G.SKILL launches New Ultra Low-Latency DDR4 32GB-Module Kits

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    Looks quite interesting, been looking for some nicely balanced high- capacity modules for a gaming-workstation hybrid system.

3. Andy Watson

Andy Watson Master Guru

GPU:
    Does the memory clock actually matter that much when you have so many cores? Surely it is cores and amount of memory that matters in these systems?

I can understand it for pifast world records and even perhaps a bit for something like a 4 core gaming system 9900KS perhaps that you do a bit of benching on as well as a side hobby, but if you really need all that RAM does current RAM bog you down on the CL value?

Corsair are doing CL16-18-18-36 already ... does the CL14 really make that much difference? Only if the same price or cheaper I would say. Otherwise it is just a "GHz war" for memory maker it seems to me, or perhaps I am just being cynical.

4. Milestonegio

Milestonegio Guest

GPU:
    JetStream 1060 6G
    This omega low latency at 14-18-18-36 is achievable on most of 32GB sticks but with tRFC they capable of... huh :)

5. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    I agree with you, this kit seems better than the corsair one, since the lower latency, but unneded.
    This is mainly gaming performance and gaming + high capacity is a so restricted audience that as a company i would not bet on it.
    The day a gamer and rbg lover wants 64gigs inside his system, those speeds are already outdated.

6. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    well, teamgroup has still 8pack mems, 14-14-14-31@1t 3200Mhz, so...they are fast. And doing 3800@c15, so...
    but they 16gb for 130e

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  7. svan71

svan71 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    i'm at 14-15-14 @ 3600 on my B-die so I guess its ultra super duper low latency....

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  8. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    If you are using lots of cores , on a dual channel memory system , the memory speed becomes more important, the bandwidth available per core decreases as the core count increases. it should matter more (especially with >8cores), but greatly depends on the workload/application.

9. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I have 4 g skill Flarex dimms in my Ryzen machine running at better latencies than these and it is cheaper memory.

10. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    When people compare 4GB/8GB sticks to 32GB...

XD

Venix likes this.

11. blkspade

blkspade Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT 256MB
    I'd keep in mind that a major draw to Ryzen platform is its productivity potential. Gaming merges with productivity with streaming. Streaming potentially eventually leads to video editing. Heck there are some games that use up enough ram, that it, OBS, and a web browser already push you over 16GB. Not too people will claim to be only gaming and choose Ryzen, beyond sheer disdain for Intel. My POV is that its close enough while clearly dominating in things that could matter. Those things like RAM.

12. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    Yes yes, no one cared about those things before, but when Ryzen came out suddenly every home user become 3D designer, video editor, special effects master productivity guru who needs to rendered something 24/7. Laughable.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
    nizzen likes this.
  13. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    you realise you are in an enthusiasts forum right , in here we are NOT everyone most people around here their job is around such things or hobbyist that they genuine enjoy messing with computer hardware and checking perfomance keeping up with the news etc etc also all those things where in the reviews and talk points pre-ryzen but there was no competition pre-ryzen for long time ...pretty much everyone knew that intel cpus are better for all those things so your decision was just to weight your budget and how high you are willing to pay for an intel cpu . What is mostly laughable is that everyone things they are some MLG level cs:go player and the 250fps on cs:go instead of 280fps ...with less than 1ms gained in response time is something that will benefit em ....