Download: Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.1.4

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 27, 2020.

1. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    new DDU version is out by the way!

Jackalito and Undying like this.
  2. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    If it is not showing in the profile, try reinstalling the driver. If you have the profiles saved, try not loading them after reinstall...

3. FrostNixon

FrostNixon Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    240hz

4. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Can try 144 and/or 120 - if the settings from earlier didn't help(may need to restart after you set them, I'm guessing).

5. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Member

GPU:
    rx5700xt
    Hi I'm glad I see your post, I've just got 5700xt and get the same problem when playing MW.
    I was think about sending it back because it as busted but now it seems it's a driver problem so I'll hang on in there and hope the driver gets fixed.

Btw take no notice of grumpynator I expect he can't even pull his socks on let alone do any gardening.

6. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    AMD Vanguard team (I'm part of it)

LocoDiceGR, Jackalito and PrEzi like this.
  7. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Any reason behind AMD not fixing the simple things? Keeps looking for updates when set to Manual, for one...

8. UkOldGit

UkOldGit Member

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    Thats good.
    Not aware of what the Vanguard team is, does or have any influence on AMD.
    Care to share ?

Edit...
    Just googled it, so you're a beta tester, so you say we are aware of it does that mean AMD has acknowledged it or that you've just fed this info back to them?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  9. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    He signed an NDA. He is not allowed to say much more. But basically yeah.... It is nice to have some insiders who have the ability to report the things back to the devs. They definitely have a higher prio reporting stuff than the reporting function I was using over and over and over again regarding the black screens on my Vega64.

Oh and btw... After disabling PCI Express power management I watched like 8+ videos and no black screens. I don't want to say it has solved the black screen + YT playback issue just yet but it looks promising...
    Just had a black screen. scratch that...

GSDragoon likes this.
  10. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Reporting back -- unfortunately it didn't help.
    Just had another black screen. After about 20-25 YT videos in Opera fullscreen (HW and other acceleration / video flags still disabled) + Vivaldi with the Realm Grinder (Flash) in the background.
    BTW just noticed that I turned off the acceleration in both vivaldi and opera but left the flash HW acceleration on.... now turned it off.... we will see if this changes like... anything...

11. David3k

David3k Member Guru

GPU:
    Graphics Processing Unit
    I've reverted to 20.1.3 to test the feature in HotS (was working,) then this time went in with a clean install of 20.1.4 (DDU) and it still wasn't working.

I also tried adding the executable of the game then setting RIS to ON in that profile (already enabled globally) but I noticed that the option for RIS was actually not present.
    I'm going to assume this was accidental, because the feature works flawlessly in HotS. I have reverted to 20.1.3 for now.

How do I report this to AMD these days? I've been out of the loop for awhile.

12. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    I had the issue with RIS - wasn't showing in the SotTR profile for some reason, after having it show up like with any other game.

Reporting: Settings(gear) - System

13. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    That's really weird. I have Vega 56 with latest 64 BIOS and I'm using Opera Dev with HW acceleration enabled and I never experienced any blackscreen.

What's a version of your vBIOS?

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Part of the blacklist now.

<application Title="Heroes Of the Storms(32-bit)" File="HeroesOfTheStorm.exe">
    <use Area="RIS">RISBlacklistProfile</use>
    </application>
    <application Title="Heroes Of the Storms(64-bit)" File="HeroesOfTheStorm_x64.exe">
    <use Area="RIS">RISBlacklistProfile</use>
    </application>

Along with GTA V as of this driver.

Full list would be this: (Just a search for RISBlacklistProfile in the profile xml after conversion.)

Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Which I think has a in-game RIS/CAS option now.)
    Blacklist Test App (Just the RIS blacklist test app.)
    Mortal Kombat 11
    DWM (Well that makes sense, sharpening Windows itself might not be the best use of it. :p )
    World War Z
    Rage 2
    Ghost Recon Breakpoint (Another one I know has a in-game toggle for this.)
    Star Control Benchmark
    Borderlands 3
    Ni Shui Han
    F1 2019
    Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

Plus Heroes of the Storm and GTA V as of this driver.
    (Which since GTA V isn't updated or at least not updated with new features far as I know that must be some bug fix and some of the others are probably also under that instead of avoiding duplicate of in-game and AMD driver double sharpening via CAS.)

(Contrast Adaptive Sharpen or how the full name was again.)

EDIT: Guessing it's either not handled at all (Possibly.) or handled differently since I'm not seeing listings for obvious apps like media players or browsers chances are RIS/CAS could affect these and if on globally might be part of some issues if we're seeing games now getting this disabled as a sort of bug fix or workaround, just a random thought though.
    (Maybe GTA V does something not quite standard like some other titles using D3D11 resulting in non-standard issues.)

Bit different but it is possible to see that for example browsers often do have flags that disable FreeSync.

<application Title="Google Chrome" File="chrome.exe">
    <use Area="PXDynamic">PowerSavGPUAffinityRestricted</use>
    <use Area="DAL">FreeSyncForceDisableGaming</use>
    </application>

Though it's possible or well intended at least that options like Enhanced Sync, Chill and now RIS wouldn't affect things as adversely as overriding the sync behavior. :)

Though I think Chill has a number of exceptions at least so maybe RIS will too as soon as the implementation gets a bit more mature and tested. :)
    (EDIT: Nope I was wrong just different reaction levels and some additional toggles and flags no blacklisting.)

EDIT: Although it is also sending a pixel shader to be injected and yeah it can introduce problems, just take ReShade going via DirectX or well other supported API's and the number of fixes and workarounds for various issues and then go deeper via driver level and yeah it'll encounter some problems that need to either get disabled (As long as AMD gets reports or finds it themselves.) or get further fixes and made more compatible in newer driver releases.
    (Sorta, not sure how much MLAA got tinkered with and the other AA overrides mostly got removed or don't really affect much at all anymore though a few titles work with them and others well those glitch out a bit.)

OnnA likes this.
  15. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Borderlands 3 and F1 2019 also have RIS implemented ingame

16. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    016.001.001.000.008774 (UEFI). (This is Vega 64 Liquid Cooled Ed. so the "stock" GPU/Default reported is 1750 and Mem 945 )

17. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Hmm, I'm on 016.001.001.008892 (1630/945)

As I wrote few times in different driver threads, I tried exactly same LC BIOS version on my card and it was working fine till 19.2.x where card goes haywire -> half second lags etc.

When I flashed back Vega 64 non-LC BIOS everything was working perfectly fine again

18. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    saw 8892 but it is not for the Liquid cooled ed.
    It is for a normal Vega with lower clocks. Mine 8774 is the newest I was able to find in the TPU DB... Flashed a year or so ago.... and till 19.11+ it was all dandy and stable...

19. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Well, as I said, I have no issues with Adrenalin 2020 drivers with this setup and OC.

[​IMG]

What can be other differences between our setups?

20. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Mhmm... lots of things actually... I have an TRX40 MoBo with Agesa 1.0.0.3 and an 3960X. 128GB RAM @3200 (stable tested with TM5 and custom HEDT profile for hours).... Even some weird incompatibilities between devices could potentially cause that.... I have a Creative SB X-FI with latest drivers as an example....
    Even the display could potentially cause some issues (C49RG90 here) ... .however again.... with older drivers it was stable......
    Even switched to premium and certified DP cable.... thinking it might be it.....

Btw my VEGA64 revision is C0 ... I am really in the dark here.... I tested virtually everything.... plus the W10 1909 (without the latest patch that came today or yesterday) was also relatively freshly installed (once TR 3 came out)...
    I don't know anymore...