NVIDIA GeForce 441.87 WHQL: Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Butcher1967

Butcher1967 Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX960
    @feidlimid

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    So use Dgvoodoo to wrap everything <8 to 11 then :D

3. feidlimid

feidlimid Member

GPU:
    N/A
    I choose to "circumvent", as you put it, the Store as I do not want an Microsoft account just so I can use Windows.

Thank you for this, but it does not work for me. As soon as I restart it I receive a prompt from my firewall which I allow, but I still cannot access Nvidia Control Panel.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you must be 12 or something to not have a microsoft account.

most of us over 30 have had one at some point. (thanks to gfwl)

5. fr3quency

fr3quency Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1660
    Last time I checked you didn't need an account to download apps from Microsoft Store unless they cost money. It used to be like that on older Windows 10/Microsoft store versions, maybe try to update the OS and apps once in a while.

6. feidlimid

feidlimid Member

GPU:
    N/A
    I don't appreciate your attempts of condescending comments towards me. I am of an age that not only can I have an account, I also realise the privacy issues related to having one.

xacid0, venturi and AsiJu like this.
  7. feidlimid

feidlimid Member

GPU:
    N/A
    I've downloaded the app and attempted to sideload it, however received the message that I posted previously.

8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Guess me and a handful of others here are 12 then too... also I really don't get the logic behind that statement.

Try to behave, Sora, will you. We don't need more condescending know-it-alls here.

venturi and HoWxCoRe like this.
  9. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Why not just install the standard package? Am i missing something?

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The saying "cutting off your nose to spite your face" applies.

People refuse to have an account for reasons that google are far more guilty of (and they have a gmail or sign into chrome).

no, thats a legitimate workaround and is better than trying to powershell your way around a self created problem.

11. feidlimid

feidlimid Member

GPU:
    N/A
    Can somebody tell me which version of Nvidia drivers does NOT require the Microsoft Store app to be installed? I have tried installing 441.66 and I am receiving the same error about Nvidia Control Panel not being found.

Failing that, how do I install Nvidia Control Panel when I do not have Microsoft Store installed and do not want a Microsoft account? As I have said earlier, sideloading in PowerShell doesn't seem to work.

12. feidlimid

feidlimid Member

GPU:
    N/A
    So I don't have to type it all again, please refer to the last paragraph in my previous post.

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  14. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Its not a version [number] issue.
    You are installing the DCH version which needs to download the control panel from microsoft.
    NVslimmer was designed to be used with the standard version of the driver which includes the control panel.
    Dont use the DCH version with NVSlimmer.

To get the latest version of the standard driver look under beta on NVidia.
    You may need to use DDU to clear out the DCH driver, I have heard of issues reverting from DCH back to standard driver.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    Smough likes this.
  15. feidlimid

feidlimid Member

GPU:
    N/A
    So to clarify, you are saying that downloading and installing 441.87-desktop-win10-64bit-international-dch-whql.exe will get my Nvidia drivers and control panel working again?

Because I first installed with NVSlimmer v0.7 which did not work. I then ran the installer without NVSlimmer and this also did not work. I uninstalled 441.87 with DDU and installed 441.66 believing this had the old control panel, which also did not work.

16. feidlimid

feidlimid Member

GPU:
    N/A
    Thank you very much for taking the time to explain this to me, I think I understand now. I did not realise I was installing DCH and I obviously need to research as I don't fully understand what it is yet.

I will remove 441.66 DCH with DDU and install 441.87 standard.

17. feidlimid

feidlimid Member

GPU:
    N/A
    Standard 441.87 installed and all is well again. Once again, thank you to @Mufflore for explaining things to me and @Astyanax for providing the link to me.

Now I shall look into what DCH is.

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Seems to still work.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/develop/universal-driver-scenarios

Its more or less application hardening to make it much more difficult for systems to be exploited by driver control panels.

19. fernake

fernake Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus strix GTX 1080 OC
    It seems that the new Nvidia frame limiter is very effective in Darksiders Genesis by completely eliminating stuttering while RTSS has no effect.Control also seems much softer now with the Nvidia limiter.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  20. phatbx133

phatbx133 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1050ti 4GB
    Does this driver have Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling in System>Display>Graphic Settings at bottom of screen ?

I'm on Insider driver 445.23 with WDDM 2.7 and Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling.

Not sure if I should install this driver.