Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.1.2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Caenyss, Jan 15, 2020.

1. zeusola

zeusola Active Member

GPU:
    6700 xt
    I read this just yesterday... Someone trying those 2 monitor settings:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/ax4838/attention_display_port_users_i_might_have_a/

So only for Display port by the looks. I gave it a go, while quicker in the way that it updates, it took away some of the smoothness. Probably good for FPS games.

If you always feel Input Lag, then here's a massive write up, where someone tried a bunch of things :p

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/eps2r7/amd_gaming_and_input_lag_responsiveness_omega/

R0ach's Guide: https://www.overclock.net/forum/6-i...os-optimization-guide-modern-pc-hardware.html

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    For that we need to ask RTG Driver Team
    -> https://community.amd.com/community/support-forums/graphics

Here:
    https://community.amd.com/thread/212160

Voltage Swing
    - IMhO it's related to Electric signal boost (done by GPU).
    In theory, this can deliver more GB/s for single DP link thus it performs better.
    PreEmphasis - less noisy signal (also it's a boost of some sort).

0,1,2 options avaible.
    My advise try first 1 restart Test, then 2.
    Everyone can have it at 1 or 2...

So to wrap things up it gives Better & cleaner signal.
    I have it at 1.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    connos and Eastcoasthandle like this.
  3. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Not happy with this feature missing with 20 series drivers.
    Can not disable eyefinity and use normal desktop with multiple monitors when in not in game.
    Come on AMD.
    [​IMG]

4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Just install AMD-Catalyst-15.11.1Beta-Nov14 (im using this all't'time)
    Note:
    With Adrenalin 2020 You need to Clean Install (Factory reset w/Keep Settings) driver then Install 15.11
    Im using it for Gamma switching on the fly.

warlord likes this.

5. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    I see I can still use both. Of-course I must validate settings between them, they aren't same values everywhere. Have you checked if FRTC from old CCC works in latest driver? It is visible there!

6. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    The problems is not crashes but stuttering, low gpu usage and low clocks. With 480 the game was much better.

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Yup, im using FRT also ;)

warlord likes this.
  8. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    FRT?

warlord likes this.
  9. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Frame Rate Target Control.

10. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    FaRT

But yea, he missed a letter :)

11. sathyrion

sathyrion Active Member

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 TUF
    I actually finally managed to get BF5 running smooth on my RX5700XT this weekend. It was DX12 fault for stuttering for me. Changing to DX11 it all went smooth. Increased the resolution scale to 150% and still at 130+ fps. (Yes. CPU limited with the Intel i7 6700).

12. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Try that, its better but not better than how 480 felt. SP is fine. MP is another story.

13. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Thank you. Im gonna try this. Might also allow me to use the old eyefinity setup where you can hook up 4 monitors and choose 3x1+ eyefinity.

OnnA likes this.
  14. Halfmead

Halfmead Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte 2070 Super
    My new Gigabyte 5600XT Gaming OC arrives today, this will be my first Radeon card since the 37xx series, so a little rusty on AMD driversd and software. However i see people have issues of one sort or another, i plan to uninstall old drivers completely with DDU ofc and then installing the appropriate AMD ones...
    Now, my question is: What do i choose ? Does Adrenaline 2020 cover everything drivers/utilities etc or do i need other stuff as well... I am running afterburner/RTSS/coretemp for my rainmeter.

Maybe overthinking this... i just want as good an experience as possible :) hope you guys can help, ty in advance....

15. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Your experience will solely depend on how your drivers will work on your system. It's either going to be a headache for you (Black screens / no signal-system freezes) or annoying with minor bugs. Hope for the best.

16. Halfmead

Halfmead Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte 2070 Super
    So, experienced my first Black Screen just now... screen blacked and USB keyboard/mouse shut off lights (assuming they did not work wither) and basically had to cut power to be able to restart... anyone got an inkling as to why that happens...just a fluke or some setting i need to change ?
    Also, should i disable 'hardware accelaration' where i can ?

and lastly, been using MSI afterburner/rtss for my overcloccks and Rainmeter reporting... Does Afterburner interfere with Adrenaline center in some way..i mean they both sport OC abilities, fan control and such... just wondering if there conflicts due to that ?

17. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Halfmead likes this.
  18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Disable hw acceleration in browser and media player until they fix it.

Halfmead likes this.
  19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    More info might help but in effect avoid running hardware acceleration together with demanding 3D workloads for the GPU such as gaming.
    Avoid alt-tabbing too including if using windowed mode or borderless. (Yeah somehow even outside of exclusive fullscreen or attempts of it for D3D12 or Vulkan it can *still* be unstable on current drivers.)
    Certain D3D11 titles can just be unstable in general, DXVK can wrap to Vulkan and work around the problem but it's potentially trading maximum framerate for stability upwards of 20% or so possibly so there is a bit of a penalty for it.
    Enhanced Sync can still be somewhat problematic if enabled far as I can find although as with many of the ongoing Adrenaline 2020 and/or Navi issues it's pretty mixed. :)

Hardware acceleration issue itself is also kinda mixed whether it's simply Chromium (Chrome browser and programs on Chromium Engine Framework.) or that and also media and image GPU acceleration such as reports on Media Player Classic and video playback both stock and filters like MPC's own or DXVA accelerated or MadVR.
    Plus reports around software such as Adobe and image editing but the stuff I've seen here is display corruption or corrupted work not driver crashes and certainly not to the extent of where the card essentially shuts off or whatever this black screen symptom is actually doing.

For browsers it's also mixed if it's just viewing or media playback and various browsers but I suspect it's both and kinda random how it triggers thus it seems like it's a bit mixed when it's just a bit more uncertain when and how it bugs out.

EDIT: As to certain D3D titles well the big one seems to be Battlefield 5 currently and the GPU might need a combination of downclocking and voltage balancing but it'll pretty much be stable if that game runs especially the D3D12 mode though then again going to a earlier driver also stabilizes things so somethings up here in the driver code anyway so torture testing it isn't really needed since it is something in the driver code affecting things.

Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Witcher 3, Borderlands 3 and maybe others are also a bit hit & miss in terms of stability though it's more likely to be the old display driver crash and game crash as a result not a black screen possibly unrecoverable until the system is powered down.
    (Outer Worlds seems sensitive too.)

And throwing it through DXVK for D3D11->Vulkan seemingly resolves the stability issue so yeah the DirectX Direct3D code is hitting something though I couldn't begin to say what.
    (But it seems to work in 19.12.1 though that has messy OpenGL driver issues so for that you'd want 19.11.3 though on Windows I suppose it's less of a criteria or how to say.)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    LocoDiceGR and Undying like this.
  20. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I was wondering if the people experiencing black screens, are you on an Intel or AMD platform?