GeForce Graphics Drivers 441.66 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its possible, the 6.0.1.8746 driver from asus made made someone elses system crash with 44x drivers.

2. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Neither have i, DCH drivers all be fine for me.

Could try rolling back to the drivers you had on before, or just reconnecting your Onkyo, see if Windows re-picks it up.

AuerX likes this.
  3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    realtek driver cause alot bad thing, I still remember have nothing but 5 years worth system hardlocks do Realtek driver when ever HW acceleration in anything in conjunction with Audio stuff like Chat servers running.

5 years down the road and 6 realtek drivers later the issue was fixed. and people where swearing up and down to that the issue lay with the nvidia drivers. nvidia drivers had nothing to do issue. Cause I could use any nvidia driver and still have the issue and soon as realtek drivers were taking out equation(uninstalled) no more hard locks, atlest till they managed to fix there drivers.

From that day forwards I refused to change and or update audio drivers from realtek I still use those same Realtek drivers to this day, just modified with Live DTS and DD enabled.

4. S3r1ous

S3r1ous Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700
    all good here

5. citrixscu

citrixscu Member

GPU:
    Strix 1080 Ti OC
    Did you get this working properly? I have a similar setup with a DENON AVR to a 7.1 setup. I ended up using the iGPU HDMI output for audio only as when I connected anything to the HDMI output on my 1080Ti, borderless windowed G Sync would not work. Windows detects the 'ghost screen' on the AVR if I set the desktop display mode to Extend.

Setup:
    1080Ti DP --> G Sync Monitor
    Intel iGPU HDMI --> DENON AVR (no monitor attached)

Both G Sync and audio work fine.

6. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

I'm not sure why anyone would see any difference. The DCH control panel is identical to the one with the Game Ready and Studio Driver down to the crap UI scaling. I've used both and there's zero difference.
    What you're listing as 'DCH' specific issues read more like generic install issues.

7. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    You have other problems if you're getting blue screens and corrupt files. Maybe check your PSU.

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    there are a number of cases where the store is serving people older DCH cpls, cases where specific language sets don't have the full set of settings / not on par with the english pack (and using the language setting reg trick may not work with the dch cpl) and a few other things that just go wrong with having a cpl updated seperately from driver.

anyone remember that guy who was adamant nvidia's driver was deleting his C drive?

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Wait Nvidia own DCH drivers dont even come with control panel? and one has to use MS store to have honor of having a nvidia control panel?

If that is true that reason enough for me to never use DCH drivers cause I will never use the MS store I haven't used it to download anything since I started using windows 10 and I wont start now. Now if Nvidia drivers that are500+at this point actual have CP in it that ok, but if dont I will remain using standard right up to point Nvidia no longer released standard drivers.

I am not gona be forced in using MS store to get Control panel that should be included with the drivers. if that ever happens I will use Nvidia profile inspector only.

AntiSnipe and venturi like this.
  10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    AlleyViper and venturi like this.

11. citrixscu

citrixscu Member

GPU:
    Strix 1080 Ti OC
    I think some of this was due to MS pushing an older driver version through WSUS. I've been on DCH for a long time but was pushed 432.00 on 12/11, which was one day after I installed 441.66. I only noticed because I went into NVCPL system information for something and saw I had an older driver installed for no apparent reason.

12. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Don't tell me you actually trust those reviews?
    I switched to DCH on purpose a few days ago with DDU so that Nvidia would screw something with the forced DCH upgrade.
    Zero issues, control panel was installed automatically after the main driver package.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  13. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    How did you get NVCP, from the MS store?
    If DCH drivers don't come with CP windows update should provide it, the last way would be to MS store.
    I could imagine times were you update drivers but you're on an older version of CP.

Also note, you should not have to use DDU to install drivers. I never have.

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    windows update is not a qualified provider for DCHA support applications.

15. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Yes. Either it was scheduled to install automatically or I triggered it somehow, maybe by clicking an Nvidia tray icon. Anyway ~30 seconds after I turned my internet back on after the driver install, I got a notification from WinStore that nvcpl has been installed.
    But it wouldn't be a big deal to me if I had to manually install it from the store, it's only a couple of clicks anyway.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    it shouldn't have to be install separately or manual it should be provided with drivers....

Fumz and venturi like this.
  17. Voxillo

Voxillo New Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX970
    Does anyone know how to change the text language for these new drivers?
    The dutch text language is horrible for finding settings.

The old way with deleting .dll's in xx\NVIDIA Corporation\Display\ and xx\NVIDIA Corporation\Control Panel Client does not work anymore since these folders don't exist with the new drivers.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  19. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Wrong. That would essentially be side loading an application outside the MS Store which would be a huge security problem if allowed not just by Nvidia but any vendor.

20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    and there no reason the control panel the drivers has to be a APP either