Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 19.12.3 - Download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    No issues found yet :)

2. Rufus1

Rufus1 Guest

GPU:
    Rog Strix RX 5700XT
    Lol Will everyone please stop saying "broken" toys get broken

3. Rufus1

Rufus1 Guest

GPU:
    Rog Strix RX 5700XT
    I have same monitor and GPU mine has always reported 1750 unless u go down from 144

4. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    The full memory speed is not a bug thats how amd cards handle high refresh rates and dual monitors

I guess you came from nvidia? their cards dont do the same and run 300/300 ect

5. morrk

morrk Member

GPU:
    Red Devil 6800XT
    My Vega doesn't behave like that. Unless I've missed something.

6. Stingray

Stingray Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Super OC
    Having BF5 issues as well, same with another clan mate of mine, both of us with new builds running 5700XT's. Only Driver 19.12.1 works. He reports no other issues in other games, I only have BF5 installed so can't test with other games.

7. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    I never needed to, but I cannot underclock my Vram with 2020 suite. Only GPU clock in my 390X rig. Wtf AMD as a spare PC I want efficiency, slider does not go less than 1500mhz. GGWP.

8. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Those drivers are still garbage for 380 Series. Still crashing in DX11 fullscreen games even on refresh rates lower than 120Hz (like 60-75Hz), still full of overlay errors, still full of missing features. Still garbage and rubbish.

warlord likes this.
  9. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Dual monitors yes. But apparently it depends on the monitor factory timings when it comes to high refresh rates. Mine works fine with 144Hz whereas if I reduce it down to 120Hz, memory clock runs at full speed.
    Possible Solution: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/dr5bxt/i_solved_my_max_memory_clocks_at_144hz_problem/

10. supergt99

supergt99 New Member

GPU:
    5700xt
    not sure if this will help anyone,refrence 5700XT-- i was having some issues with strange down clocking,memory stuck at 1000mhz, wattman losing settings, adrenalin crashing. i used DDU to uninstall. then i installed 19.12.3 driver thru windows device manager. then i installed msi afterburner to do my undervolt/overclock. doing it this way i dont have all the junk that comes with it. no radeon chill, or image sharpening,etc..all issues are gone and its been working great. maybe some of you that are having issues should try it this way.

OnnA likes this.

11. justdoge

justdoge Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX580 Gaming X
    Relive still randomly stops recording

12. zeusola

zeusola Active Member

GPU:
    6700 xt
    They have been working ok on RX580 8GB, but sometimes the fans go to 100%, If I play Shogun 2 Total War the fan will go nuts.

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Setting a manual fan profile i dint notice any fan ramping up above what i've set.

14. Progeny

Progeny Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 DC2T @ 1300 MHz
    Same issues? I will try your driver later again but i believe it also crashes the monitor from time to time. Needs a hard reboot and will start at 1600x900 for some reason untill i reset all monitor settings.

I'm on 2019 right now so at least i can play without crashing.

TBH i never had such severe issues with Radeon cards before. Am kinda shocked the state the drivers are in right now. A bit unacceptable for such an expensive product range imo.

15. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    MSI Afterburner works now, no flickering when you set a custom fan curve. 5700XT

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    Krteq likes this.

16. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Can you get your 5700 to over with A/B?

17. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Yes.

I'm thinking of just installing the driver now and none of the AMD software. I can't stand it, just as much as I can't stand Nvidias bloatware.

18. Vlooi

Vlooi Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon vii
    Maybe this will help for some of you having instabilities with the driver. Go to your power plan under Windows settings, and under advanced settings for that plan, navigate to "PCI Express-> Link State Power Management", and set the setting to "Off". Apparently on some PC's the PCI Express port will go into power saving mode, causing black screens and unstable clock speeds on Radeon cards. This could be replicated for Vega and Navi cards.

OnnA likes this.
  19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah some systems have issues with that as one cause of the black screens though it's off on the higher performance levels by default as I recall.

Driver itself is functional but there's still work to be done and I'm not a big fan of how some of these allowed for the driver to be shipped but then some of the Navi issues alone should have been handled better and the numerous regressions for existing GPU models is very problematic but hopefully with Adrenaline 2020 now out focus can be on bug fixes and getting stuff fixed up at least in time for Navi20 and RDNA 2.0 and less problems when that launches, we'll see. :)

Oh and with some tweaking the driver is working OK for what it has for issues and while not a bug as the driver changed the behavior of Navi GPU's existing Wattman configs might not be entirely stable though it seems to apply more for undervolting and the GPU operating a bit heavier now so some extra headroom might be needed though I've seen reports of overclocking also being a issue and the problem with auto overclocking setting a too high value is improved but still occurs.
    (Although it seems to work similar to auto undervolt where it mostly just cuts -50mv but now it's down by some 20 - 30 Mhz so instead of 2180 it might suggest 2150 Mhz.)

20. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Good to read that. Sadly I cannot verify and confirm the fix myself because my 5700XT system was not affected by this problem before. It affected just dual monitor and some single monitor high refresh rate setups before. And altering display setup (e.g. disabling the second monitor) could fix that. So the question is, are you on exactly the same monitor/display config as before, when it was flickering for you?