Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 19.12.3 - Download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
    Weird, I had black screens and freezes before 19.12.2 in MW, haven’t encountered them since or any game for that matter, only the freezes remain (mostly on MW) but I started up Battlefield 4 today (which I haven’t played in ages) and suddenly it has black screens again non-stop after a few minutes in, along with a device hung error, I really hope AMD can fix this pesky issue for once and for all in the coming driver updates.

MaCk0y likes this.
  2. bernek

bernek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7900XT
    I have freezes in COD MW also with Vega64 and this driver. If I select (when installing driver) gamer profile I get 5-10 seconds freezes maybe in 30 min or 1 hour of playing... its really annoying. I've reinstalled W10 and drivers but still the same with the latest. What I've found so far is that Standard Profile freezes less sometimes not at all (during my play session). I also figured out that the freezes are more consistent if I cap the framerate in game ... if I leave VSYNC OFF (in game) and the framerate cap off (in game) I dont get freezes or very rarely.

Its really annoying since I have another PC with an 1070GTX where it plays perfectly no freezes at all for hours of playtime.

The only true sad part is that I can't believe Wattman can't keep its damn clocks even now. (fresh install W10 and latest drivers) ....

(edited some crap out)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  3. Rufus1

Rufus1 Guest

GPU:
    Rog Strix RX 5700XT
    vsync is not for amd always leave it off

4. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    To be honest I don't have too much confidence in AMD in fixing this issue. This has been reported since the release of NAVI. Doesn't seem they have figured out the root cause yet.

5. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
    I totally feel the same, just tried streaming for a bit and that too is a crap-show despite a brand new encoder. AMD really needs to step up their game really fast or they are gonna lose more customers, I'm getting rather tired of it because it is plagued with issues/bugs and underutilized and/or immature features. Most of us have waited for almost half a year for them to finally polish the damn driver but no dice. I love AMD CPU's but their GPU department is a straight up disaster.

MaCk0y and JonasBeckman like this.
  6. Paul L

Paul L Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700 8gb
    All seems good here.. only gremlin is a strange green screen flash that occurs mostly in Firefox / occasionally in some game.
    I wonder if this is a GPU Sys control sesion update type thing with NAVI as it only seems to happen in the first say 30 mins of my Win10 setups resuming from sleep or clean boot. All fine since say +6hrs to now.. lol.

My setup's all mostly standard BIOS (not Wattmanning anything) no PBO & Windows Power Ryzen MAX Perf. power plan... PCIe.4 @ around 4.4ghz boosting CPU.

Ryzen 5 3600X
    MSI MPG x570 Gaming Plus (the audio DSP).

Managed to get rid of any nagware & sounds.. :)
    Not doing any streaming or account linking.
    Crazy speeds in Space Engineers....:cool:, Medieval Engineers.. & Empyrion : Galactic Survival. Really enjoing War Thunder maxed (apart from any SSAA) @ 1440p is just stunning at times..
    (Grinding SL in Panzer IV - F1, F2 & E in Arcade :rolleyes:)

Have a good Christmas holiday everyone.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  7. sathyrion

sathyrion Active Member

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 TUF
    Here's the issue that causes blackout.

System
    -
    Provider
    [ Name] Application Error
    - EventID 1000
    [ Qualifiers] 0
    Level 2
    Task 100
    Keywords 0x80000000000000
    - TimeCreated
    [ SystemTime] 2019-12-24T23:04:59.561553500Z
    EventRecordID 1778
    Channel Application
    Computer Deleted text
    Security
    -
    EventData
    Radeonsoftware.exe
    5df7cf62
    Radeonsoftware.exe
    5df7cf62
    c0000005
    00000000004037e7
    01d5baae855dee2b
    C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftware.exe
    C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftware.exe
    76206362-583b-400f-b0e1-91ae4684fb1b

Update:
    New one today...
    Videodriver "amdkmdap" stopped working.

System
    -
    Provider
    [ Name] Display
    - EventID 4101
    [ Qualifiers] 0
    Level 3
    Task 0
    Keywords 0x80000000000000
    - TimeCreated
    [ SystemTime] 2019-12-25T14:02:58.329997300Z
    EventRecordID 2348
    Channel System
    Computer
    Security
    -
    EventData
    amdkmdap

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
  8. GamerBoyManuel16

GamerBoyManuel16 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Okay quick update:

I've testing with 120/144hz and freesync on and off (even disabling it in my monitors menu) with 19.12.3 i have trouble like browser turning black, the whole screen turning black for a few secs and getting back .. also Resident Evil 2 was like freezing the system after leaving the game (idk spotify continued playing music, i could move the mouse cursor but i couldnt tab out the game, ctrl+alt+del didn't worked too.. - i had just the last frame of the games menu presented)

As i want to play - i just reverted back ti 19.11.3 - using it for 2 days now without any problems

So this is definitely a driver bug :(

9. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Report to AMD people. There are tons of bugs but they are not affecting everyone. AMD should know to prevent future users' bad experience.

10. bernek

bernek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7900XT
    COD MW 2019 still stuttering and lagging very annoying. Sometimes it does sometimes it doesnt ... running on a Ryzen 5 2600X 16GB DDR4 3000MHz and SSD.... shouldnt happen with Vega64 Sapphire Nitro+ LE.

11. Paul L

Paul L Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700 8gb
    Had another hard crash. Edit- Just a sudden fall to desktop with accompanying Log supposition send request window.

In War Thunder which doesn't happen often at all considering the game plays on a days sessions without full reboots.
    LOG Sent.

Still get random Green Screen quick blanks in Firefox (unsure if video frame issue)

BTW..
    I'm content using a 60Hz.12-Bit VA Sony TV as my main display. https://www.whathifi.com/sony/kdl-32w705c/overview
    Through HDMI (a good fat cable)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  12. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Sigh, just realise there is no/off toggle for Relive.

13. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Lots of hours gaming with 19.12.3 - Zero-0 problems.

Watching videos/movies...all smooth.

Strange Times and GlennB like this.
  14. GlennB

GlennB Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 EK
    Same for me though only after reinstalling the driver 2 times. Used DDU once and still had problems, used the AMD cleanup tool and had no problems after that.

15. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Yep,the new Radeon Software and other tiny .dlls are the culprit.You can disable in Task Scheduler the load of this software or End task at the load.
    I prefer back to a old stable WHQL or 19.12.1 with old Radeon Settings (without that Radeon Software).

16. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Sorry all I took a few days off from the internet to recharge so I did not update anything. Trying to play catch up with the several sites I frequent. Only took me 2 hours to clear out my e-mails.

17. sathyrion

sathyrion Active Member

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 TUF
    Yeah. Got to try rolling back to get things stable. Gamedev, so pc freezing/black out is a disaster when random crap like this happends and code + design is lost.

18. Picklepie

Picklepie Guest

GPU:
    r9 fury
    this might be a strange question because i realize not many people will own a r9 fury. But is anyone else able to set a fan profile? the profile seems to be locked to just one rpm when i try to do so... Also the fans once put load on the card dont seems to slow down properly. Besides these strange things does the control panel of the software get stock almost all the time it freeze and i cant use it until i force it to close (task manager) and open again. anyone owns a r9 fury (nitro) and can give me some insight in there experience with the 2020 driver?

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The fan settings overall are a bit wonky in 2020 (19.12.2 and 19.12.3) I'm on Navi (5700XT) but I've seen reports for Vega and Polaris GPU users confirming much the same though not entirely identical either. :)
    19.12.1 is what you might want to use for a more stable experience until AMD fixes more of the Adrenaline 2020 drivers other than that not much to recommend, trying to go via third party tools could work a bit better or at least allow some finer control over some of the fan related settings long as you avoid Wattman so it doesn't act up with anything or interferes.

20. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Screen frequency and connection?