Download: Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.1.4

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 27, 2020.

1. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Turned off the HW acceleration in flash (I have Vivaldi with Realm Grinder game in the background, which unfortunately uses flash) plus latest Opera Dev for "surfing".
    Plus without any HW acceleration the clocks are at idle GPU 26 Mem 184-203 where before they were jumping all over the place from time to time (but never reaching 3D / going back just fine...

Let's see if that changes anything...

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  2. 1pvpslayer

1pvpslayer Member

GPU:
    R9 390
    try to install monitor driver. It is stupid, but it is another thing what i did before stop black screens.
    also what connection with monitor you using? hdmi?

3. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Has anyone played a few hours of base Frostpunk with these? Seems Windows at anything above 59hz(120 and 144 tested) eventually leads to a system lock-up. Chill @ 59 didn't work. AMD Advanced settings at defaults. Enhanced Sync, Freesync, RIS are off. This is during the first couple of hours - game's not loaded hard. Trying on lowest settings even...

4. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Monitor driver install done from day one (I like to have the color profile installed) plus flashed to the latest monitor firmware too three or so months back.
    As I wrote earlier --- DP using a certified premium cable (changed that too but didn't help).

5. Nolive721

Nolive721 Member

GPU:
    6600XT
    hello. Eyefinity user here.

Upgraded to these drivers in the hope the Windows center screen taskbar position support we had in Adrenalin 2019 drivers would come back but no.
    any chance to get some traction from AMD to re-implement this simple feature, its such a pain to run Windows on my machine now and the 2020 UI is so good that I dont want to go back to last year drivers

6. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Simple for you maybe, are you a programmer?!

warlord likes this.
  7. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Let's be serious here... It's not like he's asking for a "simple" feature, he's saying why a toggle ain't doing what it's supposed to do. I'm sure the software developers over at AMD can fix this, simply and efficiently, if it is indeed a problem and not a feature :)

Digilator likes this.
  8. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    If he was, he wouldn't try to deny updated versions written by fellow programmers.

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  9. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Wow

Passus and LocoDiceGR like this.
  10. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Nice to see sober reasoning here)

Passus and LocoDiceGR like this.

11. xxela

xxela Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 XT Red Devil
    I would like to add to this list of simple or complicated features:
    - no per game settings remain active after system restart, they all reset to default,
    - replacing FRTC with chill is a pain in the ... beside that I`ve have to set it for every game after every windows restart, is so clunky to use (can`t insert the value, have to drag two bars every time) and is only working in game but not in games menu making the card scream of coil whine
    - freesync sometime works sometime doesn't.

I have great performance with these new adrenalin drivers since december and no instability but this software is BETA all the way.

P.S. 20.1.3 is WHQL now 1/29/2020

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  12. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Hmm, also no such issues for me on Vega. Settings in profile remains active, FreeSync is working fine.

I'm using RTSS to cap framerate

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Freesync works fine just stay in the range. Its funny how everyone miss frtc but when it was here no used it becouse it was so "bad".

14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    All games i play working Great.
    Freesync OK
    Settings stays, updated driver like -> Driver reset + preserve user settings
    Launched as Admin, then installed 15.11 CCC for Gamma profiles.
    Using RTSS.... sometimes.

15. ms178

ms178 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    I just had a reset of the GPU driver using Chrome, Youtube and H.264 using a Wattman profile which is safe in games. I also noticed that the wattman profile isn't applied properly the first time you set it, but ALT+R plus changing a voltage setting and applying it in game solves this.

16. dz07

dz07 Member

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB STRIX
    Best driver for RX580 8GB STRIX ? Thanks! 20.1.3 doesn't do it for me. Crashes my screen on custom resolutions when switching to compute mode and/or back.

17. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Should test it yourself.

18. 1pvpslayer

1pvpslayer Member

GPU:
    R9 390

also in radeon setting, check scaling method setting, it is full panel?

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Confirmed to affect the game as well.

20. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Hmm.... normally I had the scaling disabled (with black screens)
    and also tested as enabled with preserve aspect ratio.... also with black screens...

Shall I test it with full panel? Oh and btw. My color depth is 10bit as I prefer a little bit lower refresh (100) but higher color depth. But I think I have also tested it with 8bits per pixel with the same result (black screen) but not 100000% sure.

Oh and btw --- no black screen for a whole day after turning off the flash HW acceleration but since it is a little bit too early (1 day with no black screens) I am still skeptical that this solved everything (by solved I mean a dirty workaround turning any kind of GPU acceleration in desktop/2d mode).

And for flash /// Like I've said --- I am playing realm grinder flash game in Vivaldi in the background and using Opera Dev for "daily" surfing. Vivaldi/game runs 24/7.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020