AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.1.2 driver download

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. DonMigs85

DonMigs85 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3070 Ventus
    Before I download this, anyone know if Dead or Alive 6 boots now? Or other games like Nioh and Dragon Quest Builders 2?

3. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Have they added back FRTC or not yet?

4. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Forget it. Anti-lag or chill. Not both, no FRTC. AMD does not acknowledge this feature anymore.

5. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Sounds like a Koei Tecmo thing (Well it seems most of the remaining titles that don't start with the newer drivers are from them though not all of their titles are affected.) but then their game ports are anything goes it seems so who knows.

I do know Ryza and Nioh goes D3D9 hello intro video D3D11 hello game which is a bit of a WHAT and then Ryza from discussions through DXVK has the most WHAT THE FLOP thing from I guess most ports of 2019 that weren't completely broken at least.

D3D9 device and then D3D11 which I can't imagine being anywhere near ideal.
    https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/commit/9be0bf95ca5667b8b7078211a972ffd7fff5d330

Then from the comments on that same discussion.
    Koei doing their usual, overall the PC ports also seemingly have *improved* so that kinda puts into question just what the older even less polished titles have for fun quirks and issues hah.
    (Why exactly do you need to check sync four times *per every frame* in the first place.)

Would be interesting if the D3D9->D3D11 DXGI stuff is the issue through all of these and something AMD's newer drivers does or expects that the game (developers.) just kinda flip (off?) all over the best practices or recommended usage documentation ha ha.
    Well it can maybe be fixed in the drivers via some usual hacky solution from bad coding on the game side of things, what the flop indeed. :D
    (Or it's something else but this does give a bit of a insight into what's going on in here and yeah nothing good from the look of things.)

EDIT: DXVK wrapping does work for a few things also but there is some potential overhead.
    (Or there might not be or it might even be faster, things can be a bit weird in that regard.)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  7. FrostNixon

FrostNixon Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    Can't wait for next gen nvidia so I can sell my 5700 xt. With the 2020 drivers I have screen flickering and lower fps so I'm stuck with the 2019 stable...
    Can't they focus on working drivers instead of better ui,which breaks more than it fixes.

8. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Have not really tested this driver yet, but don't recall having your issues. What options have you enabled, if any? Also, if you have not tried it, do a Factory Reset during installation.

9. FrostNixon

FrostNixon Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    I always do a DDU in safe mode before installing. Tried a lot of settings, nothing.
    Was hoping 2020 driver could fix my issue, when screen goes to sleep and I can't wake PC, only option is restart from button. Also sometimes I get random restarts, but oh well, all those are better than screen flickers and lower fps, so here I am again, 2019....

10. Perjantai

Perjantai Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080
    Have you tried using better displayport cable? Is your PSU up to the task if your comp keeps crashing? Any oc etc..? Can you test that card on different system?

11. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Do try the Factory Reset - I've read that DDU may not quite get everything...

Not sure about this new driver, but also had the sleep issue(black screen on wake-up) - fine w/o driver installed. Was also hoping a new driver would fix things...) Annoying, but bearable for me. Can see that not being a good option for some...
    Don't recall having random reboots with my XT, and it feels like I've installed just about every new release. Suggest you try the AIDA64 System Stability Test for something like 15-20 minutes - everything selected but the disk(s) and the GPU, and then with the GPU. Also got a Seasonic PSU, but I'd look into the quality of your model, possibly paired with the XT and a similar CPU. Not saying it is bad, mind you - I don't know... Just to try to rule things out.

12. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Saw a lot of complaints about my old cable, which was seemingly non-certified by VESA(Cable Matters v1.2), so bought one that is - https://www.amazon.com/DisplayPort-...EE-Support/dp/B07WF1RXVF?ref_=ast_bbp_dp&th=1 - didn't fix anything... Feels like I've read someone had better luck with swapping a cable, so might be worth a try - could have a spare if things don't improve.

13. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Why don't they? It worked fine!
    Both Anti-lag and Chill suck, I don't need either and I could care less for both. I'd trade them for FRTC. Sucks I probably have to live with Chill at Low75/High75 or just instal a 3rd party program to do what once Adrenalin did!

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    frtc was bad, so bad almost unusable. If you went to limit the framerate just use rtss or an ingame limiter.

15. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    I really don't know what special about my computer but i really don't get all those problems people are having. It's not perfect. I mean i got a black screen once when getting the computer out of sleep and had to reboot. Some of my windows fill the screen after playing a game if left opened on my main screen. Fortnite is not working i get a black screen every 5 minutes or so. Outside of that all other games i tried worked perfectly (about 10 i would say). I turn most of the features off though. I think i only have Radeon Enhanced sync and Freesync on. All the other AMD exclusive features are off (and will remain off) and i have yet to try the fan controller or integer scaling (which i will at one point).

My windows sizing problem after playing a game could very well be Display Fusion not working correctly with the card. It has not been updated for a while. Not much of a problem since i keep my windows (Discord, Chrome, ....) opened on my secondary screens while playing a game and it happens only if i leave my windows opened on my main screen (the one the game is played on). As for Fortnite i don't really play the game anymore i'm not into construction simulators i prefer shooters so i have not investigated what could be the issue. This game gave me troubles in the past with my gtx 1070 because of the lightning software used by the card. I have not tried to play the game with RGBFusion uninstalled.

But reading some people it's like the drivers are unusable and nothing work for them i mean i'm curious as to why it works relatively ok for me. I limit the fps in all my games to 144 or use vsync if the game doesn't let me do that though. Heard the card has problem if the fps is too high don't know if it's true.

16. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Why was it bad, please enlighten me. It worked great for me, I don't see why I have to live with chill that is causing tearing on a freesync monitor...

17. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Also worked for me. According to some, it didn't...

Chill does seem to work. Freesync on, no Enhanced Sync here. Which games are you getting tearing in?

18. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Rise of the Tomb Raider. I really miss that and hate when companies remove features that work.

19. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Install 20.1.X clean, and then after reboot install CCC from 15.11 package. Everything is smooth.

20. FrostNixon

FrostNixon Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    Tried cables, not the problem, tried everything with drivers, including different versions, nope. PSU is a SeaSonic Gold Plus 550W so it's plenty, and the issues don't occur during power spikes, they occur during "happenings" as I like to call them.