was just 2 days ago I asked if there was any new information about when a next BF was being released... and.. speak of the devil.... lol..

[​IMG]

"Live Service".... sigh...

fantaskarsef likes this.