Resident Evil 3 Remake

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by MarkyG, Dec 3, 2019.

1. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Funny you say that! Darkstalkers teased too, just makes me worry we'll end up with Street Fighter V quality games and not Devil May Cry V quality since I really disliked the RE2 remake.

2. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    After really enjoying the first remake and also 7.. you can call me a Resident Evil fan now. I never played the originals and have no clue what the third one offers but I'm excited.
    RE2 remake really surprised me with how good it was, and RE7 was an excellent first person horror game.

Turanis likes this.
  3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    RE7 was great. A solid return to form, and makes me very excited for RE8.

I've been a fan of Resident Evil since the first game. And, for the longest time the original RE2 was my favorite entry. RE7 may have taken that spot.
    As for the RE2 remake, it's damn good. But, I have slight annoyances.
    Mostly, they completely ruined the A/B campaign. In the original, The A and B story lines played out very differently, different bosses, locations, passages through similar locations. And Mr. X only showed up in B.

The remake feels like they put all their energy into the campaign, then towards the end remembered it was supposed to be an A/B story... and they threw together the B storyline quickly.
    It makes no sense for Leon and Clair to both fight "G" at the same locations, in the same way.
    Also, throwing Mr. X into both campaigns... kind of ruins him. The original game he wasn't in A, but there were clues pointing to him. So, after playing A you go into B, comfortable, thinking you've got this. And Mr. X shows up, completely undoing everything you thought you knew about how to play it.
    They leaned too heavily on him, and in turn... kind of ruined what made him special.

I'm really excited for RE3's upcoming remake. As the original RE3 was always the weakest of the original three games. It'll be interesting to see how they handle Nemesis, if it'll just be Mr X in a new skin... or if they will make changes.

4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Power Stone seems to be a fighting game, I too don't remember it at all.

5. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    If they ever remake Power Stone you'll see perhaps a surprising number of fans rising from the past with excitement for it. I'd be one of them, I loved the first Power Stone. I never played the 2nd one much, it was probably just one rental (whereas it might have been something like 5 or 6 rentals for the first one) but a 'remake' would probably include both game's respective stages and characters for sure. At the time it was one of the games I genuinely felt was a good representation of the Dreamcast's unique and charming games library.

I'm 100% convinced that a remake would absolutely work right now. In fact, it would distinguish itself once more among the 'regular' fighting games we've had in the past 3 or 4 years. We're experiencing some sort of a fighting games renaissance right now (not kidding, we absolutely are seeing one) but Power Stone plays more like an 'arena' type fighting game. The interaction with stage items sets it apart. It'd be like taking Mortal Kombat's recent games (MKX and MK11), turning the stages into a full 3D arena and letting fighters grab all the glowing interactive objects you'd normally see in the backgrounds, except now there's a ton of them to interact with and some even give different powers (or gameplay effects, etc).

The gist is if Capcom really does plan to remake (or reboot) Power Stone then I'll be part of the cheering fanbase, the original game was truly just plain and simple fun. However, there IS one main caviat to this 'praise' about Power Stone. It really is a game that shines when played with someone else, and by that I mean very much 90s style with someone else, in the same room; with friends or family, etc. Playing a game like that alone isn't doing it justice. It's in the veins of a Nintendo family-friendly type of game, not a normal fighting game where you'd be fine doing some matches alone versus the A.I., so if anything Capcom will have to find ways to make it interesting for solo players, otherwise it might end up being just a niche game, not helped by the fact that fighting games - in general - already is a niche genre to start with.

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Do you guys like the new nemesis redisign? It looks familiar but somehow strange to me.

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    The teeth are really off-putting, they make me think of piano keys... but I guess that's the point of the change, to be more creepy.

Undying likes this.
  9. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    I'm okay with the slight redesign. Nemesis always looked a bit "weird", so the slight changes don't upset me much.

Undying likes this.
  10. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    I still want a proper remake of RE4 imagine that game in the RE2 remake engine :)
    One of the best RE games aswell in my opinion. Best videogame era when the gamecube was released good old days.

11. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
  12. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Demo is coming to PC and consoles on Thursday, March 19th.

13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    So long as it's not like the demo for RE2...

14. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Are you referring to that crappy darkness bug? It was damn annoying, the way I managed to fix it was by putting all on low.

I also hope the gameplay has toned down the adaptive difficulty in RE2, I really dislike that kind of game design.

15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I was referring to the time limit.

Kolt likes this.

16. I agree, the limit was completely stupid. I spent half of that time just fiddling with graphics settings :)

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Darkness bug was only on Kepler cards becouse nvidia really cares about older generations.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  18. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I sooo can't wait for this game! RE2 Remake was an absolute joy to play. And so was RE7. I'm just so glad CAPCOM's back on track.

19. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Well, the reports of RE8 indicate that Capcom may slide into overt action again, so I would be a bit cautious...