Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

Yup, Done barely any story as the online has tons to do, May not be for everyone but I've now managed to buy all the roles and not spent a penny on MTX just gold earned in game.

Dare I say it RDO may be one of the fairest games when it comes to MTX, same with the outlaw pass too.

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  2. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Love this game but haven't tried online, what is it about?

jbscotchman likes this.
  3. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Same here about 200 Hours in start of Chapter 4 story mode,did not touch online.Not sure I want to even try online,do you have to deal with other people online or can you just go do your own thing.

XenthorX likes this.
  4. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Not much there. I would wait a while when there's more content. I just started playing GTA online a few months ago, and from what I've read/watched the game was pretty damn boring when it was released.

XenthorX likes this.

5. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Rdro or Gtao ?

6. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

Theres loads to do, Stranger missions, Story missions, the 4 roles

Trader
    Collector
    Bounty Hunter
    Moonshiner

They all have their own levels and unlocks

Tons of PVP modes but I prefer the PVE content.

Tons of unlocks and customisation

Again its not for everyone, I like it because I can explore the world without a serious story or choices looming overhead. There are no serious ramifications to me arsing about sometimes.

XenthorX and DocStr4ngelove like this.
  7. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Easiest (and prob most relaxing) way to get money is to go for the collector role first, then just look up https://jeanropke.github.io/RDR2CollectorsMap/ and see where to get the stuff you're searching for. Alc bottles at first, then other stuff as you can buy collector equipment from Madam Nazar. You can find her waggon via the website too as she's always on the move.

Keep in mind the map changes every day.

8. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Meant RDR2 , @Party Poison just answered, might give it a shot !

9. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Anyone got weird stutterings lately? It's mostly when i turn my head or come around a mountain cliff and a town with lots of detail comes into view. Feels like it's choking on streaming details. 1 week ago it ran flawlessly.

connos likes this.
  10. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Notice that too. I didn't play for a month and now that I tried it there is the stuttering you are describing. 5700xt

11. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I don't know if it's the patch, or the fact that I added RDR2 folders to Malwarebytes exclusion list, but the game runs super smooth for me now at the same settings and it didn't crash anymore and I played like 20+ hours this weekend. So yeah... now that I typed this post I probably jinxed it and it will start crashing again. :rolleyes:

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  12. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    It's gone now. I went into the Win10 system settings and saw Windows thought the pagefile should be 4 GB for some reason.

So i put it to custom size and went with 25GB on an SSD.

Went back into the game and now it's smooth.

connos likes this.
  13. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    Tried it at it seems to work, much less stuttering now, thanks. I think the reason there is still a little stuttering remaining is I use 4X MSAA to get what I think is better graphics (nicer contrast and detail) along with Ultra for the rest of the settings. Using 25gb as the maximum setting.

One would think at 4X MSAA and Ultra that I have a complete slideshow. But even before the page file suggestion I was getting 25 fps average which to many is still unacceptable but ok for me in areas where it ranges from 25 to 30 fps. A high end Nvidia card on a I7 7700 gives me the fps probably.

So would it still work that way if I went offline by unplugging my ethernet line? I play offline for hours at a time so I'm wondering if your success, hopefully not short lived, works better in offline mode. I use Norton btw.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    check your gfx settings it reset some of mine, when i had 16x set in drivers along with AA and few other tweaks.

since i turned the options they seemed to reset during the update i guess? i made the game unstable as hell.

once i got those off i played a full day wo issue.

15. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Have you tried my fix? Adding the folders of Rockstar Games (both in Program Files and Program Files x86) and the actual game installation folder to the antivirus exclusion list totally fixed any crashing issues I had.

It's really weird though, as before doing this, besides the crashes, my GPU would go to 100% usage and I'm pretty sure that WAS one of the reasons why it crashed. But now, it stays at 99% after hours and hours of playing (probably 50+ hours with no crash ever since).

Need to test this out with more games though, when I have the chance, as in BFV I had the same thing happening (100% gpu usage and crashes), except there it would only crash maybe like once every 10-20 hours of playing.

16. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    no crashes here, but the fact you have no antivirus is probably why computer is wrote off.

Grimbarian likes this.
  17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Well, thanks for calling me an idiot I guess.

Grimbarian likes this.
  18. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    previously working in security, i disagree, if you knew all the methods one can sneak stuff onto your system, it would make your toes curl.

The built in defender simply has not enough signatures compared to a few other scanners.

Grimbarian, Solfaur and cerebus23 like this.
  19. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    Started Red dead Online for the first time... two hours in I was suddenly teleported to a group of players and then killed with explosives. Then again. And again. Then a series of animals were spawned on me. Yay for hackers... amazing that Rockstar doesn't enforce some sort of anti-cheat.

20. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Proved my point really. All the stuff that can happen when you are unaware.