New Battlefield V chapter based on jungle fights in the Pacific Ocean Area

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Haha! I guess they got the message after all the outrage over Battlefield V's women in combat, cyborg arms, and all that other idiocy.

rl66 likes this.
  3. Celcius

Celcius Master Guru

GPU:
    Orchid Pro Designer
    Prior to viewing, I would recommend getting liquored-up as a precaution. This trailer is so incredibly stupid, that I believe anyone who watches it, while unprotected, is in danger of being rendered dumber for having done so.

4. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    They forget to add a godzila for jap and a transformer for USA...
    Pfff the franchise is really dead...

5. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Is the franchise dead because women and cyborg arms or is dead because no one wants to play battlefield again?

I have like 5-6 friends I've played nearly every BF with since like BF2. None of us cared about the woman crap, all of us tried BF5 for the 10 hour beta.. we all quit by hour like 6. Game doesn't feel fresh anymore, tired of WW1/WW2, none of the mechanics are new or original.. the game modes are all stale. The franchise is dead because the gameplay hasn't evolved at all.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    This. Everything else is subjective bias about stuff that's not really important. But the gameplay's essentially the same since BF3... I too am at the same point, and my buddies as well. Even BF4 is more popular than BF5 with them these days.

Denial likes this.
  7. Celcius

Celcius Master Guru

GPU:
    Orchid Pro Designer
    I'm not evaluating the gameplay potential; presumably there must be some enjoyment to be had. But, if one is going to try and entice the public to your new content, I think a developer would be better served to provide a trailer that's a bit more memorable, as well as better grounded.

8. SamuelL421

SamuelL421 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 / RTX 5000
    My take is that from Bad Company 2 through BF3/BF4 games, the gameplay was refined to perfection. BF1, didn't do anything new, but had a lot of care and attention to detail put into it. It was a labor of love for the developers in terms of historical setting with weapons, locations, uniforms, etc etc.

With BFV, everything has been done poorly by contrast to the recent games. It looks fantastic, but that's it for praise. Gameplay was tweaked to emphasize twitch shooter FPS mechanics over squad and vehicle-based mechanics in previous games. The biggest gameplay "update" was the firestorm mode which died out after a few months (arena deathmatch thing, like fortnite or PUBG). Less content and maps at launch vs any of the previous titles. Monetization features constantly shoved in your face. No historical background or context for the levels, weapons, uniforms, setting etc. Not related to the female models, just a weird general disregard for the WWII setting they (DICE) chose for this game. Especially jarring seeing goofy outfits (Halloween and Christmas skins?) after BF1 playing like a somber history lesson.

TL,DR; BFV is a failure entirely on its own merits.

9. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    BF V is dead for some, but still many play the game. There is no problem to find people i Europe that play BFV, so servers are full every evening. If you don't like the game, don't play it ;) Just like hardware. If you don't like it, don't buy it...

I like someone always says's the game is dead, but how can they know when they are not playing the game :p

Internet 2020 :rolleyes:

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  10. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    I played this game from the Alpha, but there is no "funfactor" in this game. Very slow and "everyone" is camping. I think it's a boring game.
    Maybe I'm just to old to like other games than Quake, Unreal Tournament and Battlefield :p

11. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    BF Bc2, BF 3, BF 4 and BF 1 is very playable today, so happy gaming :D

12. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Best part starts at 2:38.

13. DownwithEA

DownwithEA Active Member

GPU:
    1060 6GB
    I miss 2142 so much. That's the leap I want to see again but without the whole ea mess that comes with it. So many innovative ideas in that game. Plenty of faults but it was different for sure.

fantaskarsef, rl66 and Caesar like this.
  14. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Yeah - 2142 was a mess but it was a fun mess and it was different. This is the type of thing they need to revitalize the series. These companies are so afraid to take risks, they play it safe and it just bores the frack out of me. Ubisoft is learning that the hard way right now with the failures of Division and Ghost Recon - it baffles me that they didn't see it ahead of time - these games do nothing interesting, the mechanics are so boring, unoriginal, stale, there is no depth or risk.. it's par for the course and people are getting tired of it.

It's why I'm starting to support games like Tarkov, Starcitizen, the recent rise of "AA" titles etc - they are stretch games that could end up being totally failed wastes of money but they are taking massive risks and chances which I admire.

Backstabak and fantaskarsef like this.
  15. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    I been playing BF4 a lot lately, ever notice you can not "Call" in help like they used to in BF3(not sure)but im certain in BF2 you could. I just get on my mic and ask, usually a heli is in the area to offer assistance.

16. NCC1701D

NCC1701D Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    I feel the same way. Tired of WW1/2 setting. Game doesn't hold my interest beyond a few days now. I'm left wondering what they could do to spice it up though that they already haven't tried?

Bad Company 2 was my peak in the series. For some reason I could play that game for months and loved it. Maybe because I was younger and it was fresher, don't know. Only bought BFV because it was discounted to 20 bucks at the time. Played it for a few days and never went back.

Fediuld likes this.
  17. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    TOO LATE!!!!!

18. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    I stopped playing mid-life of the 4 when I realized that the entire genre of fps pvp was dead, cheaters are in every game, every game except private LANs "maybe"
    it's been years that cheaters switched from being random hackers "for the lolz" to customers on full on business companies selling them most of the time with monthly subscriptions
    even 20+ years ago before cs:go before basic CS was sold you could limit your mouse rotation angle, delay target acquisition etc...now you have completely stealth cheats that simply "correct" your cursor slightly to ensure hits so it still looks like you're legit even in replays, the genre is dead and has been for at least 5 years people just don't want to face the truth
    just a number back in BF4, on ultra crowded official servers, the anti-cheat bot blocked around 15 players PER SECOND for the whole 15 minutes of the maps I played...that's 13'500 cheater accounts (they probably have several) trying to log in one game at 18h european time on a German Server
    I loved the genre and still play it but in solo games, I probably have said it already on guru3d but I cheated for 1 week, 7 days, absolutely no one accused me it made me sick and it also allowed me to see the truth other cheatrs following me through concrete walls and other side of buildings the only way they could do that is by seeing me on their wallhack, one time ok..but for 3 entire minutes ? left and right every time ? really ? the guy didn't even get that I was testing him...
    the monetization etc.. made it way worse as people who were reluctant to cheat crossed the line as "they pay enough already to have fun no ?"
    very sad as battlkefields look and sound absolutely awesome :(

SamuelL421 likes this.
  19. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Battlefield 1 still has a lot of full servers and is the last BF game i'm buying at full price. Still good fun actually.

SamuelL421 likes this.
  20. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    And this is the problem, since BF3 it is the same bad gameplay, BF3 and BF4 were saved by their technical realisation.
    But since this era every studio can get the same or equivalent result on screen, so the problem of the gameplay is again in 1st position.
    People that play MoO, CoD and BF haven't the same expectation of a new game from their favorite franchise, a minimum of realism and a real team work to succeed were the signature of the BF's series, even the BF2142 were having this despite being in future.
    But EA decided to follow concurent franchise, surfing on a more arcade game with lot of anachronism if it make the game more spectacular, abusive microtransaction etc etc... and we get BF1.
    I had this game with season pass for free with a motherboard, so i tried it, i have made all solo mission and get somewhat high in multiplayer... But i was borring in game really fast, not that the game were bad but that it miss of soul, the soul of a real battlefield.
    Chatting with friend i found out that most people think the same.
    Then we had Battlefront 1 and 2 (Battlefield starwar paintball lol) and BF5 (wich i have tested in early beta to release) with good realisation... All packed with the same problem... No soul (and early boredom).
    In fact i think that it is EA that have a soul problem.