Samsung to Release a truly Bezel-less TV at CES

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    I totally get why one would want zero-bezels for monitors, so you can eg. have multiple without image interruption, but with a huge TV like this, is this really the most important thing? 99.99% of all buyers are going to have exactly one.

Prince Valiant and mohiuddin like this.
  3. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    Exactly my point. But again these kind of tvs are actually bought to have bragging rights. And u might want upgrade to a 120inch ultrawide tv :p at some point of ur life...

4. Stairmand

Stairmand Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 Aorus Maste
    It's not just bragging rights, When I shop for a TV it's also a piece of furniture so I want it to look good in my front room too. I'd absolutely pay a premium for it to look good. Indeed, when I bought my last set I bought the top end version not just for the picture but it had a nice aluminium stand.

5. Mundosold

Mundosold Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    Have you seen what people these days obsess over? Bezels, notches, cutouts, etc. All kinds of superficial things that you never even notice because you are looking at the SCREEN not the bezel. A lot of "tech" companies are just fashion companies in disguise. Same reason we have RGB everything now too, some people will refuse to buy certain pc components if it doesn't have colorful lights attached to it. Go compare a classic gamer mobo (like A7N8X) to one made today.

6. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    I've heard this story (true bezel less) for so many times and it's never true. It's impossible to make without making it easily breakable. There needs to be at least 1 or 2 millimetres of plastic/metallic package.
    I have one LG bezel less monitor and guess what: it has a f ing huge bezel.

7. Moto_Life

Moto_Life Active Member

GPU:
    Msi 1070 gaming X
    Imagine people liking different things and having an opinion different than yours. Just because you do not care for something doesn't automatically make it dumb or pointless.

8. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    If they think it looks good, fine, but I would like to hear practical reasons for this, since I'm just a practical person like that.

I suppose this makes better marketing then image quality improvements that are hard to grasp for many people. "Now with 5% higher color volume" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Prince Valiant likes this.
  9. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I suppose if you can't beat them on picture quality you fight on aesthetics. Where Samsung is now this is a smart move that will sell TV's until they can get MicroLED based TV's shipped.